ABF | Excessive overtime

No. Thats why you nail time cards to the ceiling above the Timeclock of the dearly departed worker who died on the job. God will cover that overtime forever.

On a more serious note legally you can work 70 hours on duty in a 8 day period. And thats it. Until you get hours back.

In trucking we put in 100 hours, 120 hours, 140 hours? All damn week day and night? Not a problem because none of that is paid or very little. the only time people hustled to get something finished fast is when that OT clock is ticking the money out of them.

No. Thats why you nail time cards to the ceiling above the Timeclock of the dearly departed worker who died on the job. God will cover that overtime forever.

On a more serious note legally you can work 70 hours on duty in a 8 day period. And thats it. Until you get hours back.

In trucking we put in 100 hours, 120 hours, 140 hours? All damn week day and night? Not a problem because none of that is paid or very little. the only time people hustled to get something finished fast is when that OT clock is ticking the money out of them.
Actually you're wrong. There's no limit to how many hours you can WORK, there are only limits to when and how long you can DRIVE.

Then again you won't see this because you have me on ignore, I forgot. :duh:

Last edited:
Actually you're wrong. There's no limit to how many hours you can WORK, there are only limits to when and how long you can DRIVE.

Thats just it.

The driving part.

IF people worked so much to please the blessed management in those places they would not be able to drive legally. That would be that.

Part 1 ( only)

Sadly the vast majority in the industry (drivers and management) do not understand the HOS and come up with all kinds of crazy opinions and rules. Work and drive and on duty gets them confused.That is one nice thing about the ELD, love it or hate it.

Is there any thing in contract about excessive overtime for city drivers
I see you say NY, if you are under the NYS Supplement, article 72 covers that...file on that...there's a problem with my BA and reading plain English with that article but the more people that file the better....there is a thread on here about it that says ba rewriting contract or something similar to that....PM me if you have any questions....

I usually took three to five days off wherever. Forever about trying to get home. It will take care of itself.

I remember a incident where the truck was in the 76 at Harrisburg and I was down on the Virginia Capes on the water under sail for a couple of days aboard. A working sloop meant to teach people a little bit about sailing and at the same time feed them well and enjoy the cruise. Work was not required. For me to do that was a stress relief and not work at all.

Anyway during day two going to day three heading back to the dock for the morning, a friend told me on the cell that Dispatch was going crazy in PA and put a missing persons report on me to the State Police.

I laughed. I told him that Im off another two days and change. What part of time off do they not understand.

First thing out of my mouth when I got back to a yard with suits in there they asked me where the eff was I at?

At sea off Virginia Capes. My time off. You have a problem boss?

Damn right we do.

Not anymore. Im gone. Bye.

BUT, YOU... uh. Erf... DAMN... etc.

If you really want a language challenge, go to the tide water of North Carolina or even south carolina. Keep going east until you hit that salt water.

Find some people living in that area. They can be identified by extreme poverty.

Listen to them talk a while. Takes a day to understand what they are saying sometime.

If you really want a language challenge, go to the tide water of North Carolina or even south carolina. Keep going east until you hit that salt water.

Find some people living in that area. They can be identified by extreme poverty.

Listen to them talk a while. Takes a day to understand what they are saying sometime.
How can you say I live in poverty when I have 22 Qts of squirrel gravy put up for the winter

I had a breakfast there. 4 bucks.

Had to brush a few flies off the plate along the way and chase a few critters to and from the truck there.

What a fine meal it was. We had some time on hand and passed it over a chess board.

The only time I can think of a poorer place would be down in the Louisiana in some places. Or perhaps Gary Indiana. However it must be the Indian Reservations who live on hardly nothing at all.

If you excluded skid row in South Central LA then alls well.

If I remember right in that part of the Carolinas its usually some form of pulled pork or something or other. And salt. I miss some of that eating however. Its really good when done right by people who care.

I had a breakfast there. 4 bucks.

Had to brush a few flies off the plate along the way and chase a few critters to and from the truck there.

What a fine meal it was. We had some time on hand and passed it over a chess board.

The only time I can think of a poorer place would be down in the Louisiana in some places. Or perhaps Gary Indiana. However it must be the Indian Reservations who live on hardly nothing at all.

If you excluded skid row in South Central LA then alls well.

If I remember right in that part of the Carolinas its usually some form of pulled pork or something or other. And salt. I miss some of that eating however. Its really good when done right by people who care.
Thanks a lot 1984SW’s. Bertha read your post and now wants me to go get her a few pounds of pulled pork and one of them “cheese boards”. I tried to tell her you said “chess board” but it was too late. So, I am off to get pulled pork and a few block’s of cheese. LOL!!!