FedEx Freight | fedex freight losing money?

stern nation

TB Lurker
Credits
first of all this merger things does make total sense. The thing i dont understand is why fed ex has been hiring and reconfiguring line haul at fed ex national. they claim to be losing money well duh, how much money was spent on background checks and physicals for drivers who will no longer be with this company.plus we spent millions renting trucks to get thru the reconfiguration. basically we should have used a temp service because thats what they basically have done.We have basically rented are own drivers just so we can lay them off after they have left other opportunities to come be a part of this joke

for those who were unemployed, they had really nothing to lose getting hired but those who went to work here that left a good job to do so I feel sorry for those people.

for those who were unemployed, they had really nothing to lose getting hired but those who went to work here that left a good job to do so I feel sorry for those people.

Yes Jeff, I talked a friend into quitting a good job to come to FXF two months ago. I feel like a idiot now. I think they could have said dont quit a decent job, we might be losing work or something, hell, there good at lying about everything else???

I was hired at fedex national 2 months back quit a job to come here ,now you cannot tell me they did not know what was going to happen,they do not care the only thing they where concerned about is moving their freight.
xcsp

Imagine that. A TRUCKING COMPANY only caring about moving the freight. FedEx is not here for your amusement or your personal benefit. They'll do what they think is best for the company first. If what they do benefits the employees too, that's just gravy. That being said, I also think that FedEx is doing the same wrong things that so many other companies have done. Try early retirement for the older drivers first. Then figure out how many drivers you NEED and how many you have and then offer a cash buyout to anyone that wants it. Then start any layoffs that need to be done. After the first two itens, I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't need to layoff many if any drivers. But what do I know, I'm just a dumb 25 year veteran of the trucking business who has seen companies come and go.

Yes Jeff, I talked a friend into quitting a good job to come to FXF two months ago. I feel like a idiot now. I think they could have said dont quit a decent job, we might be losing work or something, hell, there good at lying about everything else???

You too, eh? I did the same thing. :duh: If they are fortunate enough to even keep a job, (not very likely) it will be doing a double or triple West Memphis turn out of Memphis, and working the dock for the remainder of a 12 hour tour. Before anyone takes a buy out, there will be 100 line haul jobs lost between Freight and National in this area. :(

:duh:
first of all this merger things does make total sense. The thing i dont understand is why fed ex has been hiring and reconfiguring line haul at fed ex national. they claim to be losing money well duh, how much money was spent on background checks and physicals for drivers who will no longer be with this company.plus we spent millions renting trucks to get thru the reconfiguration. basically we should have used a temp service because thats what they basically have done.We have basically rented are own drivers just so we can lay them off after they have left other opportunities to come be a part of this joke

It made total sense,had YRC fell......they didn't!:Emoticon_digging:

:duh:

It made total sense,had YRC fell......they didn't!:Emoticon_digging:

I am not predicting anything or wishing for anything but YRC still has an extreme uphill battle ahead of them, they are not even close to being out of the woods yet.

Keep an eye on "who tranfers".. The older guys are probably not going to(older guys,being your 20 to 25 year guys)transfer..And the ones that have to commute farther won't..The new guys will,unless they can go back where they came from..Any company that merges,knows that they will lose employees..They have to have people to fill those slots that will be vacated at other facilities..What more of a financial benefit,than a new hire...Lower wages..No 4 weeks vacation yet...And will do anything to keep a job..New hires have families too..And they will do anything to provide,cause they probably came from being a chicken hauler and never knew that he could make such good money,driving a truck..This is far from being a joke,my freind...They will step in your spot in a heartbeat..For them,it's survival...