ODFL | FAQ's

Where would you look to find job openings say in Arkansas(Little Rock area). and do line haul guys have to work the dock like they do at Con-way and Fedex Freight? I have been with Fedex Freight for over 19yrs, 15yrs driving. Trying to get some information so in case I lose my job(outsourcing to 3rd party). Thanks.

Welcome.Go to www.odfl.com and see if they have openings in the terminals you are interested in.If you're close enough go by the terminal,main thing is get an app in.The terminal I worked at NO road drivers came on the dock.

Got a couple questions. My father and I used to work for Estes and were looking at a move to ODFL. Much better company I hear! I've made friends with the dispatch manager at the Charlotte terminal but they only have 1 opening and thats for local, but a driver from colorado transferred. Now we are looking at the Greensboro terminal, and the dispatch manager has put in a reference for us. Questions are 1) How does the team system work? Pay? Time on the road? 2) Solo's, same questions? Would love out and backs but dont mind 3 or 4 days out. Don't wanna be gone all week but gotta do what we gotta do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Be safe out there guys.

I'm retired and long gone from OD so anything I tell you would be out of date.Check back here later or go to the company website for info.If you're not far from the terminal maybe you can talk to the line haul super.Winter and bad weather are not that far off in some places so now is the time to get a app in.

Ok, just noticed the fact thread. Each terminal is different. Wild/extra depends on terminal location, GBO or other larger hub has the most team operations. Not avoiding answers, it just varies greatly on region and locations needs.
Got a couple questions. My father and I used to work for Estes and were looking at a move to ODFL. Much better company I hear! I've made friends with the dispatch manager at the Charlotte terminal but they only have 1 opening and thats for local, but a driver from colorado transferred. Now we are looking at the Greensboro terminal, and the dispatch manager has put in a reference for us. Questions are 1) How does the team system work? Pay? Time on the road? 2) Solo's, same questions? Would love out and backs but dont mind 3 or 4 days out. Don't wanna be gone all week but gotta do what we gotta do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Be safe out there guys.

I start orientation tomorrow morning at 9. What should I expect? How many days in a classroom watching films? Hired in as linehaul so how many days before I see a truck. I know I should've asked sooner but better late than never I guess. I'll check back in the morning.

I start orientation tomorrow morning at 9. What should I expect? How many days in a classroom watching films? Hired in as linehaul so how many days before I see a truck. I know I should've asked sooner but better late than never I guess. I'll check back in the morning.

Aren't you starting in ATL? If so, you'll probably be in a truck tomorrow, ride Monday and Tuesday with another driver (get paid for running the trip as if you were solo) and be on your own Wednesday. No watching movies, you'll have a little paperwork to do when you get there but that's it.

Well, it might have changed since 06, little terminal. Stared on a Tuesday afternoon, due to only night line hauls and staying under 14hrs. Completed last of paperwork, got keys, fuel card, watch films for couple hours, then ride along, same film watching second day and ride along, 3rd finished films and drove with driver I was riding with. Paid hourly for time all 3 days. Regular rate. 4th day assigned truck and went wild for 3 days. 34rd in SAC. Ran another 6 runs and came home for couple days. Reassessed gear/items needed. Hired on to run wild and stay out.

Oh crap, another one of those funny talking people.:Poke:
Aren't you starting in ATL? If so, you'll probably be in a truck tomorrow, ride Monday and Tuesday with another driver (get paid for running the trip as if you were solo) and be on your own Wednesday. No watching movies, you'll have a little paperwork to do when you get there but that's it.

Memphis. Preciate it fellas. Off I go