Favorite Truck

When it comes to favorite trucks, its like music, just too hard to choose just one. This is one of many I really really like a lot.

A salute to the CITY Drivers

You guys are the best, not much relaxing for you, always something to watch out for, backing blindly, dealing with jerks all day long.
Cheers :guiness:

If I won the lottery, these trucks would be sitting in my 20,000 square-foot garage.

hyha7e5y.jpg
gesymyqu.jpg
zujuqu6e.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

if i hit the lottery, not only would NONE of those trucks be siting in MY 20,000 square foot garage, but neither will my CDL still be in my wallet...!!!

it goes back to the DMV faster than you can say......(insert saying here).....

i'll equip MY 20,000+ square foot garage with all the tools and equipment of a mechanic/body shop (including a spray booth), and have at it restoring old cars and building hot rods and rat rods, and such..

time MUCH better spent to me......

Hey!

Dusty created a dream thread for this stuff.

if i hit the lottery, not only would NONE of those trucks be siting in MY 20,000 square foot garage, but neither will my CDL still be in my wallet...!!!

it goes back to the DMV faster than you can say......(insert saying here).....

i'll equip MY 20,000+ square foot garage with all the tools and equipment of a mechanic/body shop (including a spray booth), and have at it restoring old cars and building hot rods and rat rods, and such..

time MUCH better spent to me......

Stop being a sour puss. Lol

If I won the lottery, these trucks would be sitting in my 20,000 square-foot garage.

hyha7e5y.jpg
gesymyqu.jpg
zujuqu6e.jpg

If those were sitting in your garage... you'd have a lot of arm candy too....
Emoticon_babando.gif

When it comes to favorite trucks, its like music, just too hard to choose just one. This is one of many I really really like a lot.

You know, I really like this one too... if only because with a truck like that I couldn't chain up.. LOL

Favorite truck?? I been doing this since 1978 and have yet to find my favorite truck. Whenever I get to that truck I will gladly post it here. Till then I'm still looking for that last truck I have to drive.

Beautiful!! I love that clean look, if it were mine I would do it in green, favorite color, or black, because black trucks look awesome, just look at Monstro.

Here is the flat back twin screw,I had to drive in the city.
Overnite management were not to bright matching them with their pups.

file0049.jpg

You guys are the best, not much relaxing for you, always something to watch out for, backing blindly, dealing with jerks all day long.
Cheers :guiness:
I look at all these monster tractors being posted, and my first thought is a 28' trailer hooked to them and peddling freight in downtown Albuquerque.

Just for you Wild Chick! A while back I promised some interior shots on Monstro. Well I still haven't shot any, but here is a shot of the inside of Monstro's big brother, my first Volvo. Plenty of room, the lower bunk makes into a table with bench seating, much like in a camp trailer or motorhome. There is a generous sized closet on the passenger side with room for a decent sized TV above, and storage above that. On the driver's side there is a refrigerator/freezer, a space for the microwave, and again, storage.

In this truck (and in all 3 Volvo rigs I have been in) I built a shelf above the seat on the passenger side for the toaster, a thing that makes hot water, and the printer/scanner/copier. You can see the shelf in this photo. A ladder stows to the left in the picture, and folds out for easy access to the upper bunk. For a while I used the upper bunk as a storage area, keeping a bicycle and other stuff up there, and made the lower bunk into a bed every night. After a while I got tired of the daily bed making routine and left the bike at home and started using the upper bunk full time, leaving the table set up.

The only real difference between this interior and Monstro's insides are Monstro has a much nicer color scheme and materials. Monstro has a brown/tan scheme with black and dark grey dash.

11669398176_9f0113cd97_b.jpg

And for you Grocerythrower, some shots of Monstro's big brother from the day I moved into him many years ago.

11669373926_abf47a8b78_b.jpg

11669349956_61a215cf60_b.jpg

11668900674_be3ac8cb0e_b.jpg

I liked the blue color better, and the power that this truck had was way better (a Cummins ISX 550), but he had been rode hard and put away wet before I got him. Notice the bumper is scuffed, and the center has been patched together after it hit something. And the wheels were never kept looking nice, the road salts and too many truck washes etching the metal.

GT, here are the same photos, worked over a bit in Photoshop. I used an HDR (high dynamic range) adjustment on them. This one is "photo realistic, high contrast".

11669334094_e2c059f970_b.jpg

11669178493_f168362e47_b.jpg

11669006835_e20d419490_b.jpg

And these are done using the "more saturation" adjustment.

11669935056_46b5f8c31f_b.jpg

11669094025_40be494a71_b.jpg

11669552234_9cdba05ac3_b.jpg

Well I can see thatthe Wild Chick passed right on by even though I made a special effort to respond to her request for a looky inside a Swedish truck, and the Grocery Throwin' dude with an infatuation for Monstro missed my artistic efforts, but I kept on fiddling with Photoshop today and look at what I came up with.

Line it up.
11670488975_7903a774e4_b.jpg

Blow it up.
11670406575_e5ece62477_b.jpg

Glow it.
11670632443_a31d8697ae_b.jpg

Turn it purple and call it Barney.
11670324585_2a5755d7c0_b.jpg

Solarize it. Wow. Looks like that color shifting paint.
11670656884_d492107418_b.jpg

Trace an outline.
11670626674_57ac7e14fd_b.jpg

Blow it up again, this time with spiky stuff. Is there even a recognizable truck in there?
11670210515_fd13f378d8_b.jpg

Glow it again. I really like this one.
11670920106_c11efba911_b.jpg

Another one with the color shifting paint look.
11670882166_5fb630a224_b.jpg

Well I can see thatthe Wild Chick passed right on by even though I made a special effort to respond to her request for a looky inside a Swedish truck,

I just saw this post :). Very nice interior pics, looks roomy! I almost got a sleeper Volvo rental for my runs for UPS, but I didn't want the extra when I would never need it.