XPO | FAC and Terminal relocations

shadowchaser

TB Lurker
Credits
change is a very hard thing, and no one likes change, but change is a fact of life, I myself am affected by a closing terminal, am i happy?, No but all we can do is deal with it, and hope this is all for the better, time will tell, the part that sucks about the whole deal is the time frame we were given to make decisions.
A week is not alot of time to uproot ones life, personally I will be driving the extra distance, for now, will i always? who knows. to all the others out there affected by this I feel your pain brothers, when we look at the big picture of the state of the country in general it helps put things in perspective a bit, but it is still a bitter pill to swallow.
I have worked with alot of great people in the system, and hope to cross paths with them at another time, to those of you who know me,, (and you know who you are,LOL) it has been fun, good luck, and may we cross paths again my friends:popcorn:

Change is tough. Is it good ?... right now in my opinion it does not look favorable until we give it a try. Yea my friend nothing lasts forever except the good bonds of friendship... Who knows ... time is just another necessity in life ... or a necessary evil .... I know you get it ... you know how i tick ... An era has ended and we did some great things. We were good. We were ALL good ... cant argue that. The pencil pusher .... well you know how I feel about THAT ... Alot of us are going to feel the uncertainties of our future with new challenges on the horizon ... I have no doubt we will survive. All of us. Because we are the best of the best.

Good luck my friends :1036316054::rockon:

I was effected by this too , only I chose not to run 1/2 way accross the state to report to work . Remember the rule...late 1 minute 5 times and your gone ! now thats integrity for ya. So after many many many years I've no other choice but to call it quits for conway and find something closer to home. Best of luck to you all , I hope things work out for you the best.

I was effected by this too , only I chose not to run 1/2 way accross the state to report to work . Remember the rule...late 1 minute 5 times and your gone ! now thats integrity for ya. So after many many many years I've no other choice but to call it quits for conway and find something closer to home. Best of luck to you all , I hope things work out for you the best.

Goodluck, wish you and yours the best.

:hide: Our terminal just got rid of an I DON'T CARE FOS, who was replaced by a I DO CARE long time Con-Way employee. Change is good.
The whole dock operation has been poisened by this person for too long!
The NEW GUY actually cares about our Company, and looks upon his DSR'S as his helpers.
His terminal was closed, and thankfully Con-Way offered him a position.
He drives more than an hour each way to work, and is glad to do it.
I will not disclose my location, but, you know who you are, Thank You for your service, and your understanding of our operations!
Welcome Aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! longtimeltl.......:smilie_132:

It's human nature to resist change...most of us are creatures of habit, and don't like it when someone turns our routine upside down...my thoughts are with all of you as you deal with change and for those of you who have chosen to move on...

It's human nature to resist change...most of us are creatures of habit, and don't like it when someone turns our routine upside down...my thoughts are with all of you as you deal with change and for those of you who have chosen to move on...

very well put boxboss, you seem like a very level headed manager, always a pleasure reading your posts