ODFL | FAQ's

Not to say that they shouldn't pay overtime after 8, I think they should. I think the exemption for truck drivers should be lifted. If you work the long hours we work and are not a road driver, you should get overtime for your efforts.

Im going into Buffalo NY to fill out my application. I was told that thier Line Haul pays .5798 cents per mile. Is this the starting pay rate? If not, do they make exceptions for drivers that have lots of experience? does anybody know how many miles this center averages per week?

I just accepted employment offer out of Buffalo NY Terminal. Very EXITED. I was told that thier Canada runs pay hourly rate at $23.93. does anyone know the average hours per day they work?

Welcome aboard JRODNY I don't have any real insight on how many hours you'll work but to guess Figure run time to Toronto , time it takes to clear customs,yard time and reentry and you'll have a pretty good idea..

I just accepted employment offer out of Buffalo NY Terminal. Very EXITED. I was told that thier Canada runs pay hourly rate at $23.93. does anyone know the average hours per day they work?
If your talking Canadian drivers, we can drive 13 hours a day, work 1 hour. 14 hours daily.

From Buffalo, you would be running to Speedy Transport's yard in Brampton which is why it's hourly. Anywhere between 8-10 hour day depending on the border. Speedy should have your trailers ready to avoid waiting, but I don't know for sure.

:shift:Explanation of PD driver lunch break policy needed, please. Does corp require us to take lunch break or can we skip it if too busy to stop? Thanks!
None.If you run within a 100 mile area&you don't work over 12 hour's you are not required to take a 30 min break.But,OD going to take out 30 minutes for lunch.So that being said I alway's stop before my 8th hour & get my break.They can kiss my rear over that one.I dare my dispatcher's to say a frek'n thing.I alway's tell them I'm going to eat.They have got a little crappy&have took pick-up's away from me because I would miss there closing time's.O'well..

None.If you run within a 100 mile area&you don't work over 12 hour's you are not required to take a 30 min break.But,OD going to take out 30 minutes for lunch.So that being said I alway's stop before my 8th hour & get my break.They can kiss my rear over that one.I dare my dispatcher's to say a frek'n thing.I alway's tell them I'm going to eat.They have got a little crappy&have took pick-up's away from me because I would miss there closing time's.O'well..
Come on Ken we know you don't miss a pick up...you got your customers on speed dial bud.:stirthepot::wee:

Come on Ken we know you don't miss a pick up...you got your customers on speed dial bud.:stirthepot::wee:
Know,I just got tired of them running me to death.I don't have a route.I run wild.I alway's come back in around 11 am for a second load out with multiple stop's&they got where they were sending me pick-up before I could get my del's off.Well,they don't do it now.If they do send them they are late closure's.I've learn'd you got to stop it in the bud or they will just keep on putting it to you.Have a friend that run's out of another OD term.He tell's me he never takes lunch.He doesn't have time.That's bull!! I will make time& I will get my lunch has long has they take 30 min a day out of my check every day.:1036316054:

Thanks. That's what I thought. I usually end up taking it on the back end, if at all, before I head in. Sometimes I miss two lunch breaks or more per week. If they have to take a pick up away because of missed closing time, they'll send me back out on a trailer drop which is at least a three hour turn around and starts pushes too close to hours limit. It shouldn't be legal for OD to take away 30 minutes when a driver didn't take a lunch. Oh well, guess I gotta play the game.

:disillusionment::dispirited::cheerful:
Know,I just got tired of them running me to death.I don't have a route.I run wild.I alway's come back in around 11 am for a second load out with multiple stop's&they got where they were sending me pick-up before I could get my del's off.Well,they don't do it now.If they do send them they are late closure's.I've learn'd you got to stop it in the bud or they will just keep on putting it to you.Have a friend that run's out of another OD term.He tell's me he never takes lunch.He doesn't have time.That's bull!! I will make time& I will get my lunch has long has they take 30 min a day out of my check every day.:1036316054:
I get too caught up in getting the freight to my customers and getting their pick ups. Then I realized I was giving OD 2 1/2 hours a week free labor. That adds up over a decade of being with the company. But, old habits die hard and I shouldn't have set that standard. They expect it from me now. They send me out with 12-16 actual stops and hit me with 5-6 picks everyday. Can't even pee when I need to. Lol :tr10driving03:. But, good pay, plenty of work, good bennies so don't want to complain too much. :27:

In California the 1/2hr break is mandatory in P&D.
Reference new Drivers Handbook.
Also noticed there is a form that P&D Driver to sign in California.What's up with the rule.I do know OD had to pay out Big Money on a Lawsuit that several P&D Driver's start'd&become a Class Action suit