FedEx Freight | Fedex Corporate Bonus Structure

They could care less about drivers, all they care about is share holders and top level executives. PSP is a joke!

Oh, I fully understand what you're saying. BUT, I think (hope?) they still realize that if it goes too far, the "cost" is potentially overwhelming.

First we have smaller than expected raise, combined with massive reduction of insurance benefit. Then we are hearing of a return of questionable tactics (in some places). All of this somewhat similar to the not too distant past.

I think tampering with an earned benefit, which is based strictly on profitability, would be a step too far.

Watch for the next earnings report (due out 12/17/19), and what it says about Freight.

I think it’s already in question. Is it just me?

Oh no, it's NOT just you. More are questioning several narratives.

Namely the relationship between profitability and wage/benefit increases :hilarious:. THAT and the GPD narrative, would be the most blatant examples, I think. :idunno:.

Perhaps we should start a new thread looking at questionable narratives.

Uncomfortable topic? Perhaps. But uncomfortable discussion is often the most necessary & productive.

Man, moral has taken a big hit, and quick.
Just 18mo ago, drivers seemed pretty content.

Now you have disgruntled supervisors, managment, AND drivers.

When the troops get mad at you, the entire operation suffers badly.

Man, you said it all right there.

How can a guy no longer here, have a better grasp on the pulse of the organization than upper Corporate leadership with their unlimited resources?

"The new agreement also includes some compensation limits for YRC Freight’s executive ranks. Under the agreement, for every dollar that YRC executives receive in bonuses, the bargaining unit gets $2 split equally among the members, according to a Teamsters document. In other words, $5 million in bonuses in a given year paid to YRC executives would mean the union would get $10 million to share among members."

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/yrc-teamsters-enter-five-year-contract-ending-years-labor-strife

Good thing we have that open door policy, we can just ask these guys to give us some of their bonuses, made on our backs. I'm sure they'll just hand it over and pay the tax on it, like the company does for their bonuses.:lmao:

"The new agreement also includes some compensation limits for YRC Freight’s executive ranks. Under the agreement, for every dollar that YRC executives receive in bonuses, the bargaining unit gets $2 split equally among the members, according to a Teamsters document. In other words, $5 million in bonuses in a given year paid to YRC executives would mean the union would get $10 million to share among members."

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/yrc-teamsters-enter-five-year-contract-ending-years-labor-strife

Good thing we have that open door policy, we can just ask these guys to give us some of their bonuses, made on our backs. I'm sure they'll just hand it over and pay the tax on it, like the company does for their bonuses.:lmao:
I hate to rain on your parade but FXFE currently has around 40K+ employees but for easy math we’ll use the round number of 40K....using the given $10M stated, that means each employee would receive a bonus of only $250!!

Our current AIC plan has the potential to payout somewhere around an astounding 3% should we carry the same 1st qtr numbers into the 2qtr which would more then quadruple that measly $250!! :1036316054:

I hate to rain on your parade but FXFE currently has around 40K+ employees but for easy math we’ll use the round number of 40K....using the given $10M stated, that means each employee would receive a bonus of only $250!!

Our current AIC plan has the potential to payout somewhere around an astounding 3% should we carry the same 1st qtr numbers into the 2qtr which would more then quadruple that measly $250!! :1036316054:

Is that quadrupling before or after the $1800 spousal surcharge is subtracted from our total compensation?

Why are you guys pissed at FXFE?? You should be pissed at your spouse’s employer for offering :::shit:::tier insurance than the :::shit::: FXFE offers...just sayin’!!
I was lucky my wife’s boss agreed to pay the 1800 since she doesn’t take his insurance. Pissed at fedex for being discriminatory and punitive. Think about all the part timers with other jobs that take our insurance. No surcharge for them or the family’s with 4+ kids or kids at all for that matter. No surcharge for them. Just the guy with a wife who happens to have a job.

Why are you guys pissed at FXFE?? You should be pissed at your spouse’s employer for offering :::shit:::tier insurance than the :::shit::: FXFE offers...just sayin’!!
Because I am already on my wife's insurance...have been ever since they claimed we had to have our rates increase because we were on a "Cadillac plan" under the ACA. Which was later proven to be a lie as the offered insurance does not qualify as a "Cadillac plan", and thus is not subject to the tax which they claimed they had to recoup the costs of via rate increases.

The BS surcharge doesn't apply to me, directly. Indirectly though it does as it further erodes morale, further depletes productivity, and further drives down efficiency because...the supervisors don't care since they lost their bonuses so we see worse loads than ever before, the employees that are hurt by the surcharge don't care and hate what's happening to what was once a company people aimed to get hired at because we were the high point in the industry, and those of us that give a damn about our fellow employee are smart enough judge the future by knowing the past. We know the reduction in pay, and benefits if left unchecked will not stop with a spousal surcharge.

As a Universal Healthcare supporter I don’t know if it’s comical or sad to watch the current insurance debacle. Let’s keep complaining about rising cost.

keep on keeping on, folks!

I was lucky my wife’s boss agreed to pay the 1800 since she doesn’t take his insurance. Pissed at fedex for being discriminatory and punitive. Think about all the part timers with other jobs that take our insurance. No surcharge for them or the family’s with 4+ kids or kids at all for that matter. No surcharge for them. Just the guy with a wife who happens to have a job.
Lucky?? I’m sure he’d rather gladly pay the $1800 than to offer her decent healthcare!!

Because I am already on my wife's insurance...have been ever since they claimed we had to have our rates increase because we were on a "Cadillac plan" under the ACA. Which was later proven to be a lie as the offered insurance does not qualify as a "Cadillac plan", and thus is not subject to the tax which they claimed they had to recoup the costs of via rate increases.

The BS surcharge doesn't apply to me, directly. Indirectly though it does as it further erodes morale, further depletes productivity, and further drives down efficiency because...the supervisors don't care since they lost their bonuses so we see worse loads than ever before, the employees that are hurt by the surcharge don't care and hate what's happening to what was once a company people aimed to get hired at because we were the high point in the industry, and those of us that give a damn about our fellow employee are smart enough judge the future by knowing the past. We know the reduction in pay, and benefits if left unchecked will not stop with a spousal surcharge.
There are many things that erode the morale of the workforce...are you willing to stand up for any and all causes (even if it means calling out your own co-workers) or just the ones that derive from the execs/management??

As a Universal Healthcare supporter I don’t know if it’s comical or sad to watch the current insurance debacle. Let’s keep complaining about rising cost.

keep on keeping on, folks!

Yeah you must also be a supporter of corporate greed. Fed ex had the chance to say we support our employees and their families we are not going to have a spouse surcharge, but no they chose to try and cut more cost meanwhile our profits continue to rise while our benefits continue to go backwards.........

Last edited:
You think you guys have it bad, try being at the bottom of the board.

I used to be able to get my 40, even if it meant pushing a broom for an hour or two. Now they say i can't do that. If there's no freight to be moved you have to go. Sweeping is a maintenance job. Now we're guaranteed 30 hours and 1 minute a week. That is all.

Ok, Can I volunteer for weekend runs? You can sign up, but calls go out in order of seniority. I get called maybe once a month. I'm going to take a second job because I can't make ends meet on 32 hours a week. That would effect your HOS and we need your 70 every week.

My insurance will be going up, your cutting hours, hiring more people (drivers and pt dock) and you're staking claim on my 70.

I'll probably stick it out for the winter and begin exploring my options in the spring.

Last edited: