Falcon Transport Ohio

Joseph1135

TB Veteran
Credits
As of 8 pm eastern, Falcon has closed their doors with trucks on the road.
bJuZNyg.jpg

not suprised, theyve been running on fumes for years, no one will work for their garbage rates hauling steel, and their auto parts division centered around the lordstown plant that shut down.

oh well, all their steel guys can go over to pi&i, and their van drivers could go to nick strimbu...both would be a significant raise...

"please top what you a re doing immediatley"

ok, empty out truck, take taxi to airport, fly home.......

let them find thier equipment.

they are out of business..?? that means, that they cannot DAC anyone......i know, i been thru that crap myself, years ago...

I went through something similar with Merit out of Omaha. Well kinda. I saw the signs. I got out and they did this at 5 pm on Friday, August 20th, 2008. A year to the day I left.
You made a good decision to get off the ship before it sank.
I have a relative who worked many years for a company that was sold. They told her they needed her to stay on & help the company grow. She was loyal & believed the new owners. After she got everything running smooth & trained the younger workers they let her go. Her former supervisor got out of Dodge when the company was sold & offered her a job with the company he went to work for. She regrets being so gullible.

Last edited:
You made a good decision to get off the ship before it sank.
I have a relative who worked many years for a company that was sold. They told her they needed her to stay on & help the company grow. She was loyal & believed the new owners. After she got everything running smooth & trained the younger workers they let her go. Her former supervisor got out of Dodge when the company was sold & offered her a job with the company he went to work for. She regrets being so gullible.
i think many times, some people are as loyal as the family dog, to the very end..

i was that way when i was younger, and got hurt and burnt really badlly..

this was in the days of my wrenching career....

i worked day and night and many times both weekend days, to get work done.

i was "promised" that since i was so damned good and helped the business as much as i was doing, that i would be rememebred come time for the owner to retire...

i stayed, and found out through others, he was selling theplace, and NEVEAR gave me the opportunity to work out financing, as my current home, which was the very same home my parents owned back then, had a HUGE value to it, and i could have easliy bought the business....

SOB sold it out form under me, after all i had done for him over the years....

i swore, vowed to myself, to NEVER, EVER BE AS LOYAL TO ANY MORE EMPLOYERS, for the rest of my life, and dammit....i never was.......

you put in so much of YOUR LIFE into a career/job, and getting shafeted wakes you up to all realities, that people (in general) suck, and ARE NOT to be trusted......

i did well for myself in later years, after that HUGE let down.....from someone that i had believved in.....

Wondering how many Drivers kept going or dropped trailers to get close to their Homes or Vehicles?
I know what I would have done dropped and gone But they shut off the fuel cards. Then i guess it would have been a rental car or bus ride home good luck with your truck

There’s gonna be a number of these as the market tightens. Word of another Midwestern company went out as well (not Williams, a dry box carrier in Indiana). Obviously the companies are the issue when this happens, but drivers, once again, are their own worst enemy. No back up plan. They’re stranded on the road with no money to get home. Sorry but you need to plan for everything. An emergency credit card or an emergency stash of cash should be as important as gloves, flashlight, atlas, warm clothes, etc. You don’t ever rely on the company to do the right thing.

I’ve been out here 20 years. It’s not a very long time, but long enough to educate myself about the business. I know what to watch for, and I know when to pack up or when to stick it out. I know how these companies operate and can see when bad decisions trump good ones.