R&L | Exemption Notice

grinderswife

TB Lurker
Credits
Apparently it is required by law for R & L to send out an exemption notice pursuant to the Employee Retirement INcome Security Act of 1974 which they have done. The problem, however is that the notice is written in legal jargon making if difficult what they are requesting an exemption for and the effect it will have on its employees. When requesting further explanation from the Human Resoures department you are told don't worry about it - it won't effect you. Well if it is necessary to send out notices of these exemptions there is obviously something that will effect the drivers. Human Resourecs, howeve refuses to provide further explanatio other than don't worry about it. Anyone out there making heads or tails of this?

You won't get one. Because my Husband is on the road all day he asked me to call Human Resources and when I did all they would say is it doesn't effect you. They went on to say we don't have to talk to you you don't work for us.

Haven't seen this letter you refer to. Maybe I'll get mine in the mail today.
Can you elaborate on exactly what it says?
Have you tried an internet search for info.

Grinderswife, Bullwagon, does the letter refer to 401k or some other benefit?
Are you enrolled in the 401k??

I am not able to upload the attachment but if you send me your e-mail address I will send you a copy of this Notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
The notice in question is refering to the company becoming self insured for our life insurance.This was told to me by human resources while on the phone with my TM. What will change for us as employees is we will get an extra 25 dollars a week in short term disability and we get a new 10,000 dollar dismemberment benifit we did not previously have.