Yellow | Extension For 5 Years Equal:

Look, if you don't like it- AND I DON'T- Then find another job. I'm looking. I just know from experience- It's easier to find a job when you still have a job!

Hey.....if you don't like it, quit....never heard that one before...oh wait, heard it each time I voted against the concessions. And look, after 23 1/2 years, I was laid off. Saw the writing on the wall years ago and at the ripe old age of 48, I enrolled in college. As soon as I graduate in May of 2015, I will retire and collect whatever pension I can. You my brother can keep giving back and feel fortunate to "have a job," but I can walk away with my head held high and tell my kids, it's not always about the $. It's about sticking up for what is right. When YRC first came crying,they said this is all we need to right the ship. Then they came back for more. How much more wasteful spending on their part is it going to take for you to get your head out of the sand, and say NO MORE?

Try to look at it like this... going forward, you're not losing something that was given up years ago. And anyone thinking you'd ever get full rate again is pure fantasy.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Forum Runner

Remember to show just a little respect to your elders.

You have no idea.

Respect is earned never just given. Just because someone is older does not make them wiser. I know plenty of old fools because I work with them.

Wow, I'm simply bewildered by your impressive ignorance! Better do some research next time.

Research? There are articles all over the place from ABF, YRC, and Teamsters admitting to the fact YRC made an offer.

I guess you think you are oh so cool with that Hunter S. Thompson bs.

KK, The wages for road drivers is $12,119 per year. The pension give back is $24,599 per year. That equals $36,718 per year and $183,590 for the life of the extension!

1,400,000,000.00 debt / 25,000 employees = 56,000.00
By my calculations they owe us 127,590.00

KK, The wages for road drivers is $12,119 per year. The pension give back is $24,599 per year. That equals $36,718 per year and $183,590 for the life of the extension!

The Pension was based on the 75% that was not being paid in at CSPF. It averages $80 at 25% per week....that leave $240 not being paid in x 52 weeks = $12,480 per year.....KK

2,500 miles per week average minus the 15% is $12,119 in road wages (Not even counting hourly for a road driver)

75% of Pension payments to be deferred = $24,599 per year

That comes to $24,599 on the average per year....

That would be an average of $122,995.00 over a five (5) extension we would have to pay to work at YRCW....and they wonder why so many are upset?.....KK

I have to agree, don't forget to add in the past years of give backs. I liked the letter last Saturday, were still in trouble and your going to pay ! Happy Holidays ! I have decided to move on...six years until retirement, five more years another give back. Jimmy H is a joke, he couldn't get a pick-up load of crack heads to join up with a pound of free...........! ( I had to clean that line up ! ) I have been thru this with other companys and I won't go thru this again. There is no end in sight,...give me the name of one company that got... give backs and stayed in business. Each will have to decide shortly how we will vote, If we even get to !

It's easier to take from the employees then to stop lining their own pockets. Corporate greed is running this company and our country to ruin.

Losing a ton over 5 years that's true. Now help a computer illiterate by telling me how much I would "make" in that time. :confused:
2400 mile avg. would be ruffly $355.000 in 5 years........dont know about the rest of yall,but i might be able to getby with that...not to mention the $18.980.00 a year for heath insurance...i cant aford that rate a chix duc otfit....just my 1/2 cent.....

2400 mile avg. would be ruffly $355.000 in 5 years........dont know about the rest of yall,but i might be able to getby with that...not to mention the $18.980.00 a year for heath insurance...i cant aford that rate a chix duc otfit....just my 1/2 cent.....
Thanks for figuring it out for me. Guess all those years I worked "White Papers" causes me to look at things a tad differently. Always a Teamster just never top NMFA until last 12 years at Rdwy. It was nice money and would not have wanted to go backwards.....tough choice.

It's easier to take from the employees then to stop lining their own pockets. Corporate greed is running this company and our country to ruin.
Silly me- I thought they paid you a wage to work? If you are paying them to work there- logic would say you need a different job?

People on here are figuring on wages they can't count on until they've worked to earn them. Just like counting money not earned during a strike. Never count as owed what you never received. The vote took the wages from one amount to another. That's all you have. There is 'no owed'....

People on here are figuring on wages they can't count on until they've worked to earn them. Just like counting money not earned during a strike. Never count as owed what you never received. The vote took the wages from one amount to another. That's all you have. There is 'no owed'....

so what is your stake in yrc?

so what is your stake in yrc?

200 Friends, and Central States Pension. I've come to work at 2 other Companies to find the Gates forever closed. IMO, Teamsters continuing to collect 60k a year and paid for benes is better than 30,000 more unemployed in the Obama Economy. Many have no Options; either they or a Family Member needs TeamCare and can't afford the COBRA once YRCW is no longer paying your healthcare.

Other than the Pension- it won't hurt my finances. But one needs to think of the entire consequences of all the members before one blindly says 'shut it down'....

"But one needs to think of the entire consequences of all the members before one blindly says 'shut it down'.... "
hmm, I looked for this fictious statement in my post but could not find it.

To those that say 'there will be freight somewhere; someone's gotta haul it'.

Better get a resume together now. Make friends with ABF Now- they'll be the only Teamsters LTL left. They can only take so much/ so many. The rest goes to the Nons. I's that what the IBT Goal is???

I have 3 million miles, no tickets or accidents, and wall full of awards. OD is hiring 50 road drivers here and they won't even return my calls. Do you really think Teamsters will be hired at the Nons? Dayton Freight hired two City Guys- 1100 applied for 2 jobs. I can't imagine 2 had better qualifications than mine. What will the guys with BAD Records do? Guys with families on Medicine/special needs will be screwed. I know- it's only my opinion and I don't work there any more- but asking to commit financial ******* when there is a viable alternative is beyond insane. Vote to keep it open- then leave to greener pastures so the ones with no options survive. That seems more Brotherly, IMO. But what do I know????

To those that say 'there will be freight somewhere; someone's gotta haul it'.

Better get a resume together now. Make friends with ABF Now- they'll be the only Teamsters LTL left. They can only take so much/ so many. The rest goes to the Nons. I's that what the IBT Goal is???

I have 3 million miles, no tickets or accidents, and wall full of awards. OD is hiring 50 road drivers here and they won't even return my calls. Do you really think Teamsters will be hired at the Nons? Dayton Freight hired two City Guys- 1100 applied for 2 jobs. I can't imagine 2 had better qualifications than mine. What will the guys with BAD Records do? Guys with families on Medicine/special needs will be screwed. I know- it's only my opinion and I don't work there any more- but asking to commit financial ******* when there is a viable alternative is beyond insane. Vote to keep it open- then leave to greener pastures so the ones with no options survive. That seems more Brotherly, IMO. But what do I know????

Another excellent, insightful post. You're running the table. :1036316054: