FedEx Freight | Fedex Direct

More facts: https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/freight-services/direct-rates.html
Rates
Service - Surcharge Name
- Surcharge Keyword - Surcharge Rate
Pickup at FedEx Service Center No Charge
FedEx Freight Direct Standard FFDS $100.00 per Shipment
FedEx Freight Direct Premium FFDP $175.00 per Shipment
FedEx Freight Direct Assembly FFDA $89.00 per Shipment, in addition to FedEx Freight Direct Premium (FFDP) surcharge

Size and Weight Limits
FedEx Freight Direct Standard

Maximum weight per piece: 150 lbs.*

Maximum length per piece: 108 inches

Maximum dimension per piece: 165 inches in length and girth combined

*For any FedEx Freight Direct Standard shipment that exceeds 150 lbs., the service selection will be upgraded to FedEx Freight Direct Premium with applicable charges to apply.

FedEx Freight Direct Premium**
Maximum weight per piece: 300 lbs.

Maximum length per piece: 108 inches

Maximum dimension per piece: 165 inches in length and girth combined

** Shipments exceeding the above limits require written preapproval from Carrier before acceptance.
This could be a huge market for us. I just saw an article this week where Schinder was getting out of the final mile service. I hope it works out for us!! It seems they have taken their time in implementing it so it’s done right.

You really have zero concept as to how any of this works, do you?
the product still has to get to the service center, cross docked to be loaded on smaller trucks to be delivered and assembled(sometimes by people who get paid less).and you don't see where the problems will occur?

You people are clueless, and are completely blind to the changing market. If LtL companies continue the tradtional method of delivering freight, they are a relic, and are about to be run over. The old way of bumping a dock, and watching while a forklift driver unloads 10 skids, while you watch will always be there, but there is far too much of a market to ignore to the tune of $11 BILLION within the next decade.
It's not for "a few extra bucks",
Like Fx is taking all of this on for an an extra $10 spot per delivery.

The new inside del will be a $100+ charge, and it only goes up from there. Within a decade, this new op co will be as big as FxF, mark my words.
You think Fx is undertaking all of this to lose money? ???

One B class driver doing 5 premium deliveries a day, with a few getting assembly will make Fx more money than a full pup of traditional deliveries
Yes, they are in it to lose money.

I've seen the discounts we already give customers for liftgate, inside delivery, etc. A $125 liftgate comes down to $40. Inside delivery? $25

You REALLY think we'll charge premium prices and actually get it? Umm, no.

There is a reason why Schneider have dropped this ridiculous "last mile" bullshit. It's because it takes too much time and too much money.

Yes, they are in it to lose money.

I've seen the discounts we already give customers for liftgate, inside delivery, etc. A $125 liftgate comes down to $40. Inside delivery? $25

You REALLY think we'll charge premium prices and actually get it? Umm, no.

There is a reason why Schneider have dropped this ridiculous "last mile" :horseshit:. It's because it takes too much time and too much money.
Saw today on the FXF channel at work they are starting to promote FXF Direct. I noticed in all the videos that the drivers have cabover straight trucks and that "everything has already been planned out to be as safe as possible".

Don't know about anyone else but we sure as ::shit:: don't have any cabover straight trucks. At least THEY can actually maneuver compared to the **** poor KW and Peterbilts we have now.

Saw today on the FXF channel at work they are starting to promote FXF Direct. I noticed in all the videos that the drivers have cabover straight trucks and that "everything has already been planned out to be as safe as possible".

Don't know about anyone else but we sure as :::shit::: don't have any cabover straight trucks. At least THEY can actually maneuver compared to the **** poor KW and Peterbilts we have now.
We bought a bunch of cab over small straight trucks a couple of years ago. We just got a new straight truck a couple of weeks ago and they went back to the little KW straight trucks.

My question is if I am making a residential delivery with my 48 ft van can a customer request the premium service on the spot like other stops can with inside delivery? Or will it be required to prepay for this service before it is sent out for delivery?

Spoke with one of our resi guys a few days ago. Recently they watched an edu video on the two services starting to roll out. They're getting electric pallet jacks, cust is going to have two del options in addition to the reg put it in the garage; first avail room, and the premium, ANY room inside the house. Including upstairs.

I inquired if they had to do assy. They MIGHT.
I had visions of dragging my soot covered pallet jack up a flight of carpeted stairs. Only because my $10.00 hand truck couldn't handle the load of the 500lb empty waterbed mattress going up to the 3d-floor.

I spoke to one of the guys in dispatch about FedEx Direct.

I was told FedEx is linking up with a major retailer. To be announced in the next upcoming weeks.

Three tiers of service

Basic- what we do now. Drop it at the door.

Forgot what the middle one is- first room in the house.

Premium- any room in the house including upstairs. This service includes unboxing and removing of packaging.

I was told there will be no appliances and no assembly or instillation.

Weight limit is 350. Some routes will have a helper, depending on service and weight.

I have zero interest in doing this. I don't want to **** off the wrong customer and get accused of something foul like stealing or harassment.

I don't want to lug something up some stairs to open it see it's damaged and then lug it back down the stairs.

I don't want to enter anybody's home. Too much of a personal liability. I'll build up seniority on the dock.

FedEx unit expands final-mile delivery network

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/fedex-unit-expands-final-mile-delivery-network

"Each market handled its respective pilots in its own way, and none of the variations were expected to resemble the look of a nationwide rollout if one occurs, company executives said in the memo. The executives also emphasized that the expansion will take time to form. “We are committed to getting this right,” said Ken Frith, vice president of the unit’s southwest region, at the time."

Funny how "breaking news" gets it wrong, AGAIN. Also a little late. All of this has been on truckingboards.com for quite some time, "sources say".

My question is if I am making a residential delivery with my 48 ft van can a customer request the premium service on the spot like other stops can with inside delivery? Or will it be required to prepay for this service before it is sent out for delivery?
We were told 'no'.

The customer can request it, but it gets rescheduled, and comes back on a resi truck with re del charges along with the upgraded service charge.

What a dumb idea. There's no way I'd want to be a part of any of that. It's bad enough some of the residential deliveries with oversized freight using half assed pallet jacks and hand trucks, and having to overcome obstacles such as steep, broken down driveways and the like. I can't imagine adding inside the home to the mix.

Last edited:
What a dumb idea. There's no way I'd want to be a part of any of that. It's bad enough some of the residential deliveries with oversized freight using half assed pallet jacks and hand trucks, and having to overcome obstacles such as steep, broken down driveways and the like. I can't imagine adding inside the home to the mix.

Don't worry won't be long till someone orders a case of toilet paper and they want us to wipe their ass for them.

Direct FedEx site...

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/freight-services/ltl/freight-direct.html

Standard
Max weight of each piece 150 lbs

Premium
Max weight of each piece 300 lbs

I read someplace too max 4 stairs.

To the curb or garage done, we all do it everyday with more weight. Priming trees for the city on the way. All part of the Purple Promise. LOL:tr10driving03::wavey::wee:
300 lbs to the living room up a few stairs not for me. The good news is we are over stuffed with more drivers and the bottom 4 to 5 are on it.

We have also not seen one Direct Delivery yet.

Had enough of 2000 lbs pallets of Bamboo, 1800 lbs sound proof windows etc all to the curb or garage. A electric pallet jack would be nice but how would you get an 9' pallet and electric pallet jack on the lift gate? :1sm057crazy:

As for lift gate weight ours are 3000 to 4000 lbs.

I was hired to drive a truck, LTL - NOT A MOVING VAN!!:1sm364jumpbed:

Direct Zip codes.
https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/f...20/Q1/FFD_Acceptable_ZIP_Codes_1877207005.pdf