Yellow | FedEx combines freight / national companies

New Pennitentiary,YRC.

New Penn is still New Penn

just happy to be a part of a great organization like YRC, satisfying customers and
making their dreams become a reality
thWINKgif.gif

Well I think it's great timing............. Now our great union and company will use this as an example of how bad it is out there, We must vote for the next round of concessions, So we can save a couple great paying teamsters jobs.............. Yea right, But I'm sure some will go for it..................

Now tell me if I'm wrong but didn't we hear the same thing from Zollars when we merged ?

FedEx will combine its FedEx Freight and FedEx National less-than-truckload operations on Jan. 30, closing 100 facilities and cutting 1,700 workers. FedEx says the move, along with other cost cuts, will ensure the trucking business is profitable next year.

TheTrucker.com - America's Trucking Newspaper

Now tell me if I'm wrong but didn't we hear the same thing from Zollars when we merged ?

FedEx will combine its FedEx Freight and FedEx National less-than-truckload operations on Jan. 30, closing 100 facilities and cutting 1,700 workers. FedEx says the move, along with other cost cuts, will ensure the trucking business is profitable next year.

Yep. and every meeting he's had, or every quarter since then.................

And didn't that 100 terminals = more like 350?

Yep. and every meeting he's had, or every quarter since then.................

And didn't that 100 terminals = more like 350?

Yep you are so right !!! :1036316054:

I have'nt seen this elsewhere. Zollars contract up Dec 2010......Fedex needs someone to screw the drivers Jan 2011. Hope for their sake I just come up with another stupid theory.

I have'nt seen this elsewhere. Zollars contract up Dec 2010......Fedex needs someone to screw the drivers Jan 2011. Hope for their sake I just come up with another stupid theory.
Can't imagine what he would be capable of doing to working men in a place where you don't get to vote till you get it right.

You really need to read more . I posted this maybe 5 or 6 times :Poke::732:

Zollars’ employment contract is due to expire Dec. 31, though it provides for automatic one-year extensions if neither Zollars nor the company provides a termination notice. According to his contract, if Zollars were terminated without cause, he would be eligible for $7.4 million in severance and other benefits.

http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/kansascity/stories/2010/09/06/daily39.html?ana=yfcpc

You really need to read more . I posted this maybe 5 or 6 times :Poke::732:

Zollars’ employment contract is due to expire Dec. 31, though it provides for automatic one-year extensions if neither Zollars nor the company provides a termination notice. According to his contract, if Zollars were terminated without cause, he would be eligible for $7.4 million in severance and other benefits.

Report: YRC’s Teamsters may trade more concessions for removal of CEO Zollars - Kansas City Business Journal
And your yelling at me why? I seen those posts, and with the concession question an automatic extension is not assured. Do I need to go back and spell out what I was insinuating? :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK your the CEO of FEDEX, your profit doubles and what do you do? Close more facilities and layoff more workers so you can triple you profits! Gready CEO's
Fedex overall did well, except for Freight it still can't seem to make a profit. So there you go, now the rest of the non ltl's can do the same thing now. I don't like it at all but that is life. Do the best you can and go on chin up and chest out.