ODFL | Fat drivers

gocubbies

TB Lurker
Credits
OD dock workers are treated like dirt, while you lazy drivers are treated like gold. You overweight lazy turds should have to work the dock and put up with the bs we have to, until you shed some lbs.

I really dont know where that came from..Maybe you are talking about road drivers maybe? P anD d drivers put with alot off stress and hard work...You need to try it from my side sometime and see what its like to leave late and have alot to del and pick up.I can tell you im alot of things but fat isnt one of them.I bet if you were to try P and D for one week you would be glad to get back on that dock.Sorry you feel the way you do about od and working on the dock but drivers .. Weather its P and D or Road drivers, Dock workers ,Office help,ect make this all happen everyday to make 2.0 service happen .So Cowboy up ! and be part of the team.

I posted from your other post"Lazy Driver"..I believe you need to take a trip with the P&D & linehaul driver's.Then you come back on here..I believe you need to take a ride through the mountain road's&down with a max'd out load then we will ask you how did you like that.Also,P&D everyday backing &driving into tight area's allday&dealing with people like you then you will see different..Now go back to playing there JR..Like I said you if you don't like it leave then.OD doesn't need bad attitude's like that.
OD dock workers are treated like dirt, while you lazy drivers are treated like gold. You overweight lazy turds should have to work the dock and put up with the bs we have to, until you shed some lbs.

So sad, maybe you would like to try linehaul and have them to send you out on the Island, Cross Bronx or the BQE during the morning or evening commute, I will assure you that after doing so you won't be so quick to throw stones.

Nobody is forced to work @ odfl. The door swings both ways. If one sets his mind on Almighty God giving him another day and gave His Son as the path to eternity in heaven demonstrating His endless love & mercy, he would have a skip in his step, smile on his face, and would complain very little.

I notice city drivers go out on the dock and just cry and complain about everything under the sun for the dock workers. It's not a great job to enjoy, you boys on the lifts freeze your butts off this time of year and then have to listen to someone tell how dumb you are because you loaded something the other way like you run the route daily and should've known better.

Some drivers need to knock that chip off their shoulder and give these guys a break. I wouldn't want to be out there all night breaking pups and cans that looked like they've gone through a tumble cycle. I respect you dock workers and will give you tips about pallets you put on trucks such as not being able to put a pallet jack in some of the stuff, but that's about it. We're getting paid by the hour, if they tore a skid down to fit it on your truck, just use your arms and unload it box by box. Don't take much to look productive without killing yourself around here.

I would like to remind those than have een in the industry for more than 10-15 years please remind this dock worker what is was like with a pup load of hallmark cards .I have no love of working in the cold all night. I have been a inbound dock worker with six guys one forklift and two pallet jacks working 12 plus hour shifts on sundays, i have worked outbound where I was the ONLY outbound dock worker. I am now a city P&D but can still sling the freight as well. The only thing i can complain about with the dock is the stupid computers you have to deal with. You have more pallet jacks ,handcarts and forklifts than ever before and 90 plus percent of the freight is palletized.

You overweight lazy turds should have to work the dock and put up with the bs we have to, until you shed some lbs.

Hmm? I weigh 140 lbs and Im in pretty good physical shape. Im good, thanks for the concern for my health though. Have a nice day. :15:

Ive been driving for 15 years now and i will have you know that i am a linehaul driver that started out working the dock for southeastern,averitt,roadway,con-way so before you accuse all of us of being lazy turds, there is a progression in this industry, a pecking order if you will. I know exactly what it means to unload a trailer load full of rugs or tires by hand all the way down the dock, to stand behind a forklift exhaust to try to warm my hands up so just do your time and pay your dues until you get your license and you too can be a fat lazy turd but until then keep moving that freight.