FedEx Freight | FedEx driver kidnapped 7-year-old Texas girl who was found dead Friday, officials say

joe bucker

No participation trophies here
Credits

Looks like a winner.

Hey Raj and Fred is this what you want from your contract help that is your great business model? :fingure:

You worry about company image, how is that working out for you.

Last edited:
I'm trying to understand the hatred towards fedex of people who continue to work here.
Gary Ridgeway worked for Kenworth...are they to blame for that psychopath?

Wanna drive for ground? No problem, all you need is a pulse. No background check or interview necessary to become a contractor driver.

Our ground contractor delivery driver wears a golds gym sleeveless shirt, pair of running shorts, backwards hat and slides slippers on his delivery route meanwhile we had a dockworker wear a non uniform FedEx hat on the dock and was told to take it off or be sent home. No joke!

Can you imagine a customer seeing this from FedEx every day?

Fedex Ground’s addiction to cheap get-what-you-pay-for contractors has created an image problem for the company as a whole.

Let's see, do you remember the point system that went towards tickets or accidents? You could get fired unless you were over the amount when implemented you could keep your job that was ok. Let's remember how people oriented that fdx was when they got people to transfer all over the country for the economy side of freight and then closed it down and would not let the people transfer back to where they came from.
Now why don't we talk about image, tuck in your shirt, your shoes have white line on them your out of uniform!

They are so image conscious that is why the wheels on our trailers are so rusty you have to hit them with a hammer to see if they will hold together. The rusty light boxes on the old west trailers they won't fix until the lights completely fall out.

Policy starts at the top, all I can say is karma is a bitch.

Wanna drive for ground? No problem, all you need is a pulse. No background check or interview necessary to become a contractor driver.

Ground performs the same background check freight does. FedEx freight does employ drivers with a criminal record. I work with people that have felony records and have spoken to shuttle drivers from other centers that also have felony records.

The guy arrested for this did not have a criminal record.

Ground performs the same background check freight does. FedEx freight does employ drivers with a criminal record. I work with people that have felony records and have spoken to shuttle drivers from other centers that also have felony records.

Record or not doesn't make this situation any better. Who cares if he didn't have a record.

Record or not doesn't make this situation any better. Who cares if he didn't have a record.

I didn't say it makes it better. My point is the idea that this wouldn't have happened if there weren't contractors isn't true. FedEx determines who a contractor can hire and that background check is the same regardless of it being freight or ground.

He was engaged. I guess the marriage is off? Lot of mental illness out there, it wasn't always like this. I don't know that there's much we can do about it.

He was engaged. I guess the marriage is off? Lot of mental illness out there, it wasn't always like this. I don't know that there's much we can do about it.
Mental institutions were hell holes back in the day but they kept people with mental disorders out of the general population for the most part. When the mental hospitals were closed down those folks were pretty much left on their own and are amongst us now. I you don't believe me just read some of the posts on TB. :hide::438:

Mental institutions were hell holes back in the day but they kept people with mental disorders out of the general population for the most part. When the mental hospitals were closed down those folks were pretty much left on their own and are amongst us now. I you don't believe me just read some of the posts on TB. :hide::438:
Right again! Not even a joke. Money was set aside and most of those folks got the treatment they needed. Abuse, yes , but again you get what you pay for. That money for those places is still out there but the institutions are not. Wonder where that money went!

I didn't say it makes it better. My point is the idea that this wouldn't have happened if there weren't contractors isn't true. FedEx determines who a contractor can hire and that background check is the same regardless of it being freight or ground.
I will say this, having retired from the Evil Empire, FXF. The last yard I worked out of had a supervisor and ft dockworker go away for many, many years for everything but the murder. Two completely different ethnicities. Different pay rates, etc. Shocking, these folks are all around us.

Bottom line it's just sad! This evil SOB killed a little child! Why? Because he's evil! Death penalty! Anything less is not justice! Evil is getting worse all over this country because they either get away with it or don't get punished accordingly! Walk a couple behind the jail and pop a cap in their forehead and this won't happen as much!

Prayers to the family.

You wouldn’t have that at ABF, I have no clue what kind of background check they perform? But it’s nothing like ABF does.

You wouldn’t have that at ABF, I have no clue what kind of background check they perform? But it’s nothing like ABF does.

I'm not entirely sure, honestly. I know it's driver record and work history, but I'm not sure what's disqualifying regarding criminal history.

This might come as a surprise to some of you, but I have yet to see a Freight driver walk on water, heal the blind, or raise the dead.

This is a horrific crime that was committed by an evil monster and the first thing some of you want to do, not just on this site but on the Facebook group also, is to climb on your self righteous high horse and cast your eyes down upon everyone that happens to work for a different opco, as though that little girl would be any less dead if this sick f**k had a few shirts that still had red “Ex” lettering on the logo. I’ve got plenty of those shirts. They don’t mean anything to me except a paycheck, not some higher moral stance.

Some of you are really stupid.

Last edited: