XPO | Fatal Accident New York I-86

I'm sad for the family. It's a horrible accident. I have a 478 mile r/t line run for Con-Way in the Northwest. We lost an FOS in January because of the pressure of GOING FASTER! 14+ hours a day!!! They put way too much pressure on their employees. I hope this is the last fatal accident Con-way has. Unfortunately I doubt it. Not until they come up with a better business plan.

I need to change, this company won't.

God Bless all of you.

[quote author=TiredDvrsWife link=topic=81260.msg838789#msg838789 date=1276964525]
May the Lord keep you safe Driver and wrap His hands around your family. God Speed.
[/quote] I worked with Pete I. and his father Tom I. They are both great men!!! Tom came up on the scene of the wreck. I could not amagine what he went through there. Pete will be missed by myself and everybody he knew. Running out to XMI will never be the same. R.I.P my friend!!! May the Lord bless him, his wife and his young daughters, a long with his mom and dad.

I don't know for sure if the new 70 hour logs had anything to do with this or not, but I'm thinking it did. I don't like this rule. Sure people can run 5 longs now were as before they couldn't. But, you have drivers taking their hour break on the way to the FAC! This is NOT what the change was for people. Drivers are getting to the FACs later causing us to have longer hours!! I just hope and pray that they do away with this crap before ANYBODY else gets hurt!!!!!

That 70 hours in 5 days is a hard run to do, especially if you have to use the 16 one day a week. It's one reason I worry so much.

My heart breaks for the father, seeing the truck like that and knowing his son was inside. Very heartbreaking.

[quote author=magicman1966 link=topic=81260.msg838801#msg838801 date=1276967234]
[quote author=TiredDvrsWife link=topic=81260.msg838789#msg838789 date=1276964525]
May the Lord keep you safe Driver and wrap His hands around your family. God Speed.
[/quote] I worked with Pete I. and his father Tom I. They are both great men!!! Tom came up on the scene of the wreck. I could not amagine what he went through there. Pete will be missed by myself and everybody he knew. Running out to XMI will never be the same. R.I.P my friend!!! May the Lord bless him, his wife and his young daughters, a long with his mom and dad.

I don't know for sure if the new 70 hour logs had anything to do with this or not, but I'm thinking it did. I don't like this rule. Sure people can run 5 longs now were as before they couldn't. But, you have drivers taking their hour break on the way to the FAC! This is NOT what the change was for people. Drivers are getting to the FACs later causing us to have longer hours!! I just hope and pray that they do away with this crap before ANYBODY else gets hurt!!!!!
[/quote]

Condolences to the family & friends from the Truckingboards family