1. I need some pickup truck owners to visit my next project and help me get it off the ground by registering and posting a few pics and providing a little feedback and suggestions . Go to Truckingboards.net

YRC FEDEX Driver manual

Discussion in 'YRC Freight' started by yrctrucker, Nov 13, 2013.

1. yrctrucker

yrctrucker Member

Holly ****! I just read the FEDEX drivers manual, my pays going down by 50% when I have to go work there. Can`t we organize these guys???:wtflol:

2. smitty

smitty Member

If you say so..

3. northern freighthog

northern freighthog Active Member

How does your pay go down? Are you going to work at Fedx?
    :1sm057crazy:

4. lazylarry

lazylarry Active Member

Down 50 % .......really ? HHmmmm........Id have to see that I guess. I wish there was a FXF near where I live, I'd be applying.

5. GMAN

GMAN Active Member

We're ok without your organizing help.

6. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Well-Known Member

So you make $1.24 a mile then? The manual doesn't mention amount of pay so I'm curious how you get a 50% figure. Fedex could be
    organized but with Hoffa Jr. at the helm I find it very unlikely, but then again if he would have spent more time organizing instead of
    campaigning for Obama who knows what could have been.

7. Twice Pipes

Twice Pipes Well-Known Member

I'm wondering which Fedex drivers manual your talking about. Express, Ground or Freight. With all the problems YRC is having now, maybe you should concentrate your efforts in resolving YRC's problems, and not trying to organize someone else.

8. roadway77

roadway77 Well-Known Member

Personally i think the shrinking union presence is a bad thing since dereg, the industry as a whole is slowy getting paid less. O/o , tl, ltl all of it . What were wages back 30 some years then adjust for inflation. Has it gone up or down? We have our probs but the root cause is less and less worker protection. Hoffa brought alot of people from poverty wages to good middle class wages in 64. Also indirectly too. If u dont think its possible to get close to or about poverty wages in the country with trucking just hang on it might just get there.

If it does then people will want unions , the all the old guys will say why didnt we do this earlier.

There playin us very well

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  9. yrc-atm

yrc-atm commodities relocator

Fred had them terrified. They don't pee till fred says its ok

10. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Well-Known Member

Is that sort of like being made to vote repeatedly under threat till you vote yes like Hoffa Jr., Hall and co. say you better? Just curious.

11. GO40

GO40 Well-Known Member

Driver Since:
    Did you work for roadway at one time?

12. $outh$side $tre$$

$outh$side $tre$$ Well-Known Member

If you look at the WHOLE PACKAGE then ya union outfits make alot more. so figure how much u pay for your health bennys at fred, and pension contrbutions vs YOU putting your own money in your 401K. And im probley right when i say LTL UNION SCALE is higher then what fred pays you. I was wondering if you have a 21:30 hook time, but ur hook isnt ready, do you get paid while you sit in the drivers room twidling your thumbs?

13. yrc-atm

yrc-atm commodities relocator

Sort of like when fred says that freight you hauled yesterday will be pulled by usa truck today. Stay home.

14. slider

slider The Purple Promise

South Side we also have a portable pension that fedex puts 6% of my gross into the plan. That's my money if I quit unlike central states if the company closes it's not my money. Before tell me how much your pension is worth I have 14 yrs in central states fund.

15. GO40

GO40 Well-Known Member

Driver Since:
    If you were in the rip plan that money is yours & you can transfer it into another plan like a vanguard or prudential ect.

16. cbh5667

cbh5667 Active Member

At least the Fed Ex boys know their company is still going to be there. I would rather have that than a constant threat of your job going down the drain and the YRC mgmt. asking for constant give backs!!!

17. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY Coop Dispatch Hat Distribution Manager

Driver Since:
    Actually, they get paid to hook their own setso they do not have to twiddle their thumbs. Fedex hourly in the Chicago area is around 24.76 per hour. Have 2 friends working there at Chi. Hts.

18. ABFer

ABFer I live Here

That RIP Plan is Central Pa and Central Pa only.

19. GO40

GO40 Well-Known Member

Driver Since:
    Your right, I hope they go back to it..... It would get rid of a lot of problems...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

Driver Since:
    Maybe you should direct your anger at the proper channels instead of posting inflammatory nonsense at your fellow drivers next time. It comes off petty and childish. Comments like that don't do much to persuade your fellow drivers at FedEx to want to organize, which I might point out, would greatly improve your bargaining power at YRC should you survive.