Estes | extra board to linehaul?

over the top

TB Lurker
Credits
Quick question for you guys. I see openings in my area for extra board drivers mansfield ohio terminal, how long does it usually take to get a bid run in linehaul? Thinking about taking the dive but not a big fan of being gone 5 days a week. Any info is appreciated.

It really all depends on the terminal you run out of there really is no set time to look at. But being on extra board has it's good point's as well as the bad. I don't know what you are doing now but if you can make some decent mile's than you can make some pretty good money. I guess it all depends what you want to do. If you are near Mansfield than drop by and talk to the management or if you see some of the driver's than you will most likely get your best information. It's not a perfect job but to drive a truck for someone than the money is better than a truckload company. I hope this helps you maybe you will get some other's opinions.

Yeah any info helps thanks, i thought about talking to them about it im just afraid they will tell me what i wanna hear to get me in realed in. Thats why i thought i would get some real life info from some drivers

Ok so pretty much luck of the draw. Thanks
As I said before most of the time it really depends on the terminal and what is going on there. I ran extra board for a little over a year and then got a hub run but we just hired a guy about 4 months ago and he all ready has a scheduled return run because we added a run. But be aware just because you have a regular run doesn't mean that you will always have it if the run cancels for some reason then you could end back on extra board or whatever is available. Hope all this helps you.

Sure does help. I will take all of this into consideration. I work at a small truckload company now thats mot doin so well. Tryin to get my foot in the door an ltl. Gonna have to make a move in the coming months

Sure does help. I will take all of this into consideration. I work at a small truckload company now thats mot doin so well. Tryin to get my foot in the door an ltl. Gonna have to make a move in the coming months
If you can find an LTL carrier with at least a plus 50% positive review from drivers,I think you,ll be doing good.Im sure Estes and maybe a few others,more than fit that criteria.

Driver weather it is Estes or any other ltl company's most of the time ltl freight is where the money is to drive a truck look around mostly all are the same look at pay and benefits and what they have to offer all the way around and what works best for you. You know what works for you. Good luck in the hunt.

Go to glassdoor,com and see what the reviews are on Estes and you might think twice. I am glad I left after 13 plus years there. just saying.

Go to glassdoor,com and see what the reviews are on Estes and you might think twice. I am glad I left after 13 plus years there. just saying.
Sites like glassdoor are deceiving.If you have 5 employees and one is disgruntled and 4 are somewhat satisfied and content,you will have one bad review and no positive ones.Most people wont take the time to post a positive post but the one that is pissed certainly will.
I also feel this site is pretty fair and gives someone a decent outlook of what to expect.Most on here are company employees and not management,and have nothing to gain or lose giving our opinions of employers.

Thanks for all the replies, and i have looked at glassdoor. Ive looked at most companies in my area and they all have bad reviews. Thats why i came to this site. Seems like you said the money is close at all of them

I have a buddy that works at dayton frt he likes it there and makes plenty but i simply cannot get in. Most of these are rarely hiring. I have 7 yrs exp clean record and no luck. In this area there is estes,dayton,abf,fxf,saia and upsf lil farther away

Estes is the only one that is always hiring for extra board or combo. I figure theres a reason their hiring alot but im running out of options

I'm not sure just where you live the terminal's in between Mansfield are Columbus and West Middlesex Pa they are big break bulk terminal's so there is plenty of run's but also plenty of driver's there is different options with ltl but for most part the money is in linehaul. There is no perfect job in Trucking but you have to find the perfect fit for you and your family. But mostly at Estes if you do your job than you want have problems. But if you are close to Mansfield than go over and talk to some of the driver's out of that terminal and at least talk to the manager and see what kind of story he has to tell. But as I said this is where the money is but money want always make you happy. Good luck hope this helps.

Thanks for all the replies, and i have looked at glassdoor. Ive looked at most companies in my area and they all have bad reviews. Thats why i came to this site. Seems like you said the money is close at all of them

Pretty sad that there are alot with bad reviews, its the rating you want to look at, says alot. But when you say something bad about E on here everyone is out to get you. Well I just know what it was in the early 2000's and what it is now. Smaller terminals you will be better off working a dock, all the linehaul runs are at the Big terminals.

Everybody can have an opinion. Sounds like you had a bad experience so can i ask where you are now and where do you recommend a new guy to look into?

Quick question for you guys. I see openings in my area for extra board drivers mansfield ohio terminal, how long does it usually take to get a bid run in linehaul? Thinking about taking the dive but not a big fan of being gone 5 days a week. Any info is appreciated.
I've been extra for a while and I can tell you if it wasn't for rule changes and utility drivers jumping me in seniority runs being flipped, runs being switched to hub (with no dock time) and drivers transferring from other terminals I would have had a run a long time ago. As it stands now I probably have a few more years before I get a chance to have a run.

I've been extra for a while and I can tell you if it wasn't for rule changes and utility drivers jumping me in seniority runs being flipped, runs being switched to hub (with no dock time) and drivers transferring from other terminals I would have had a run a long time ago. As it stands now I probably have a few more years before I get a chance to have a run.
If they did away with category system is have a 500+ mile run with or without dock time. I have dock experience as well but won't start at the bottom in a different category I'd go down the street before I did that.