FedEx Freight | Fedex Express RTD Info

Csdsm18

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello I'm new to this forum and rarely ever see anything about fedex express trucking side. Ive been with express going on 4yrs in October, I just transferred into the trucking side as they paid for schooling and all that good stuff. I'm curious to see if any senior people are on this forum and ask few questions about it. As in are you making a decent living off of it, how are your benefits, portable pension, 401k? Thanks.

Hello I'm new to this forum and rarely ever see anything about fedex express trucking side. Ive been with express going on 4yrs in October, I just transferred into the trucking side as they paid for schooling and all that good stuff. I'm curious to see if any senior people are on this forum and ask few questions about it. As in are you making a decent living off of it, how are your benefits, portable pension, 401k? Thanks.

I don’t think there is any RTD’s on here. I have a good friend who is one. If you have some specific questions send me a PM with them please.

Im a ramp transport driver on the express side, out of Atlanta.. you not gonna make any money.. if you full time bring home will be close too $650 to $750 thats near the middle of the pay Scale.. Most of the route's are plan for 38 hrs and below

It will take you 12 years too top out for this reason i would not stay here more then a year too get your experience and move on too a ltl trucking company and top out in 3 years..

Portable pension is decent fedex contributed 4k a year.. 401k fedex match anything you put in..

The work is easy.. on the A.M side you will stage a trailer at a customer location for the P.M driver too pick up.. Return back tooo the airport after your trailer drop and hook up too a loaded trailer with container full of Packages Delivered it to a local station... On the P.M side its other way around.. you will do some heavyweight delivery if its included in your route..

Yea that's what I'm thinking. I just wanna know what kind of hours they are running. Are they top rate after 3 or 4yrs, also what is top rate in the Philadelphia region? Do drivers work the docks or do they just drive?

Yea that's what I'm thinking. I just wanna know what kind of hours they are running. Are they top rate after 3 or 4yrs, also what is top rate in the Philadelphia region? Do drivers work the docks or do they just drive?
Been with FedEx Express ( RTD Atlanta)4 years, top pay is $30.78, problem is takes 10 years to top out, new director (big boss) trying to limit hours, cut out overtime

Every Express trucker I've talked to complains about it. Move to Freight, your time with company will transfer, top out in 3 years and make more money. With overtime.

Are the type of hours just about the same as Express? New guys usually work overnight? Do the drivers work the docks too or do they just bump docks and other workers off load the freight? Also what's the pay system like, hourly, mileage? Thanks again

Are the type of hours just about the same as Express? New guys usually work overnight? Do the drivers work the docks too or do they just bump docks and other workers off load the freight? Also what's the pay system like, hourly, mileage? Thanks again
Completely depends on the operation for both.
If you get on at a big hub/break bulk operation, you can could be hired as a driver, but not actually drive for a decade. You'd be on nights/early AM driving a lift

Flipside, if you catch a smaller operation in the middle of a hiring blitz, you could go straight to a city driving job (about $28hr) or a road driving job paying 67cpm.

You'd need to contact an operations Mgr, and ask him specifically, where you'd end up. Hopefully, he will shoot you straight.

Overall, when I transfered from FxE to FxF, it was the best decision I made. There was absolutely NOTHING I missed about Express.

I’ll also add that with the current driver shortage, at the break bulks/hubs you’ll be hired straight into local p&d...probably with a later start time doing swap outs and what not. At some of our end of line centers they’re looking to hire road drivers off the street...that will probably include driving a short/medium distance at night and driving a forklift at the hub.

I’ll also add that with the current driver shortage, at the break bulks/hubs you’ll be hired straight into local p&d...probably with a later start time doing swap outs and what not. At some of our end of line centers they’re looking to hire road drivers off the street...that will probably include driving a short/medium distance at night and driving a forklift at the hub.

And caddy for Red on weekends could be a plus.

Do they hire new cdl drivers or do they want experience? I have about 3 months.
Given the need, I'm sure your experience is adequate.

FxF is more concerned with your endorsements.
Double, tripples, tanker, Haz Mat.

If you don't have those, they wont even consider you. I had to get my tripples endorsement, coming from Express,