FedEx Freight | Favoritism at terminals?

YES or no ?

• YES

Votes: 33 89.2%
  • NO !

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

nasvegas

TB Veteran
Credits
Seems to me old B.S. is creeping back in. I'll give examples and you tell me if I'm over reacting or not.

Nashville road are the redheaded step children at our facility. Ever meeting when we have them make sure to tell us linehaul is the biggest expense like we are a cancer to the company. (Even though that what the company does, because we are in the transportation INDUSTRY!

1. City pretty much takes any truck they want and if they don't get back in time the FORCE road to take crappy spares! Literally just tried to fire a road driver for not taking one and saying he would wait on his. Then he hung up phone. Dispatcher went to HR and said he was unprofessional and almost got him fired!

2.Driver appreciation week. The only day food that was catered was on the city end, and road was either not told about it or told late when it was cold or picked over.

3. Florida volunteer work. ROAD was not told about it! We have drivers not working! When a driver ask management about it they were either lied too, said they only need city and dock or already had the volunteers they wanted.
One city driver that is down there ran from Nashville to Valdosta took break then to Jacksonville, Orlando etc..
Sounds like linehaul to me!

Anyone else experiencing this. Or am I just over reacting?

More examples for girth.

1. Driver logs into eld couple minutes late, but still makes gate given tardy. (Some management late daily.)

2. Loads closed late and driver misses gate. Management calls and questions why driver was late.

3. Not following dispatch procedures and making rules up as the go or what THEY interpret policy to be.

4. Needing paperwork for personal issues is like pulling teeth.

5. Drivers by policy are given 1.5 hrs to get to work after called. TM tells drivers they cannot take a run if they can't get to work and make gate because dispatch called late. If they take run and the are late is a tardy.

6. NO COMMUNICATION WITH LINEHAUL ABOUT POLICY CHANGES!

NEED MORE GIRTH?

Sounds like crappy management. I thought management in my building was bad, holy smokes!

In my building city drivers can't take a tractor without checking with road dispatch. If I miss my gate, I let dispatch know why before I leave (by text).

Management doesn't track our eld activity. I've logged in after my show time a lot and I've never heard anything about it. I didn't even know that was a thing.

No communication here either. I'm still waiting for somebody to tell us about the raise.

Sounds like you boys need a steak cookout over there to get em back in their right minds !
I have never heard of a late ELD login either or 1.5 hr. to show up...We have 2 hr. Kinda sounds like they coddle the city drivers to keep any unity traction from taking hold.

Sounds like you boys need a steak cookout over there to get em back in their right minds !
I have never heard of a late ELD login either or 1.5 hr. to show up...We have 2 hr. Kinda sounds like they coddle the city drivers to keep any unity traction from taking hold.
1.5 hrs from the time they call you to get to work. They wanna punish us if dispatch calls late! Oh and they are calling 5hrs before call block starts too trying to cover federal express runs

1.5 hrs from the time they call you to get to work. They wanna punish us if dispatch calls late! Oh and they are calling 5hrs before call block starts too trying to cover federal express runs

I would start shooting off emails to the SCM and employee relations/employee regional. You want a paper trail of these behaviors. It also starts to change their behavior.

If your coworkers don't want to send out emails, encourage them to report anonymously on the ethics line.

Sounds like you all need a union. The railroad just agreed to a 24% raise under their new contract. And they will get a very lucrative pension when they retire.

Seems to me old B.S. is creeping back in. I'll give examples and you tell me if I'm over reacting or not.

Nashville road are the redheaded step children at our facility. Ever meeting when we have them make sure to tell us linehaul is the biggest expense like we are a cancer to the company. (Even though that what the company does, because we are in the transportation INDUSTRY!

1. City pretty much takes any truck they want and if they don't get back in time the FORCE road to take crappy spares! Literally just tried to fire a road driver for not taking one and saying he would wait on his. Then he hung up phone. Dispatcher went to HR and said he was unprofessional and almost got him fired!

2.Driver appreciation week. The only day food that was catered was on the city end, and road was either not told about it or told late when it was cold or picked over.

3. Florida volunteer work. ROAD was not told about it! We have drivers not working! When a driver ask management about it they were either lied too, said they only need city and dock or already had the volunteers they wanted.
One city driver that is down there ran from Nashville to Valdosta took break then to Jacksonville, Orlando etc..
Sounds like linehaul to me!

Anyone else experiencing this. Or am I just over reacting?

Here at my terminal it's just the opposite. Road drivers are treated like gold. They are provided customized cpap machines for their naps and motorized oxygen tanks for when they waddle out to their trucks to their hooked sets.

City drivers on the hand are treated poorly. In fact, if we take a road run, we have to use a vacation day because they say we aren't really working.

Policy actually states 1.5 hours

Sounds like Nashville mgmt needs an overhaul
Fedex does not need a union
Nashville has, and will continue to be a revolving door for management.

The only thing that doesn't change is the SCM. ASCMs, Ops Managers, Supers ect. likely not one has been there longer than 4 years.

Might've got somewhat better, but thats what I was staring at when I was applying for supervisor positions down there a few years back.

Nashville has, and will continue to be a revolving door for management.

The only thing that doesn't change is the SCM. ASCMs, Ops Managers, Supers ect. likely not one has been there longer than 4 years.

Might've got somewhat better, but thats what I was staring at when I was applying for supervisor positions down there a few years back.
The only thing that hasn't changed in Nashville is SCM and DM. Everything else has changed. In the last year we have 3 new ASCM's. So at some point it can't be everyone else's fault in management if those 2 haven't be changed in I don't know 2014 or earlier..

I ran into NAS for a couple of years on the hub recently. They are a shifty bunch there. Change door assignments while you are driving around the back side dodging 50 other drivers backing up. And then try to write you up for putting box in wrong door. So I took pics on my phone every night of my handheld door assignments. I as you,could go on for a long time but… as for that former big boss Darrell an absolute disgrace. A remnant of Logue and Cherry’s reign of terror. Is it true that he is the CEO of yellow freight?
If so, they will be out of business in 2 years max.

Here at my terminal it's just the opposite. Road drivers are treated like gold. They are provided customized cpap machines for their naps and motorized oxygen tanks for when they waddle out to their trucks to their hooked sets.

City drivers on the hand are treated poorly. In fact, if we take a road run, we have to use a vacation day because they say we aren't really working.
I find it hard to believe that managers force you to take a vacation to help them out on a road run. Please tell me you are mistaken. Tell me drivers DO NOT allow mamagment to force them to take a vacation day. If you are out of vacation days, do they mark you absent if you take a road run? von.