FedEx combining main units — except LTL — into 1 organization

“FedEx Freight, the company’s LTL operation, will remain a stand-alone entity and sell services as usual. Shanker called the announcement “meaningful” in that it may be a setup to sell or spin off the business.”
You forgot the rest..

“However, he thought that to be doubtful because it is too heavily embedded in the rest of the company.”

You forgot the rest..

“However, he thought that to be doubtful because it is too heavily embedded in the rest of the company.”
Sorry, I’m an optimist. Lol

Why would Express drivers need to be training to pull containers when we’ve been doing it for years?

So, we’re going to continue to exist as a separate opco in One FedEx to create more drayage capacity to haul containers?

I think Freight has more value to outside money…

You forgot the rest..

Fact is I can see both sides, but after decades of working here. These things never benefit employees in the long run, and we won't know till it's too late.

Hoping for severance package in 2024, and between that and pension cash out. I'm gone!!!

“FedEx Freight, the company’s LTL operation, will remain a stand-alone entity and sell services as usual. Shanker called the announcement “meaningful” in that it may be a setup to sell or spin off the business.”

Any particular reason you left this part out?
"However, he thought that to be doubtful because it is too heavily embedded in the rest of the company."