FedEx Freight | Fedex Corporate Bonus Structure

SwampRatt

TB Legend
Credits
While expansive annual bonus nixed, top FedEx executives on pace to receive big bonus

https://www.commercialappeal.com/st...-top-executive-bonus-compensation/4160300002/

"The payout is capped at a 15% growth rate, which leads to executives receiving 150% of their target payouts. There is no LTI payout if the growth rate is less than 5%."

"To reach the minimum for the 2018-2020 LTI payout, FedEx needs an aggregate adjusted EPS of $40.02."

"The EPS being adjusted means FedEx won’t factor in costly TNT Express integration expenses or adjustments to its retirement plan accounting".

The proxy statement:
http://d18rn0p25nwr6d.cloudfront.net/CIK-0001048911/92e74a03-1e47-4fa8-a2cd-577ccb32ee47.pdf

While expansive annual bonus nixed, top FedEx executives on pace to receive big bonus

https://www.commercialappeal.com/st...-top-executive-bonus-compensation/4160300002/

"The payout is capped at a 15% growth rate, which leads to executives receiving 150% of their target payouts. There is no LTI payout if the growth rate is less than 5%."

"To reach the minimum for the 2018-2020 LTI payout, FedEx needs an aggregate adjusted EPS of $40.02."

"The EPS being adjusted means FedEx won’t factor in costly TNT Express integration expenses or adjustments to its retirement plan accounting".

The proxy statement:
http://d18rn0p25nwr6d.cloudfront.net/CIK-0001048911/92e74a03-1e47-4fa8-a2cd-577ccb32ee47.pdf
Well I guess we all found out where the $150 per mo is going. Thanks Uncle Fred

Yep I'm betting it's only a matter of time they dump our bonus program just wait.......
THAT would be a huge mistake, IMHO.

1) It is part of our compensation package, installed initially to offset (sell) a less than competitive raise at that time.

2) Any change in the metrics used (or elimination) would seriously call integrity into question, especially as the margin improves and the promised payout approaches "significant money".

Well I guess we all found out where the $150 per mo is going. Thanks Uncle Fred
Just a simple calculation here to back that point up. Let's say 50,000 employees are going to pay the $150 a month penalty. That is $1800 per year or $90,000,000. The 50,000 is just a fractional value of 12% of what it probably is. This could turn into a half billion dollar windfall for FedEx. Well played Fred.

1) It is part of our compensation package, installed initially to offset (sell) a less than competitive raise at that time.

2) Any change in the metrics used (or elimination) would seriously call integrity into question, especially as the margin improves and the promised payout approaches "significant money".

What is going to stop them from doing so? Meanwhile at my center everyone is going on 10 hour bids so the guys on bottom that were over hired can work. So not only did we take a pay cut on insurance we are getting hours cut also all while our operating ratio goes through the roof. Corporate Greed anyone??????

What is going to stop them from doing so? Meanwhile at my center everyone is going on 10 hour bids so the guys on bottom that were over hired can work. So not only did we take a pay cut on insurance we are getting hours cut also all while our operating ratio goes through the roof. Corporate Greed anyone??????
How many city driver's in your barn ? We're hearing that over here.

They took it away from the local management...what makes you think the drivers are so special?

Part of the compensation that employees with working spouses has been reduced...you think they won't further reduce that compensation?

If you haven't been calling into question their integrity for years, you haven't been paying attention.

They took it away from the local management...what makes you think the drivers are so special?

Part of the compensation that employees with working spouses has been reduced...you think they won't further reduce that compensation?

If you haven't been calling into question their integrity for years, you haven't been paying attention.

1) What makes Drivers "special"? Labor market, cost (and difficulty) to replace, and the most vital piece of the customer experience (purple promise). Then there is that significant cost associated with truly disgruntled Drivers. The cost of contracting with firms like Labor Relations Institute (https://lrionline.com/about-us/) is an obvious example, but there are more.

2) Yes, but there is the ability to "spin" that as cost control. MUCH different than a clear bait and switch. After the long PROMISED potential of a payout up to 4.5%, any attempt to eliminate (or change the metrics required) would be a clear "breach of trust". Also, as the bonus potential increases, zero case can be made that any struggle exists. If margins do drop below 5%, no bonus is paid, per existing policy.
3bAWUND.jpg

3) Yep, that's me, guilty of NOT paying attention <insert sarcasm>

:smilie93c peelout:

Last edited:
1) What makes Drivers "special"? Labor market, cost (and difficulty) to replace, and the most vital piece of the customer experience (purple promise). Then there is that significant cost associated with truly disgruntled Drivers. The cost of contracting with firms like Labor Relations Institute (https://lrionline.com/about-us/) is an obvious example, but there are more.

2) Yes, but there is the ability to "spin" that as cost control. MUCH different than a clear bait and switch. After the long PROMISED potential of a payout up to 4.5%, any attempt to eliminate (or change the metrics required) would be a clear "breach of trust". Also, as the bonus potential increases, zero case can be made that any struggle exists. If margins do drop below 5%, no bonus is paid, per existing policy.
3bAWUND.jpg

3) Yep, that's me, guilty of NOT paying attention <insert sarcasm>

:smilie93c peelout:

Yeah but they have no loyalty to any driver no matter how many years of service, they have showed that over the years many times. They could care less about drivers, all they care about is share holders and top level executives. PSP is a joke!

I think it’s already in question. Is it just me?