XPO | FAC lays off,

All the part-timers should be laid off and replaced with full-time drivers. I don't like the fact that we are becoming like Wal-mart and only hiring part-timers. The only dockworkers we should have are fulltimers that are going through our driving schools to get there CDL's.

All the part-timers should be laid off and replaced with full-time drivers. I don't like the fact that we are becoming like Wal-mart and only hiring part-timers. The only dockworkers we should have are fulltimers that are going through our driving schools to get there CDL's.

Radman !!!! I am happy the two of us finally agree on something. I am serious about that!!!:clapping:

I have to agree with you radman. Our company outsources way too much...I wonder why the company doesn't feel like one big team anymore?

That is the problem with corporate america ... to many part time workers .. less benefit pay outs .. more money for the execs ... and everyone wonders why a part timer will tell you they dont give a sh*t when they are screwin something up ..

Tim the Terminator (regional mgr in sw/mid Ohio)stopped by our terminal recently and somewhat agreed with the idea of getting rid of temp employees. Said the majority of XCN temps were let go. I don't remember the exact number but it was something like a reduction from 26 to 6.

i think they should schudle the full timer better, no overtime... then worry about the partimers...!!!

Why shouldn't we have full-time dockworkers? Not everyone wants to drive. We had full-time dockworkers in the past and it worked out just fine.

sound like somebody need a union. don't you guy no that this is one reason that cw dump cf . they those us that they will never hire a full time dockwork. loose your cdl loose your job.

when are these people going to realize, that if you hire someone on as a company employee right off the bat and pay him well with bennies also they will have a sense of loyalty and pride. wake up

Why shouldn't we have full-time dockworkers? Not everyone wants to drive. We had full-time dockworkers in the past and it worked out just fine.

We should have full time dockworkers. They should all have CDL's and get paid the same as the rest of us. If you don't want to drive then don't drive but we should all be qualified to do it.

sound like somebody need a union. don't you guy no that this is one reason that cw dump cf . they those us that they will never hire a full time dockwork. loose your cdl loose your job.

Working for a trucking company, lose my CDL, lose my job. I don't see a problem with that. Who is responsible for a driver keeping his/her CDL?

We should have full time dockworkers. They should all have CDL's and get paid the same as the rest of us. If you don't want to drive then don't drive but we should all be qualified to do it.

But why should it be mandatory to have a CDL? Have a different rate of pay for non-CDL employees!

But why should it be mandatory to have a CDL? Have a different rate of pay for non-CDL employees!

Thats the problem I have with it. Dock workers do the same job as drivers but make LESS. Its not a problem right now but eventually there will not be a place for drivers on the dock. We will not be welcome or wanted out there because there will be crews of dock workers that have replaced us. No more making a little extra money by coming in early or staying a little late to help out on the dock. We will cost to much to work at anything other than driving.