FACT SHEET: President Biden Announces Historic Relief to Protect Hard-Earned Pensions of Hundreds of Thousands of Union Workers and Retirees

I grew up in a little town on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I wasn't born wealthy and had a blue collar job driving a truck. Anybody can be a millionaire if you simply invest a little out of each paycheck.
Collecting three quarters of a million dollars in pension checks certainly didn't hurt in getting wealthy? Or screwing all your creditors with a bankruptcy helped too, didn't it? So before you preach your self made crap, remember those two things....

Collecting three quarters of a million dollars in pension checks certainly didn't hurt in getting wealthy? Or screwing all your creditors with a bankruptcy helped too, didn't it? So before you preach your self made crap, remember those two things....
THESE PEOPLE ALSO FILED BANKRUPTCY

Walt Disney
Jerry Lewis
Thomas Jefferson
Larry King
Burt Reynolds
Wayne Newton
Tammy Wynette
Mickey Rooney
Michael Jackson
Henry Ford

Can you define wealthy?
I never made more than $60,000 a year driving. What we have required planning, discipline, investing and saving. The pension? Nobody ever got rich off $42,000.00 a year. You are correct about one thing. The pension was extra money that we did not need to pay bills. It's all about the plan. the plan was always to be debt free at 55 and retire. Getting there required the discipline to save, invest and live below our means. We did that by never spending my wife's paycheck. We did that in 22 years. Bankruptcy was 1982 and retirement was 2004.

Walt Disney Cyndi Lauper
Dave Ramsey Jerry Lewis
Thomas Jefferson Abe Lincoln
Larry King Johnny Unitas THESE PEOPLE ALSO FILED BANKRUPTCY
Burt Reynolds P.T. Barnum
Wayne Newton Henry Ford
Tammy Wynette Ulysses Grant
Mickey Rooney Michael Jackson

Can you define wealthy?
I never made more than $60,000 a year driving. What we have required planning, discipline, investing and saving. The pension? Nobody ever got rich off $42,000.00 a year. You are correct about one thing. The pension was extra money that we did not need to pay bills. It's all about the plan. the plan was always to be debt free at 55 and retire. Getting there required the discipline to save, invest and live below our means. We did that by never spending my wife's paycheck. We did that in 22 years. Bankruptcy was 1982 and retirement was 2004.
And now you expect every employer working for an employer that you invest in to work like in the Great Depression.
No thanks.
Go back to work.

We have discussed this before, all you have to do is ask for a price, they do have a list of charges.....this is from my medical coder wife... and nope, you decide if you want your gallbladder out, the doctor just recommends it....but the choice is still yours.....just like a mechanic tells you you need tires, still your choice to replace them or not.....
And I certainly choose my doctors, I don't use the VA for anything.

THESE PEOPLE ALSO FILED BANKRUPTCY

Walt Disney
Jerry Lewis
Thomas Jefferson
Larry King
Burt Reynolds
Wayne Newton
Tammy Wynette
Mickey Rooney
Michael Jackson
Henry Ford
So what? I don't care that they did....I don't know that any of these people get on TB boasting of wealth and telling everyone how smart they are financially ...

Get your facts straight. Deregulation began with the Surface Transportation Act of 1980. That was Jimmy Carter. Reagan became President on January 20, 1981
Carter signed the Motor Carrier Act of 1980 on July 1st 1980, both introduced in the House and Senate by Democrats.