XPO | Exit

So after further reading of related articles on this Topic it seems as if Brad Jacobs has moved on from Xpo. Just like he has in the tool rental business in the waste removal business. He says in one of the articles that he reinvents himself every 10 years and now it’s time to do that. The breaking up of all the Xpo entities was just that. I’m a little disappointed because he never stuck around to give us those autonomous trucks that he’s so much bragged about we’re supposed to be coming the next couple years. Hmmmm , Oh well I guess I’ll get over it. He has always been nothing but a sales person and a spin master to Wall Street.
So in your eyes he's a job jumper...Guess he wasn't to worried about PTO and seniority

So after further reading of related articles on this Topic it seems as if Brad Jacobs has moved on from Xpo. Just like he has in the tool rental business in the waste removal business. He says in one of the articles that he reinvents himself every 10 years and now it’s time to do that. The breaking up of all the Xpo entities was just that. I’m a little disappointed because he never stuck around to give us those autonomous trucks that he’s so much bragged about we’re supposed to be coming the next couple years. Hmmmm , Oh well I guess I’ll get over it. He has always been nothing but a sales person and a spin master to Wall Street.

Now that's not very nice, just look around at all the ways things are better....{Please take this time to enjoy the sounds of crickets chirping happily...}
worked pretty good for me,big raises to reach levels of other ltl"s,paperless,most old dbag management turned over,new teams seem better,new trucks,401k weekly,no fkn woke "lean teams,lol",no 2 hr backup fridays,no spy health coaches,lol

I liked the article and agree with most of it, but I would like to know specifics of how one retires on only a million at 35....doesn't seem like nearly enough at that age....

I liked the article and agree with most of it, but I would like to know specifics of how one retires on only a million at 35....doesn't seem like nearly enough at that age....
Some people need excuses. A bunch of very poor but laughable advice. Too each their own.
I think most people have more common sense then that. Always at the bottom of the seniority list . Job jumpers Don’t like unions because it holds them to their low seniority. They can’t brown nose their way to a better standing.
Nothing frustrates them more. Lol

Last edited:
I sure he has some outside income, If you see he is an outside contirbutor to CNBC. The one thing is doesn't have to do is punch a clock.
These might help explain
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/31/ear...ent-of-income-lives-by-basic-money-rules.html

A bunch of very poor but laughable advice. Too each their own.
WOW excuses...Really. I do want to know how it is poor and laughable advice. This coming from someone who says he in is 70s and still working...Please explain we are all waiting to hear.....
I think most people have more common sense then that.
and most have alot of debt
Always at the bottom of the seniority list . Job jumpers Don’t like unions because it holds them to their low seniority. They can’t brown nose their way to a better standing.
Nothing frustrates them more. Lol
Hey we get it you put seniority at the top of you list, not everyone does.
I do have to ask what has your loyality gotten you other then 7 weeks and top man at your barn? I sure hope you aren't holding out for the pension to come back. On that note why are you still working? Did you past the rule of 85 long before XPO took over?
It is funny how you can bash someone that retired from his 9-5 job at 35 and you still punching a clock at 70?

I sure he has some outside income, If you see he is an outside contirbutor to CNBC. The one thing is doesn't have to do is punch a clock.
These might help explain
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/31/ear...ent-of-income-lives-by-basic-money-rules.html

That's all sound advice and I do everything there except the cutting cable tv.....if I did that I would be in divorce court with a furious Mrs. 381, that would cost way more than cable.....LMAO

WOW excuses...Really. I do want to know how it is poor and laughable advice. This coming from someone who says he in is 70s and still working...Please explain we are all waiting to hear.....

and most have alot of debt

Hey we get it you put seniority at the top of you list, not everyone does.
I do have to ask what has your loyality gotten you other then 7 weeks and top man at your barn? I sure hope you aren't holding out for the pension to come back. On that note why are you still working? Did you past the rule of 85 long before XPO took over?
It is funny how you can bash someone that retired from his 9-5 job at 35 and you still punching a clock at 70?
76 years old.
82 years old.
80 years old.
79 years old.

These are the ages of some of the top politicians of the main parties.

Multi millionaires. Still seeking the spotlight. Still pursuing power.

76 years old.
82 years old.
80 years old.
79 years old.

These are the ages of some of the top politicians of the main parties.

Multi millionaires. Still seeking the spotlight. Still pursuing power.
Last I checked they didn't call this guys advice, "A bunch of very poor but laughable advice."

I guess life stops at 65 by this logic.
Personally , I don't feel that way.

There is an experience deficit in the workplace now.

Due to multiple factors ( younger folks think they know a better CHEAPER way , those in charge think they don't need experience due to technology , also the desire for productivity increases is overwhelming... Gotta get them numbers!)

Without human to human , veteran to rookie , father-to-son-type , transferral of knowledge and skills , you get what we have now in the professional driving industry.

Driving professionally is a skill. It takes a lot to learn a little. LTL is a specialty within professional driving. The large companies will NEVER admit or endorse that the CDL system needs to be treated like a skill trade. ( It would cut into the money and power that the larger companies have )

Soooooo , over time ( at least at XPO/Con-way ) every effort has been made to diminish your senority ( they won't even call it that , it's "service rank" ) to ignore your experience as a professional driver ( you can be disciplined by a person that doesn't have ANY qualifications to drive ) and finally upper management divides and conquers. Meetings and outings are minimalized and information is compartmentalize. People are turned against one another that should be together.

Personally , I don't feel that way.

There is an experience deficit in the workplace now.

Due to multiple factors ( younger folks think they know a better CHEAPER way , those in charge think they don't need experience due to technology , also the desire for productivity increases is overwhelming... Gotta get them numbers!)

Without human to human , veteran to rookie , father-to-son-type , transferral of knowledge and skills , you get what we have now in the professional driving industry.

Driving professionally is a skill. It takes a lot to learn a little. LTL is a specialty within professional driving. The large companies will NEVER admit or endorse that the CDL system needs to be treated like a skill trade. ( It would cut into the money and power that the larger companies have )

Soooooo , over time ( at least at XPO/Con-way ) every effort has been made to diminish your senority ( they won't even call it that , it's "service rank" ) to ignore your experience as a professional driver ( you can be disciplined by a person that doesn't have ANY qualifications to drive ) and finally upper management divides and conquers. Meetings and outings are minimalized and information is compartmentalize. People are turned against one another that should be together.
And that Sir is why unions unfortunately are needed in this business. Everything you mentioned is why the companies resist it. Xpo more than any other company has been the leader in diminishing Seniority and recognizing experience. It started at the top with Jacobs. They attempt at every step to degrade this profession. The more they downgrade it the less they will have to pay in the future.

People are turned against one another that should be “ TOGETHER”
Bingo !!!! Their biggest fear. This is why they resist unions. Just look at the post on here. You have guys that will go out of their way to disagree with anything even if the idea is ultimately in there best interest. A united front yields to much power And they fear that.

And that Sir is why unions unfortunately are needed in this business. Everything you mentioned is why the companies resist it. Xpo more than any other company has been the leader in diminishing Seniority and recognizing experience. It started at the top with Jacobs. They attempt at every step to degrade this profession. The more they downgrade it the less they will have to pay in the future.
Well you better back up that train up and start with CCX. Now please inform us how long you worked at this union carrier...Oh wait sorry non-union carrier

Last edited:
Oh no say it isn't so. ABF has a higher percentages of institutional owners then XPO at 88.42%. One cnn article said it's the highest in the trucking industry in 2019
Oh look so does UPS at 71.91%
WOW even OD at 74.34%

Remember when the board voted against your buddy Jacobs getting his $80M bonus. And then he turned around and frakked them all for that and then some ? He was everyones darling when he was making them money. Not so much now that he isn't. It's not that complicated.