Yellow | Extension For 5 Years Equal:

To those that say 'there will be freight somewhere; someone's gotta haul it'.

Better get a resume together now. Make friends with ABF Now- they'll be the only Teamsters LTL left. They can only take so much/ so many. The rest goes to the Nons. I's that what the IBT Goal is???

I have 3 million miles, no tickets or accidents, and wall full of awards. OD is hiring 50 road drivers here and they won't even return my calls. Do you really think Teamsters will be hired at the Nons? Dayton Freight hired two City Guys- 1100 applied for 2 jobs. I can't imagine 2 had better qualifications than mine. What will the guys with BAD Records do? Guys with families on Medicine/special needs will be screwed. I know- it's only my opinion and I don't work there any more- but asking to commit financial ******* when there is a viable alternative is beyond insane. Vote to keep it open- then leave to greener pastures so the ones with no options survive. That seems more Brotherly, IMO. But what do I know????

Wait let me think about it for a minute......NO !

Call me crazy- I see it as YRCW is 4th and 63 from its own 2 yard line. The Banks are promising that- if you will just Punt- they promise to not rush the passer and only use running plays for 5 years. And the vocal many are calling out - Hail Mary- we won't punt!

In Football- there is a time to punt and hope for better field position. ASK for negotiations for the pension. Don't Demand Anything. Statistically, you'll be crushed.

YRCW Financials show they won't survive longterm. Take what they offer and get out on YOUR Terms. Don't collapse it. 'principle' won't buy much groceries.....

What would you do, if they said get on your knees, your on the clock?

That's not the question. I have big weapons to defend my home. You're equating that saying to living a good easy life or shutting down the Mother Sow that feeds you. Silly to do that....

I left. I work for an excellent company that treats us like gold.

If your post is your best argument- how do you find your way home? It's beyond ignorant...

Call me crazy- I see it as YRCW is 4th and 63 from its own 2 yard line. The Banks are promising that- if you will just Punt- they promise to not rush the passer and only use running plays for 5 years. And the vocal many are calling out - Hail Mary- we won't punt!

In Football- there is a time to punt and hope for better field position. ASK for negotiations for the pension. Don't Demand Anything. Statistically, you'll be crushed.

YRCW Financials show they won't survive longterm. Take what they offer and get out on YOUR Terms. Don't collapse it. 'principle' won't buy much groceries.....

You only punt if you have faith in your defense to stop the opponent and get the ball back. Right now our defense is Hoffa and IBT. Throw the Hail Mary. The beating are not gonna stop. We are asked time and time again to save this company and then see work rules and the contract shredded before our eyes in committee, or the union just throws its hands up and says "they can do that". Plus bullcrap letters and constant harassment when all you want to do is go in do your job and go home with no drama. They can stick it in their ear.

That's not the question. I have big weapons to defend my home. You're equating that saying to living a good easy life or shutting down the Mother Sow that feeds you. Silly to do that....

I left. I work for an excellent company that treats us like gold.

If your post is your best argument- how do you find your way home? It's beyond ignorant...

By all means please help some ignorant brothers out and tell us of this mystical job where the freight trash are treated like gold. Where would one inquire about employment at this magical place.

Hey.....if you don't like it, quit....never heard that one before...oh wait, heard it each time I voted against the concessions. And look, after 23 1/2 years, I was laid off. Saw the writing on the wall years ago and at the ripe old age of 48, I enrolled in college. As soon as I graduate in May of 2015, I will retire and collect whatever pension I can. You my brother can keep giving back and feel fortunate to "have a job," but I can walk away with my head held high and tell my kids, it's not always about the $. It's about sticking up for what is right. When YRC first came crying,they said this is all we need to right the ship. Then they came back for more. How much more wasteful spending on their part is it going to take for you to get your head out of the sand, and say NO MORE?

O.K.- How do I go back to college when I'm not on lay-off, and still feed my family, and provide them with health coverage? Do I just quit and have no income at all? Maybe I should've said, if you don't like it find another job or career that you would like more. Should I vote no and if they shut the doors tell my family, "It's not always about the money. I know we can't pay all the bills, or get good medical care, or have the comforts in life we have now...." Hey, but at least my head would be held high........

O.K.- How do I go back to college when I'm not on lay-off, and still feed my family, and provide them with health coverage? Do I just quit and have no income at all? Maybe I should've said, if you don't like it find another job or career that you would like more. Should I vote no and if they shut the doors tell my family, "It's not always about the money. I know we can't pay all the bills, or get good medical care, or have the comforts in life we have now...." Hey, but at least my head would be held high........

All those that want to shut it down are holding their heads high alright. Trouble is they're holding the wrong heads!

(That thought came to me while I was raking the leaves).

All those that want to shut it down are holding their heads high alright. Trouble is they're holding the wrong heads!

(That thought came to me while I was raking the leaves).

At least I can still get my hands on my "wrong" head. Yours must be in the TM's office!

309 YRC Chicago

You only punt if you have faith in your defense to stop the opponent and get the ball back. Right now our defense is Hoffa and IBT. Throw the Hail Mary. The beating are not gonna stop. We are asked time and time again to save this company and then see work rules and the contract shredded before our eyes in committee, or the union just throws its hands up and says "they can do that". Plus bullcrap letters and constant harassment when all you want to do is go in do your job and go home with no drama. They can stick it in their ear.

Well said. Most of the Road drivers I talk to feel the same way. And the people who will disagree with this post do not work at YRC and must be really board.

I know this- I'm tired of this BS. I've looked for another job, but I haven't found one yet. I look at it this way- I make over 50k a year. I pay nothing for my family's medical. I get 31 days a year off when I count holiday pay. If I found something even remotely close to that I would've been gone by now. So for all of you banging the drum for them to close, just find another job already. I don't like this anymore than the rest of you, but a lot of you fail to understand one simple thing- THEY DON'T HAVE ANY PILE OF HIDDEN MONEY TO GIVE US!
DING! DING! DING! DING!
People we have a winner! The first A K Piece of SH to tell you "if you don't like it - quit!"
I was wondering who the first that was going to do that.
Looks like your not done swallowing yet.

I'll give you points for that one. I have no argument against that. That's why, once Yellow laid me off, when Roadway called me back- I quit, rather than work for Roadway. Yellow had 2 supervisors for our 200 door Indy Terminal. Roadway had a supervisor for every 4 doors. Not for me....

By all means please help some ignorant brothers out and tell us of this mystical job where the freight trash are treated like gold. Where would one inquire about employment at this magical place.

Private fleet hauling our own products- not in LTL!

The hiring process takes 4 months...

I have a new tractor, and a regular schedule. Our Management says email or call if you have a problem. Otherwise we communicate every three months or so. Just show up- meet the schedule, go home. Life is good!

Last edited by a moderator:
DING! DING! DING! DING!
People we have a winner! The first A K Piece of SH to tell you "if you don't like it - quit!"
I was wondering who the first that was going to do that.
Looks like your not done swallowing yet.

First- VERY intelligent post. Second, I hate these people. I hate working here. What am I doing about it? I'm looking for another job. Until I find one that is close in the area of pay and benefits that won't suck so much, I'd like to continue to collect a check and have medical for my family. The only swallowing I'm doing, is swallowing my pride until I can get out of this hellhole........:fingure:

First- VERY intelligent post. Second, I hate these people. I hate working here. What am I doing about it? I'm looking for another job. Until I find one that is close in the area of pay and benefits that won't suck so much, I'd like to continue to collect a check and have medical for my family. The only swallowing I'm doing, is swallowing my pride until I can get out of this hellhole........:fingure:
I'm just glad to know my no vote cancels your yes. Won't do much good otherwise.
To swallow your pride & give away what every other Teamster before you fought & some actually died for makes me sick.
The vague wording in that "more efficient" statement to me, means less workers doing more work.
So if your on the bottom third of your board voting "yes" might mean you lose your job & bennies anyway.

Losing a ton over 5 years that's true. Now help a computer illiterate by telling me how much I would "make" in that time. :confused:

Depends on your state. Unemployment is what $300-$400 week. Then when benefits run out and you can't get a job because you worked for a union company and are now "radioactive," you can either fake a disability or go on welfare. Welfare is something like $250/mo and SSI disability is $14,000/year.

Hope this helps! :)