Yellow | FedEx combines freight / national companies

closing 100 facilities and cutting 1,700 workers.

1700 more to the unemployment lines in the middle of winter.....and another concessions vote rumored on the horizon.

closing 100 facilities and cutting 1,700 workers.

1700 more to the unemployment lines in the middle of winter.....and another concessions vote rumored on the horizon.

Conway might be next to tighten up

layoffs like crazy everywhere lately

OK your the CEO of FEDEX, your profit doubles and what do you do? Close more facilities and layoff more workers so you can triple you profits! Gready CEO's

Maybe it would have been a good time for the IBT to have been working on some serious organizing...because the disgruntled would maybe be a little more willing to listen about now...It seems they don't know who will stay open, who will close, and who will lose or retain seniority.

OK your the CEO of FEDEX, your profit doubles and what do you do? Close more facilities and layoff more workers so you can triple you profits! Gready CEO's

Who's profit doubled? all the transports are losing money. It is only the diverse UPS and FedEx that are showing a profit. And that is not in their LTL's. It is bad times my friend for all and no light at the end of the tunnel yet.

They keep bashing YRC on the cb etc. Now they get a taste IT SUCKS does it not! Now worry endtail,dove tail etc and 2x the layoffs if not more.

They keep bashing YRC on the cb etc. Now they get a taste IT SUCKS does it not! Now worry endtail,dove tail etc and 2x the layoffs if not more.

I have read and heard more concern than bashing. We are all in this mess together and yes there are a few...But like most I just ignore them.

Remember many Fed Ex members showed support when it happened to us. I think it only fair we behave appropriately and support their laid off also. Many of them will be the new hires of 2009 and 2010 I suspect.

I have no sympathy for the employees at Fed ex, or Conway. They heavily discounted frt that was handled by YRC in an effort to put YRC out of business. (little did they know our management is doing a fine job on this task) I realize the sales people over at those 2 companies played a major part, but the drivers where running around saying the sky is falling at YRC and doing their part. I am also embarrassed when I hear the UPS frt drivers are doing the same thing. UPS frt is another company that has long been not profitable. They would have been out of business long ago if it wasnt for UP and now UPS buying them. I predict UPS will get rid of them shortly. YRC isnt the only one loosing money. But they are the only one that are hurting themselves.

Maybe it would have been a good time for the IBT to have been working on some serious organizing...because the disgruntled would maybe be a little more willing to listen about now...It seems they don't know who will stay open, who will close, and who will lose or retain seniority.

Are you for real? I could answer many ways, however, I will not. Lets just see how they handle their existing members first.

Well, FedEx saw how well it worked for YRC combining Yellow and Roadway, so monkey see-monkey do with FedEx Freight and FedEx National LTL. Maybe they can hire Bill Zollars since he is such an expert at destroying ltl freight companies. He will be our gift to them in exchange for the next round of YRC concessions.

I have no sympathy for the employees at Fed ex, or Conway. They heavily discounted frt that was handled by YRC in an effort to put YRC out of business. (little did they know our management is doing a fine job on this task) I realize the sales people over at those 2 companies played a major part, but the drivers where running around saying the sky is falling at YRC and doing their part. I am also embarrassed when I hear the UPS frt drivers are doing the same thing. UPS frt is another company that has long been not profitable. They would have been out of business long ago if it wasnt for UP and now UPS buying them. I predict UPS will get rid of them shortly. YRC isnt the only one loosing money. But they are the only one that are hurting themselves.

Look at the margins between them. Apples to Oranges.. numbers don't lye.

Why can"t we all just worry about our own co's Stop badmouthing YRC doing this FED EX doing that WE're all in this mess that we as drivers and dock did't create BEST OF LUCK TO ALL INVOLVED!