Homepage: http://www.pitto...

More Information

America's Career InfoNet has information about jobs at the national level:

General Outlook on the U.S. Job Market
Additional Career Resources
Wage and Trend information related to this type of job
Profile of Pennsylvania

Job Description

PITT OHIO EXPRESS, a high service, highly profitable Mid-Atlantic LTL carrier, is seeking professional, experienced drivers for our Columbus, OH Terminal.

Leading - edge technology and world-class customer service contribute to the continued success of our organization. This position offers energetic individuals the opportunity to work in a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary. PITT OHIO EXPRESS has received countless safety, service, and carrier of the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety department is a leader in the transportation industry. Dedication to quality and excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO EXPRESS.

Qualified applicants must complete an application to be considered for employment You can apply on line at PITT OHIO EXPRESS Online - Home

Chuck Hammel is still President and is very much a part of the company, Bob is gone, he sold off his part, And whichever relative (cousin/brother?) who owned P-Jax sold off his company. But Chuck is still around.

PJAX & Pitt Ohio were owned by Hammel cousins. As for Bob Hammel, he left Pitt Ohio to run KDL Logistics, which used to be a part of Pitt Ohio. Bob was VP @ Pitt Ohio and I think it was just easier to take over KDL and to give up his VP.

PJAX & Pitt Ohio were owned by Hammel cousins. As for Bob Hammel, he left Pitt Ohio to run KDL Logistics, which used to be a part of Pitt Ohio. Bob was VP @ Pitt Ohio and I think it was just easier to take over KDL and to give up his VP.

Cousins?? We were told at PJAX they were brothers. I met the Mom and Pop Hammels once. And Donny came once when I was off.

They should open a terminal in South Bend Indiana, I think they service the area out of Battle Creek now.Most companies who NW Indiana to about the North Central are based in this area. Elkhart Indian is a profitable market with tight service times.

Pitt Ohio is a good company to work for however with the majority of terminals systemwide they do enjoy screwing their road :chairshot:drivers over. Since we stopped laying over and changed to mileage pay now all of the senior city drivers are coming to the road board and getting their seniority after 1yr and a day.There is nothing like helping a city driver when he comes over with proper procedures with paperwork and finding terminals, but to have them rub it in your face how they will be senior to you after they get their time in is all wrong.the company has grown so much that Chuck has lost touch with many morale problems.

do you know if p/o going to open louisville ky market? i know you guys are interlinning w/averrit. :bsanta::bsanta: