FedEx Freight | Fed ex insurance and joke of a raise

Disgusted

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone else think fed ex freight insurance is ridiculous? You can't tell me that a company as big as fed ex can't get a better policy!! I have not said anything before but this raise is nothing! It is only going to be a measly few dollars toward your sky rocketed insurance. It's not even a raise! It's not even enough to help toward this insane insurance. It's sad when you work for a company this big and you can't afford to go to the doctor... Now what??

I'm not sure what insurance you have but ours is cheaper than what it was as far as the weekly deduction goes, of course the deductibles are higher along with more out of pocket but with the HSA money they give you along with the reduced premiums it all works out about the same. My son had 2 surgeries totaling near 100 that cost me about $5200. I'm good with that. As far as the measly raise you speak of, well Franky they didn't have to give us anything!! There aren't any laws on the books that say fedex must give big fat raises out that I'm aware of so I would think for me if I'm not making enough money I need to either go find a different job that pays me what I need or else stop living beyond my means.

The problem I'm seeing now is doctors and hospitals don't recognize the HSA that the company set up. 2 weeks ago my wife had a out patient surgury at the hospital and all they see is you haven't meet your deductible. So guess what the doctor wants 900.00 upfront and the hospital want 2000.00 upfront. The deductible is only 1200.00 per person. I had 1100 in hsa. It was a fight with weeks of phone calls between anthem and the doctor to promise they would get there money from the HSA. If I had payed the money upfront try getting it back.l even had to get benefits from Fedex involved and they said they are being guite a few cases where even though you in the network the doctors don't care about a hsa and wanting tons of money upfront

Last edited:
Does anyone else think fed ex freight insurance is ridiculous? You can't tell me that a company as big as fed ex can't get a better policy!! I have not said anything before but this raise is nothing! It is only going to be a measly few dollars toward your sky rocketed insurance. It's not even a raise! It's not even enough to help toward this insane insurance. It's sad when you work for a company this big and you can't afford to go to the doctor... Now what??
So 26 dollars an hour, or 66 cents a mile is bad pay for many without a college degree. You are in serious need of a reality check. Road drivers making 80 to 125 thousand a year, yea they are way under paid. City drivers make 55 to 80. Wow maybe you should go back to college, find a job that pays better, good luck. The insurance is better then most companies out there, could it be better? Yes, but damn please go work somewhere else or maybe live within your means.

The problem I'm seeing now is doctors and hospitals don't recognize the HSA that the company set up. 2 weeks ago my wife had a out patient surgury at the hospital and all they see is you haven't meet your deductible. So guess what the doctor wants 900.00 upfront and the hospital want 2000.00 upfront. The deductible is only 1200.00 per person. I had 1100 in hsa. It was a fight with weeks of phone calls between anthem and the doctor to promise they would get there money from the HSA. If I had payed the money upfront try getting it back.l even had to get benefits from Fedex involved and they said they are being guite a few cases where even though you in the network the doctors don't care about a hsa and wanting tons of money upfront
How can they see you haven't met your deductible? Did you tell them? They can't take your insurance card and enter it into their system and see your personal account info. We did have one experience where HSA wasn't going to pay out on something that I can't remember what it was but all they needed was they doctor's office to verify whatever it was and it was paid. All insurance companies will try not to pay something if every little thing doesn't appear as they want it too no matter what kind of insurance it is and all of them are a pain in the butt to deal with at some point

Yes they can see you haven't met any remaining deductible. They new exactly what was remaining from the 1200.00
But they also see the family deductible of 3000 some dollars and that all they see. So at that point they want money upfront. You can't get it from company hsa because you don't have access to it.
So say I paid these doctors and hospital what they wanted. I got 3000. Of my money paid upfront. All they see is they got paid. You can't get the money back from your company paid account. Sol for you.

I will make this simple out of some of the claims that are in. Remember her doctor wanted 900 upfront. If I had paid it when do I get my money back. The bill was submitted to anthem. Negotiated to 410.00. Paid in full from hsa account. But I paid 900.00 that they now owe me I shouldn't had to pay to begin with. Does it now take months to get your money back??? Or even worse do they try to keep what they originally billed anthem and only give you back the 410.00. Could happen.

Yes they can see you haven't met any remaining deductible. They new exactly what was remaining from the 1200.00
But they also see the family deductible of 3000 some dollars and that all they see. So at that point they want money upfront. You can't get it from company hsa because you don't have access to it.
So say I paid these doctors and hospital what they wanted. I got 3000. Of my money paid upfront. All they see is they got paid. You can't get the money back from your company paid account. Sol for you.
I'm not going to say what you are saying is inaccurate about them knowin your personal account information but I am going to research this with my doctor because I'mnot aware of that happening. .

I'm not going to say what you are saying is inaccurate about them knowin your personal account information but I am going to research this with my doctor because I'mnot aware of that happening. .
Why would you think this is private info. The company sets these limits. It's not medical history. The card verifys you have insurance copays and deductibles.

I will make this simple out of some of the claims that are in. Remember her doctor wanted 900 upfront. If I had paid it when do I get my money back. The bill was submitted to anthem. Negotiated to 410.00. Paid in full from hsa account. But I paid 900.00 that they now owe me I shouldn't had to pay to begin with. Does it now take months to get your money back??? Or even worse do they try to keep what they originally billed anthem and only give you back the 410.00. Could happen.
Now it's a could happen thing but didn't? ..and in your original post it says that doctors and hospitals aren't recognizing it? It doesn't seem to be an insurance problem it's a doctor's office problem and it sounds like health benefits went to bat for you to get the issue resolved. Like I said once before when it comes to claims, everything better be picture perfect or there will be problems. Nothing is simple anymore it seems. Yes I have encountered problems and yes our insurance could be better but it's not horrible. If I thought it sucked as bad as what some folks think it does, I recall a opt out option during open enrollment that can be chosen. ..

Now it's a could happen thing but didn't? ..and in your original post it says that doctors and hospitals aren't recognizing it? It doesn't seem to be an insurance problem it's a doctor's office problem and it sounds like health benefits went to bat for you to get the issue resolved. Like I said once before when it comes to claims, everything better be picture perfect or there will be problems. Nothing is simple anymore it seems. Yes I have encountered problems and yes our insurance could be better but it's not horrible. If I thought it sucked as bad as what some folks think it does, I recall a opt out option during open enrollment that can be chosen. ..
Did I say its a insurance problem. No I said they don't recognize hsa account that is provided from the company. The insurance only went to bat with the doctor. The hospital set me up on payments of the 2000 they wanted. I paid some of front till the remaining is paid from the hsa account then I will pay the balance. So we have a account that causes unessarry upfront payments that needs to be addressed. You shouldn't have to pay three or four upfront fees and wait to get it back after you see who got what and your entilled to these funds back from all the people. It can get real confusing at that point.

Last edited:
Why would you think this is private info. The company sets these limits. It's not medical history. The card verifys you have insurance copays and deductibles.
Yes I know they can see the set limits but they shouldn't be able to see what previous out of pocket expenses I've had

Yes I know they can see the set limits but they shouldn't be able to see what previous out of pocket expenses I've had
I think they only see what remaining deductible you haven't met. The way I was told at her doctor is you haven't met the deductible and they could see the balance left

Been here for 17 years, my insurance is great, no problems. You must have cheeped out when you signed up. And as far as the raise, well, EVERYBODY is hiring, so go find a better deal..
No smart butt I have the premium crap insurance and 22 years trumps your ignorance. Idiot

Those surgeries were 100k. I need to point that out before the mathematicians spot my error lol
I have had surgeries after surgeries I know what they pay and don't pay and if that is all you paid then we do t have the same insurance. Until you actually know exactly what my premiums are and what my out of pocket expense is then keep your bs to yourself. It's ridiculous that we have 10,000 between the two of us as an out of pocket expense before our insurance pays anything. Then we have to fight Cigna to pay for anything. Not to mention the high Payne at that come even after deductible is met.. Who can afford this?? Making what we make.. So before you go bashing someone with childish insults walk a mile in my shoes.... I didn't insult any of you childish idiots so kindly keep this bs to yourself... Again if you don't know what my Payne at are to the dollar how the heck could you possible comment on anything pertaining to my finances and insurance deductibles with the absolute facts. If you have any common sense for discussion I'm ok with that but I will not argue with a bunch of mindless idiots either planted on here to discourage anyone from speaking the truth or from someone who doesn't know the truth and just wants to be mean. Period. So consider this your only notice. I will not respond to you anymore. Idiots

So 26 dollars an hour, or 66 cents a mile is bad pay for many without a college degree. You are in serious need of a reality check. Road drivers making 80 to 125 thousand a year, yea they are way under paid. City drivers make 55 to 80. Wow maybe you should go back to college, find a job that pays better, good luck. The insurance is better then most companies out there, could it be better? Yes, but damn please go work somewhere else or maybe live within your means.
When a company this big can't provide insurance for someone to afford to be sick then their is a probables. I never said anything about the rate of pay so get your facts straight. I said the insurance is crap and the pay raise isn't a pay raise. It is only going to cover a small portion of the crappy insurance they provide right now. And a big company like them could do better. If you did your research you would know how screwed it is. If you also did your math you would also see that this is no different than a car salesman telling you they are giving you a big discount and taking that discount in somewhere else and you aren't getting a discount at all but in reality you are getting screwed. This was not a raise and does not constitute as one. This was shut up and pacify you money.... You must be one of those they paid off.