FedEx Freight | FedEx driver kidnapped 7-year-old Texas girl who was found dead Friday, officials say

I'm not entirely sure, honestly. I know it's driver record and work history, but I'm not sure what's disqualifying regarding criminal history.

You wouldn’t have that at ABF, I have no clue what kind of background check they perform? But it’s nothing like ABF does.
Then why isn't ABF as successful as Fed Ex?
It can be said ABF the best of union carriers, but look at their competition?
FedEx Freight is almost 3 times the size of ABF's LTL operation.
This is a one off situation, generalizing about an entire company is silly.
It's like saying all union drivers are lazy.

Thanks for clearing up that matter.
I wouldn't want my neighbors putting me in that class.

A month later, good response time Puffy. Your making absolutely no sense (as usual) Fed ex may haul more but is it probable?

FedEx Freight​

FedEx Freight is the largest less-than-truckload (LTL) freight carrier in the US, reporting US$8.9 billion in revenue for 2021,[26] and operates LTL and other freight services in the US and Canada. The unit was formed in 2002 when FedEx bought regional US LTL carrier American Freightways(AF) and established FedEx Freight as a parent company for AF, renamed FedEx Freight East, and FedEx's existing regional LTL subsidiary, Viking Freight, renamed FedEx Freight West. Viking had been a Caliber subsidiary when Caliber was acquired by FedEx in 1998. FedEx bought Lakeland, Florida-based national LTL carrier Watkins Motor Lines in 2006 and renamed it FedEx National LTL. All three operated as an independent subsidiaries of FedEx Freight[27] until January 2010 when they were merged with their parent to form a single entity, FedEx Freight Inc.[28] The unit is the parent of:
FedEx Freight Canada: Formerly Watkins Canada Express, the Canadian services of Watkins Motor Lines.

In April 2015, FedEx acquired their rival firm TNT Express for €4.4 billion ($4.8 billion; £3.2 billion) as it looked to expand their operations in Europe.

It is called “acquisitions” there Puffy. Bigger does not necessarily mean better. Just look at what Zollars did to five once great freight companies by buying them and merging them all together. Roadway used to be biggest, and NewPenn as well as Holland used to be considered the best regional carriers to work for.
Trying to be bigger is one of the reasons that Southwest Airlines is in the the situation they are now facing.

FedEx Freight​

FedEx Freight is the largest less-than-truckload (LTL) freight carrier in the US, reporting US$8.9 billion in revenue for 2021,[26] and operates LTL and other freight services in the US and Canada. The unit was formed in 2002 when FedEx bought regional US LTL carrier American Freightways(AF) and established FedEx Freight as a parent company for AF, renamed FedEx Freight East, and FedEx's existing regional LTL subsidiary, Viking Freight, renamed FedEx Freight West. Viking had been a Caliber subsidiary when Caliber was acquired by FedEx in 1998. FedEx bought Lakeland, Florida-based national LTL carrier Watkins Motor Lines in 2006 and renamed it FedEx National LTL. All three operated as an independent subsidiaries of FedEx Freight[27] until January 2010 when they were merged with their parent to form a single entity, FedEx Freight Inc.[28] The unit is the parent of:
FedEx Freight Canada: Formerly Watkins Canada Express, the Canadian services of Watkins Motor Lines.

In April 2015, FedEx acquired their rival firm TNT Express for €4.4 billion ($4.8 billion; £3.2 billion) as it looked to expand their operations in Europe.

It is called “acquisitions” there Puffy. Bigger does not necessarily mean better. Just look at what Zollars did to five once great freight companies by buying them and merging them all together. Roadway used to be biggest, and NewPenn as well as Holland used to be considered the best regional carriers to work for.
Trying to be bigger is one of the reasons that Southwest Airlines is in the the situation they are now facing.
Steward you should know by now he’s never wrong… must have some extra time on his hands to grace us with his presence….

FedEx Freight​

FedEx Freight is the largest less-than-truckload (LTL) freight carrier in the US, reporting US$8.9 billion in revenue for 2021,[26] and operates LTL and other freight services in the US and Canada. The unit was formed in 2002 when FedEx bought regional US LTL carrier American Freightways(AF) and established FedEx Freight as a parent company for AF, renamed FedEx Freight East, and FedEx's existing regional LTL subsidiary, Viking Freight, renamed FedEx Freight West. Viking had been a Caliber subsidiary when Caliber was acquired by FedEx in 1998. FedEx bought Lakeland, Florida-based national LTL c

I guess they In all fairness, somebody has to be the biggest.
In my opinion FedEx actually wanted to be able to cover coast to coast not just parcel wise but freight wise as well.
The result brought all those truck lines together.
They wanted to put the pressure on UPS for overall transportation package
I couldn't tell you who's best, but as a nonunion ltl company I'd say our overall package is best.
I'd say ABF for the union side and nonunion for overall compensation.

I guess they In all fairness, somebody has to be the biggest.
In my opinion FedEx actually wanted to be able to cover coast to coast not just parcel wise but freight wise as well.
The result brought all those truck lines together.
They wanted to put the pressure on UPS for overall transportation package
I couldn't tell you who's best, but as a nonunion ltl company I'd say our overall package is best.
I'd say ABF for the union side and nonunion for overall compensation.
The post’s were not digs at Fed Ex. They were directed at Puff driver who goes on all the forums & stir the pot. Only problem with that is he’s usually wrong 99% of the time….