FedEx Freight | FedEx Freight Chief Says Transportation System Is Headed for Gridlock

But when they encounter something enroute and need to deviate from their original flight plan, they get immediate response from ATC. They don't sit on hold listening to some God-awful safety message until it's too late to alter course (or highway).

No, I'm sure the ATC tells them they will just have to sit there and wait until the air opens back up again.

It's all about the freight getting there on time until you need to take an alternate route to get the freight there somewhat on time, then it doesn't matter how late the freight is, just sit there. They have a code to use that will make the numbers look good.

If you don't like it, refer to article 15, it's in there???:regretful:

And be darned glad you HAVE a 401.k instead of that union pension. As union membership goes south, so goes the pension. I'm SO glad I had a 401.k plan instead of a union (or even a company) pension because I was in charge of it - and it's always been MY money. Any pension these days is in jeopardy. Besides, saving to take care of yourself is what OUR parents did. It's just RIGHT. Well, according to ME anyway...

Look at all these 'golden' state pensions that are getting cut back now because states just don't HAVE the money to pay them, regardless of 'contracts'. The fed is the only one who can print money up out of thin air (which they are doing at breakneck speed NOW). In my last two years working (I just retired last August 30th) I was putting 40% in my 401.k even though the company quit matching years ago (Reddaway). Wife was too. We're not rich by any stretch, but I think we will make it. It helps to be a bit cheap - ha.