Fedex Driver Fatally Shoots Suspect During Armed Robbery In Northeast Philadelphia (pa)

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.”

Frederick Douglass, famed civil rights leader in 1867, in response to post-Civil War segregation laws

“When a government controls both the economic power of individuals and the coercive power of the state...this violates a fundamental rule of happy living: Never let the people with all the money and the people with all the guns be the same people.”

P. J. O'Rourke

The End of Civil Society in the United States
The big takeaway is that in the United States, civil society has declined. While the blame cannot entirely be laid at the feet of big government and big business (individual actors are involved), there is strong evidence to suggest that the crisis in American civil society is driven primarily by the welfare state and government policies favoring deindustrialization, financialization and centralization of the economy.

There is a reinforcing quality about the destruction of civil society. As the size of big government and big business increases, they become more capable of taking greater power. Smaller communities become increasingly reliant upon each, making it harder to resist further growth and greater disempowerment. It’s a vicious downward spiral.

So what’s the solution for a concerned individual or family? It’s not political. Instead, the best one can do to counteract these trends are to become as financially independent as possible, make durable local connections in the community, and learn to think critically in order to insulate oneself from the more pernicious effects of social decay and the power of the state.

sam.png

Written by
Sam Jacobs

We had the same policy, our safety man said,"Keep your mouth shut, and no one will know"

Sounds similar to a boss I had in the past...

If you want to do your own thing ? Feel free to start your own business. If your dissatisfied with my rules and regs ? Punch out and don't let the door hit ya in the ass

Sounds similar to a boss I had in the past...

If you want to do your own thing ? Feel free to start your own business. If your dissatisfied with my rules and regs ? Punch out and don't let the door hit ya in the ass
The last company that told me that, regretted it. I walked out and never looked back. During the next 45 days, 6 other drivers walked because of that same statement. They closed up 8 months later.

WHY?

by Bob Knutson, RMC, USN, (Ret.)
[email protected]

They come from the farms, the plains, the river bottoms, the great cities and some from mountain towns "small enough to be sent for by mail".

From the windswept, rocky shores of Maine to the sun-washed beaches of California. The humidity of south Florida to the arid climes of Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. From the Gulf coast and the land of 10,000 lakes. North, South, East and West and all points in between. From all across the broad sweep of America, they bid their farewells to family and friends and begin what may be the greatest adventure of their lives.

Why? Why do these young men and women, aglow with the flush of emerging adulthood, filled with the hope and promise of the future, abandon hearth and home to embark on a journey that could easily project them into eternity?

The reasons are as varied as the colors of their hair and skins. The rangy Texan wants to sail the seven seas. The young black man from New York City dreams of being one of "The few, the Proud". A young Georgia belle wants to earn money for college to pursue her dream of becoming a doctor, She can get a head start by being a medical technician in the Air Force. The San Franciscan wishes to break away from his strict traditional Chinese background and "see the world". The list goes on and on.

The one reason none of them will probably give is to "Serve their Country". Yet, that basic urge to serve is always there. These are not ordinary youth, looking for an easy life and instant gratification. These are the cream of America's young people, born to freedom, raised in an era of unbounded opportunity and nurtured on the tales of patriotism, courage and sacrifice that have always been the legacy of a free people.

So, they gather in the training centers. They quickly learn to function as a unit, not as individuals. They develop an "Espirit de Corps" that sustains them. They become riflemen, seaman, technicians, soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines.

A few fail. That is the human condition. Most do their three or four year hitch and move on to follow their dreams elsewhere. Some find a "Home" in the service and go on to become SEALS, Rangers, Green Berets, Top Sargeants, Chiefs. A very select few even rise to command. All those who stay become teachers, passing the benefit of their experience and training on to the younger people coming behind them.

Do they become wealthy? Not so anyone could notice. Do they find glory? Rarely. Do they become world leaders. The fingers of one hand would be enough to count those who have done so. DO THEY SERVE THEIR COUNTRY? In more ways than I could begin to list here.

They do not pledge "Their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor" as did those who signed the Declaration of Independence. Even so, they are out there every day, giving of their youth and talent to uphold the same ideals.

As we celebrate this 225th anniversary of our independence, take pride in the parades, enjoy the barbeques, thrill to the fireworks that light up the evening skies. While you're at it, though, take just a moment to remember these young Americans from all walks of life who defend and protect the spirit of liberty that was first proclaimed on July 4th, 1776.

Bob Knutson, RMC, USN, (Ret.)

“America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.”
― Claire Wolfe

I'm guessing the fed x driver has some splaining to do back at the yard ....

FedEx's policy prohibits employees from having firearms or weapons on company property, in company vehicles or in company buildings, unless authorized by FedEx security. ... Importantly, researchers have found that homicides are five to seven times more likely at workplaces that permit firearms.Sep 8, 2015
I carried when I was a outside auto parts saleman, a beer delivery man, drive for Green Arrow Motor Express, Peterson Produce, some juke joint trucking company in Farmer City Illinois, CTI, local ltl, CTI OTR, Saia Motor Freight, Merita Bread, 30 days, Grunt and Strain, local dump truck, and ABHW Concrete, hauling cement, sand, or rock. It's like American Express. Don't leave home without it. Some of these jobs only lasted 30 days and some a few years. Peterson Produce was absolutely the best job I've ever had. But, I'm retired and ABHW let's me do as I please, provided they don't run out of sand. Last summer, me a the boss were dragging on old concrete truck outta the woods, for parts, and ran up on a slithery fiend. Boss said, Hold still I'll get a stick. I said, go ahead, then I said BANG!!!! I'm not sure who jumped the most. The boss or the snake. No more problems with that snake. Come to think of it,that might be why I have the run of the joint.

“America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.”
― Claire Wolfe
“Foolish liberals who are trying to read the Second Amendment out of the Constitution by claiming it's not an individual right or that it's too much of a safety hazard don’t see the danger of the big picture. They're courting disaster by encouraging others to use the same means to eliminate portions of the Constitution they don't like.”

Alan Dershowitz, Professor of Law at Harvard Law School

Life is it TRUE???
“If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of criminal acts reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- that they must sweep under the rug the southern attempts at gun control in the 1870-1910 period, the northeastern attempts in the 1920-1939 period, the attempts at both Federal and State levels in 1965-1976 -- establishes the repeated, complete and inevitable failure of gun laws to control serious crime.”

Senator Orrin Hatch

Anyone that thinks the government should confiscate our guns, should do quick Google search on the American Indians.

Reactions: Why