FACT SHEET: President Biden Announces Historic Relief to Protect Hard-Earned Pensions of Hundreds of Thousands of Union Workers and Retirees

I don't hate the Teamsters or any other union. They are necessary to balance runaway capitalism.
I am very frustrated that a union, in response to the demands of the membership, refuses to change with the times. Everyone deserves to get paid for the work they do, but to expect a company to compete in today's economy with the work rules and classification system of the 70s is unreasonable. Defined benefit pensions are unsustainable. The 401K with matching benefits is both less expensive for the employer but more responsive to each employees' individual needs. The only problem with the 401K is getting people to take responsibility for their future. It's not the job of employers to babysit their adult employees. The union does not represent its members by refusing to lead. Union officers need to be the leaders they are paid to be and educate members on the reality of deregulated trucking.
I have a really great idea.
Let's invest in companies that give no sick days, no vacation pay, no health insurance, no pensions, and require unlimited hours for no pay. And if a facility refuses to do it the company ships the facility over the border and gets to ship the junk back here.
That'll be a great investment.
And when that starts paying, all of the companies will do it and we'll all get to retire very young and very wealthy.
What a great plan.

Except we will be working at the companies cutting all that stuff for profits. And we'll die on the job and never get to cash in.

Since 1957, the average annual return has been around 8% to 11%, depending on the source. The average annual return for the last 10 years, from 2012 to 2021, has been around 12% to 15%, depending on the source.

You are clueless. Look at the facts above. A few dollars invested in an index fund yields a 10 year average return of 12-15% each year. Inesting is not a get rich quick scheme. It's all about invest and forget. I grew up in a little town on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I wasn't born wealthy and had a blue collar job driving a truck. Anybody can be a millionaire if you simply invest a little out of each paycheck. A 401K with a match automatically earns 100% on your investment. Nobody can take it away. It's yours and yours to leave to your children.

Last edited:
Since 1957, the average annual return has been around 8% to 11%, depending on the source123. The average annual return for the last 10 years, from 2012 to 2021, has been around 12% to 15%, depending on the source.

Y
If you are to be boss and collect profits....there should be knowledge and responsibility.
I see it as people who wanted to own the world...and didn't care about America over profits...came up with a scheme...to get people to put lots of money in...and get a little back.
While the schemers didn't have to buy the whole company...they only had to buy so much to control it.
In so doing...a pot gets built.the schemers control the pot..a bunch goes to politicians....and the employees as well as the politicians are reliant on anything that the schemers want to do. And own the country.

Yes...the glass is half empty.

Our country has been sold out by 401k money.
For your cut.....now you want tax funded healthcare....and who do you think will run that?
The same schemers.

If you are to be boss and collect profits....there should be knowledge and responsibility.
I see it as people who wanted to own the world...and didn't care about America over profits...came up with a scheme...to get people to put lots of money in...and get a little back.
While the schemers didn't have to buy the whole company...they only had to buy so much to control it.
In so doing...a pot gets built.the schemers control the pot..a bunch goes to politicians....and the employees as well as the politicians are reliant on anything that the schemers want to do. And own the country.

Yes...the glass is half empty.

Our country has been sold out by 401k money.
For your cut.....now you want tax funded healthcare....and who do you think will run that?
The same schemers.
As always, rambling nonsense.
It's you who wants to do away with bankers and the Federal Reserve. Do you know that the Constitution gives congress the power to run the banking system? Do you want that?
Insurance companies, corporations that you hate, now run healthcare. Insurance companies take 30% of every healthcare dollar and provide NO care.
You should stop talking about stocks, 401Ks, and business in general. You know nothing. There is transparency in corporations. Everything they do is filed, in one form or another, with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Tax returns are filed. Annual shareholder meetings and reports go every owner. Responsibility, by law corporations are responsible to the owner/shareholder. As an employee, the employer owes you nothing but the agreed upon compensation, nothing more.

As always, rambling nonsense.
It's you who wants to do away with bankers and the Federal Reserve. Do you know that the Constitution gives congress the power to run the banking system? Do you want that?
Insurance companies, corporations that you hate, now run healthcare. Insurance companies take 30% of every healthcare dollar and provide NO care.
You should stop talking about stocks, 401Ks, and business in general. You know nothing. There is transparency in corporations. Everything they do is filed, in one form or another, with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Tax returns are filed. Annual shareholder meetings and reports go every owner. Responsibility, by law corporations are responsible to the owner/shareholder. As an employee, the employer owes you nothing but the agreed upon compensation, nothing more.
What percent do you think the government would take if they paid healthcare?
And how much would medical expenses covered by the government healthcare skyrocket?

You like deregulation.
But if the government was the entity insuring...
What stops the cost of medical expenses from skyrocketing?

I think we've already seen the power of Obamacare encouraging corporate hospitals using up all the little guys and building like never before.
Why?
Because government mandate means an unlimited supply of money coming their way.
And then we saw their power in Covid....mandated vaccines and masks and tests etc.
Medical products.

Do you want the medical profession to be hired by the state next?

Last edited:
What percent do you think the government would take if they paid healthcare?
And how much would medical expenses covered by the government healthcare skyrocket?

You like deregulation.
But if the government was the entity insuring...
What stops the cost of medical expenses from skyrocketing?

I think we've already seen the power of Obamacare encouraging corporate hospitals using up all the little guys and building like never before.
Why?
Because government mandate means an unlimited supply of money coming their way.
And then we saw their power in WuFlu....mandated vaccines and masks and tests etc.
Medical products.

Do you want the medical profession to be hired by the state next?
Government already insures 75% of the population. Medicare, Medicaid, Veterans Administration, federal, state and local government employees and military.

Government already insures 75% of the population. Medicare, Medicaid, Veterans Administration, federal, state and local government employees and military.
I think you're stretching it.
This says 35% in 2021.
You more than doubled it.

• In 2021, private health insurance coverage continued to be more prevalent than public coverage, at 66.0 percent and 35.7 percent, respectively.
  • Of the subtypes of health insurance coverage, employer-based insurance was the most common, covering 54.3 percent of the population for some or all of the calendar year, followed by Medicaid (18.9 percent), Medicare (18.4 percent), direct-purchase coverage (10.2 percent), TRICARE (2.5 percent), and VA and CHAMPVA coverage (1.0 percent).
  • Overall, public coverage increased between 2020 and 2021. In 2021, 35.7 percent of people held public coverage for some or all of the year, marking a 1.2 percentage-point increase from 2020.
  • Between 2020 and 2021, the rate of Medicaid coverage increased by 0.9 percentage points to cover 18.9 percent of people.

It says 66% were privately insured.
I'm sure different sites use different numbers to count who is and who is not a government employee. Let's go with your numbers.
How much of the health care dollar goes to insurance companies that provide NO care.
How much does it cost healthcare providers to bill all those different carriers. Those people provide NO care.
Most of the world has no insurance. They have healthcare. Yes, healthcare provided by government owned and operated hospitals.

I'm sure different sites use different numbers to count who is and who is not a government employee. Let's go with your numbers.
How much of the health care dollar goes to insurance companies that provide NO care.
How much does it cost healthcare providers to bill all those different carriers. Those people provide NO care.
Most of the world has no insurance. They have healthcare. Yes, healthcare provided by government owned and operated hospitals.
How many government bureaucracy jobs will replace the private sector jobs...and how much tax money will it cost a budget which is over $30 trillion in debt?

You're out of your mind.
And what about the trillions of dollars the corporate hospitals borrowed and spent to build and buy up all the little guys?
So all healthcare workers will be public sector unions ? You know that'll happen...
What about the competition you love to rub in union freights face every day? No competition?
How cheap will that be?

All you business minded guys will wish every employer paid $12/hour for Teamster health insurance once the tax bills start increasing under your idea. They'll wish they paid $20 extra/ hour.
That'll be like school taxes except taken right out of everybody's check. There'll be nothing left of a paycheck.
Maybe you should think about becoming a citizen of China. Then you'll get free healthcare....but maybe you'll get to experience what it's like to work like the people you might invest in. They might make ya work until you're 90.

Last edited:
You're out of your mind.
And what about the trillions of dollars the corporate hospitals borrowed and spent to build and buy up all the little guys?
So all healthcare workers will be public sector unions ? You know that'll happen...
What about the competition you love to rub in union freights face every day? No competition?
How cheap will that be?

All you business minded guys will wish every employer paid $12/hour for Teamster health insurance once the tax bills start increasing under your idea. They'll wish they paid $20 extra/ hour.
That'll be like school taxes except taken right out of everybody's check. There'll be nothing left of a paycheck.
Maybe you should think about becoming a citizen of China. Then you'll get free healthcare....but maybe you'll get to experience what it's like to work like the people you might invest in. They might make ya work until you're 90.
I AM a free market capitalist and make no apologies for that. Healthcare is NOT a free market purchase. Who decides you need your gallbladder out? Not you, the guy who will be paid to remove it decides. Did you ever see a menu or price list at a hospital or doctor's office? Do you choose your providers or does the insurance network tell you which doctors and hospitals you can use?
If buying a car was like healthcare, the salesman would decide which car you should have and you would not know what it cost for three months after you took it home.

I AM a free market capitalist and make no apologies for that. Healthcare is NOT a free market purchase. Who decides you need your gallbladder out? Not you, the guy who will be paid to remove it decides. Did you ever see a menu or price list at a hospital or doctor's office? Do you choose your providers or does the insurance network tell you which doctors and hospitals you can use?
If buying a car was like healthcare, the salesman would decide which car you should have and you would not know what it cost for three months after you took it home.
Go and tell them you have no insurance. They'll give you a price, I'm sure.

We have discussed this before, all you have to do is ask for a price, they do have a list of charges.....this is from my medical coder wife... and nope, you decide if you want your gallbladder out, the doctor just recommends it....but the choice is still yours.....just like a mechanic tells you you need tires, still your choice to replace them or not.....