ODFL | FAQ's

Also noticed there is a form that P&D Driver to sign in California.What's up with the rule.I do know OD had to pay out Big Money on a Lawsuit that several P&D Driver's start'd&become a Class Action suit
Heard that also, heard that many of the drivers no longer work for OD.
Just keep doing what we are suppose to do and things will be OK. Remember the Open Door Policy, if you do not like the answer given at the home front move up the ladder, may even have to go to the top.

Depends on where you are for the second question. As a whole we are up, but I know certain centers are not.
Thank You, it seems LTL has picked up in the Q4 for just about everyone, good sign the economy is staring to really get going, freight rates up, freight levels picking up, shortage of Drivers etc. I know one LTL company that lost some of its Contract Carriers that they used because they could haul freight now that paid more than the LTL company would pay them.

Thank You, it seems LTL has picked up in the Q4 for just about everyone, good sign the economy is staring to really get going, freight rates up, freight levels picking up, shortage of Drivers etc. I know one LTL company that lost some of its Contract Carriers that they used because they could haul freight now that paid more than the LTL company would pay them.
It's been a very odd year. The election certainly played a role in what we saw, but a 4th quarter surge isn't typical. I'm hoping that pricing doesn't go crazy in early 2017 and that we have steady growth.

Please don't say driver shortage. Say pay and benefit shortage. Thx

I should be starting soon Linehauling, im in the hiring process now. Just wondering if they require Linehaulers to wear uniforms? Also what does OD govern the top speed on the tractors?

I should be starting soon Linehauling, im in the hiring process now. Just wondering if they require Linehaulers to wear uniforms? Also what does OD govern the top speed on the tractors?

No on the uniforms, voluntary only. Speed is governed at 64 except turned up units for long runs 68 or 70, varies terminal to terminal. Don't worry about how fast you go, that's for supertruckers. You make twice what they do now, sit back and enjoy the ride.