FedEx Freight | fedex bean counters

At Amercian Freightways and Vilking in our own sections of the country we were the BEST freight compines . ever

Now we are called FEDEX FREIGHT ... together now .. there is not a better freight company anywhere.

We .. as a group of men and women we will be the BEST freight company long into the future.

All wannabees need to go someplace else. If the shoe fits ..wear it!

We all have our jobs to do.
Lets get it done

:thumbsup:

redracers and sailboat drivers ... get it done

[quote author=slackdragon link=topic=81834.msg845720#msg845720 date=1278860247]
At Amercian Freightways and Vilking in our own sections of the country we were the BEST freight compines . ever

Now we are called FEDEX FREIGHT ... together now .. there is not a better freight company anywhere.

We .. as a group of men and women we will be the BEST freight company long into the future.

All wannabees need to go someplace else. If the shoe fits ..wear it!

We all have our jobs to do.
Lets get it done

redracers and sailboat drivers ... get it done
[/quote]

Get rid of the people that think numbers count more than customers and I might agree with you. As long as they run the company by spreadsheet, we're doomed.

[quote author=Franklin link=topic=81834.msg845162#msg845162 date=1278767142]
Tell you what.... I'll put a car in a car crusher and give you 2 years to fix it.
[/quote]

Sorry to say guys, but I think Franklin is correct. The thing that worry's me is how many years will it take to fix(if we will ever be able to fix) Obama's crushed car. That's quite a few Presidents from now. Bush was train wreck, but Obama is a man made disaster. Sorry, went a bit off topic.

[quote author=Franklin link=topic=81834.msg845782#msg845782 date=1278867148]
Get rid of the people that think numbers count more than customers and I might agree with you. As long as they run the company by spreadsheet, we're doomed.
[/quote]With a company as large as we are ... we need a few number crunchers ... to cut the waste ..NOT RUN THE COMPANY BY ###

Take care of our customers, take care of our employees ....

Thats what made Arkansas, American and Vilking the very best

Treat us like human beings, and we have busted our butts for you/us....(we already have proved that) .. treat us like a # and we will just mark time and draw a check .

[quote author=slackdragon link=topic=81834.msg845870#msg845870 date=1278884772]
With a company as large as we are ... we need a few number crunchers ... to cut the waste ..NOT RUN THE COMPANY BY ###

Treat us like human beings, and we have busted our butts for you/us....(we already have proved that) .. treat us like a # and we will just mark time and draw a check .
[/quote]

That's called management 101. It's basic. But for some reason, that isn't the direction of this company. The reason for it escapes me. For the life of me, I just don't understand why they want to alienate the employees, pretend that we are important and engaged, alienate the customers, pretend they are important, devise internal programs that just make it nearly impossible to carry out assignments.

I'm with you Slackdragon.

"slackdragon" said:
With a company as large as we are ... we need a few number crunchers ... to cut the waste ..NOT RUN THE COMPANY BY ###

Why is it so hard for a company to learn that one simple basic truth. Forget all the diversity just read that one post on this board. We would be a company that UPS and all the others wished they could be.

I love it when the bean counting snapshot team comes to town. It is just like going to the circus. The whole operation goes off track for a week. Everyone including the bean counter trying to justify their job. I love it the whole thing makes me laugh. You see people out running around on the dock that you would never see otherwise.

I think the bean counters got ahold of the snap shot teams already. Our last snap shot had only 1 person doing it. They sure didn't keep the brightest.

[quote author=nobodysfoe link=topic=81834.msg847030#msg847030 date=1279155388]
I think the bean counters got ahold of the snap shot teams already. Our last snap shot had only 1 person doing it. They sure didn't keep the brightest.
[/quote]

The bean counters ARE the snapshot people.

They eat their own.

Snap Shop is a micro managers wet dream. These two clowns spends four days at my little terminal looking up everyone's backside. If your terminal is running efficiently and making the company money, that doesn't matter. It needs to run like some mythical terminal in the sky that the bean counters have dreamed up. Everyone is on edge. After all, if your not good, no gold star for you. At the end of this exercise, there are probably 3-4 thousand things that needs to be fixed immediately. When they leave, we can go back to making the company money. Hooters, are you listening. If you are worried about the bottom line, and your job, this would be a great cost cutting adventure. TP

You should have seen the look on her face last year when she was checking out my uniform, and I told her I had on my FED-EX underwear. Thought the SCM was gonna kill me!