FedEx Freight | Fedex Direct

Holo989

TB Lurker
Credits
Had a meeting this morning at my service center about a new pilot program that we are starting. It’s called Fedex Direct and it is all about residential delivery’s. Basically you will have a box truck but the customer will have 2 options for delivery they are calling it direct and direct premium. The direct is the same thing we do now like bringing the freight into the customers garage. Now the premium is full service where the driver will have to bring the freight into the house. They’re also going to have a helper with you on those not sure if it’s a dock worker or another driver. But there’s a whole list of things we have to bring now to those premium delivery’s.

1. Tyvek Suit
2. Pledge multi wipes
3. Safety glasses
4. Kick stops
5. Door jamb protector pads
6. LED work light
7. Tape measure
8. Dolly wheel booties
9. Gerber multi tool
10. Cordless vacuum
11. Paper floor protection roll
12. Yellow moving rubber bands
13. Shoe booties
14. Dude body wipes
15. Hand truck
16. Power assist pallet jack

They said that this isn’t even all of it and at the moment they are unsure if they want to offer a service where drivers then set up whatever the customer ordered after delivery or have a contractor do it. Also unsure if we will do stairs or not so it’s first floor only at the moment. There is a lot more to it though as this starts next week and they continue to add things to it.

Had a meeting this morning at my service center about a new pilot program that we are starting. It’s called Fedex Direct and it is all about residential delivery’s. Basically you will have a box truck but the customer will have 2 options for delivery they are calling it direct and direct premium. The direct is the same thing we do now like bringing the freight into the customers garage. Now the premium is full service where the driver will have to bring the freight into the house. They’re also going to have a helper with you on those not sure if it’s a dock worker or another driver. But there’s a whole list of things we have to bring now to those premium delivery’s.

1. Tyvek Suit
2. Pledge multi wipes
3. Safety glasses
4. Kick stops
6. LED work light
7. Tape measure
8. Dolly wheel booties
9. Gerber multi tool
10. Cordless vacuum
13. Shoe booties
14. Dude body wipes
15. Hand truck

They said that this isn’t even all of it and at the moment they are unsure if they want to offer a service where drivers then set up whatever the customer ordered after delivery or have a contractor do it. Also unsure if we will do stairs or not so it’s first floor only at the moment. There is a lot more to it though as this starts next week and they continue to add things to it.

They are adding a 28' pup behind the box truck in order to transport the necessary
equipment.

I hope this is a job people can bid on. Like we have road drivers. City drivers and then whatever you want to call this. If this is something all city drivers have to do then they might lose alot of people. I for one dont want to be a furniture delivery man that not only has alot of routes with alot of stops but i have to set it up for you too.

Might be a bunch of non CDL holding,contractors. You know. Like the ones on the trucking accident thread that hit 10 ft overpasses? Look how XPO does it....

I hope this is a job people can bid on. Like we have road drivers. City drivers and then whatever you want to call this. If this is something all city drivers have to do then they might lose alot of people. I for one dont want to be a furniture delivery man that not only has alot of routes with alot of stops but i have to set it up for you too.

At my service center they just give you the keys to the box truck along with your delivery receipts, don’t have a choice and it doesn’t matter where you are on seniority because I have seen everyone from top to bottom do it. Except for the female drivers for some reason. But I don’t get how we went from a threshold only to we’re going into your house. I don’t see this lasting long it’s only a matter of time before the company gets sued because of damage.

Why don’t they just let the drivers do their job and deliver the freight to the garage and then have a team of dockworkers show up to carry it in and assemble...no wait, scratch that, BAD IDEA...I can see them now trying to drive a forklift up an aluminum handicap ramp to get an 80lb piece of freight inside the house!!

Why don’t they just let the drivers do their job and deliver the freight to the garage and then have a team of dockworkers show up to carry it in and assemble...no wait, scratch that, BAD IDEA...I can see them now trying to drive a forklift up an aluminum handicap ramp to get an 80lb piece of freight inside the house!!

I hear they are adding a dromedary box on the pup for Red's golf cart.

1. Tyvek Suit
2. Pledge multi wipes
3. Safety glasses
4. Kick stops
6. LED work light
7. Tape measure
8. Dolly wheel booties
9. Gerber multi tool
10. Cordless vacuum
13. Shoe booties
14. Dude body wipes
15. Hand truck

Customers only want free shipping now. They're not going to pay for this ::shit::.

What will happen is the shipper will promise "white glove delivery" included in the free shipping price, then send it through FXF to see if we'll actually do it without billing for it. We'll end-up doing it while working to bill the shipper.

Whole lot of work for no payoff.

This is why I would never want to be a city driver. I might be put out of work by robots before city drivers, but there is not enough money in the world for me to break my back delivering TV's and exercise bikes to people's houses. If I wanted to be a mover, I'd work for a moving company.

They are trying to compete with xpo final mile. Won’t work. Fxf has too many older drivers to compete with the vastly younger xpo drivers. Xpo knew what they were doing running off older drivers with cams and nutty discipline

1. Tyvek Suit
2. Pledge multi wipes
3. Safety glasses
4. Kick stops
6. LED work light
7. Tape measure
8. Dolly wheel booties
9. Gerber multi tool
10. Cordless vacuum
13. Shoe booties
14. Dude body wipes
15. Hand truck

Where you located op? Just wondering what center is the test dummy for this disaster.

They are trying to compete with xpo final mile. Won’t work. Fxf has too many older drivers to compete with the vastly younger xpo drivers. Xpo knew what they were doing running off older drivers with cams and nutty discipline
See, I don't believe this will make any money. Shippers will NEVER quote what it will cost for "white glove service" unless it's actually built into the price.

And carriers will never make any money unless they can put it on a Class B truck with a couple of $15hr workers to lug up and down stairs and install.

And I say that KNOWING they will run off all their CDL-A drivers if they even attempt to do this.

See, I don't believe this will make any money. Shippers will NEVER quote what it will cost for "white glove service" unless it's actually built into the price.

And carriers will never make any money unless they can put it on a Class B truck with a couple of $15hr workers to lug up and down stairs and install.

And I say that KNOWING they will run off all their CDL-A drivers if they even attempt to do this.
Sure they will make money at it... These companies know that most people do not have the patience,know how, or a way to get it to their home. And the big one! They can sit on their lazy butt on the couch and order it delivered,and set up,and record the whole event on Facebook so they can show everybody!