FedEx Freight | FedEx Freight Chief Says Transportation System Is Headed for Gridlock

They left out his best quote. "But all those shortcomings in the transportation infrastructure will be mitigated as long as there's room for Just One More on the train."

Like how he mentions that airline pilots can choose their own routes to save time...but god forbid we call central to go 12 miles out our way to get the freight to where it has to be than having it sit on the road in a jam for 2 hours and central tells us to stay on route!

Like how he mentions that airline pilots can choose their own routes to save time...but god forbid we call central to go 12 miles out our way to get the freight to where it has to be than having it sit on the road in a jam for 2 hours and central tells us to stay on route!

pilots cant just randomly choose routes, doesn't work like that.

Yep, every time they give a speech, we just shrug and say whatever.
What position were you thinking of?

The one you keep volunteering to take for the Teamsters: "Yes master, may I pay you for the privilege of another screwing!"

The difference between being union and being non-union is simple in this day and age: Teamsters pay to get screwed.

ST

That's some funny stuff.

Actually, there's nothing funny about it...for some reason, only unionized carriers have "Bad Management" that runs the company into the ground. While I disagree with lots of things this company does, at least we turn a profit. I've said many times, I'd rather work under the old western business model. Sadly, all the companies are abandoning it, except for YRC and ABF, and they both pay substandard wages and little or no pension, in the case of YRC. Before you go all OD on me, they're in the process of putting their own containers on trains...imagine that...following FedEx's lead....with a slightly smarter twist that containers can be double stacked, thus saving on the cost of trains....

There's nothing to like about this industry anymore...it uses up people and then Obama fires them for failing Body Mass Index tests or for the fact the job destroys your body...to the younger drivers here: Save as much as you can in the 401k as early as you can...then you can retire early like RC.

ST

Actually, there's nothing funny about it...for some reason, only unionized carriers have "Bad Management" that runs the company into the ground. While I disagree with lots of things this company does, at least we turn a profit. I've said many times, I'd rather work under the old western business model. Sadly, all the companies are abandoning it, except for YRC and ABF, and they both pay substandard wages and little or no pension, in the case of YRC. Before you go all OD on me, they're in the process of putting their own containers on trains...imagine that...following FedEx's lead....with a slightly smarter twist that containers can be double stacked, thus saving on the cost of trains....

There's nothing to like about this industry anymore...it uses up people and then Obama fires them for failing Body Mass Index tests or for the fact the job destroys your body...to the younger drivers here: Save as much as you can in the 401k as early as you can...then you can retire early like RC.

ST

Little pension ABF still gets over 8 bucks a hour in the pension. Plus they make just as much as we do per mile. Figure in the free medical and they make more than we do.

This company isn't well run,its just like the Government.They bend over a dollar to pick up a dime. Don't give them too much credit.

pilots cant just randomly choose routes, doesn't work like that.
Actually they can....before their flight they create a flight plan which they can choose which aviation beacons to plan their flight. They are able to chose their own flight paths to go with the jet stream or to avoid storms or a more direct route or a route with less congestion.

Actually they can....before their flight they create a flight plan which they can choose which aviation beacons to plan their flight. They are able to chose their own flight paths to go with the jet stream or to avoid storms or a more direct route or a route with less congestion.

key word random..Im all most done with the Private Pilots license..There are many constraints, like you said with the jetstream and stuff. So its not willy nilly.

But when they encounter something enroute and need to deviate from their original flight plan, they get immediate response from ATC. They don't sit on hold listening to some God-awful safety message until it's too late to alter course (or highway).