FedEx Freight | FedEx Freight Minimum Pay Guarantee and Bonuses

Tomer

Proud Trucker
Credits
Hey Guys -
I am considering a job in FedEx Freight (either city or road driver). Can anyone tell me (1) Does FedEx offer a minimum guaranteed miles or hours in a week? and (2) what additional pay or bonus on top of base per mile or per hour you get, for example incentive for on-time delivery, safe driving, etc. (3) Do they reimburse you for hotel, food, parking etc. ?

Last edited:
Hey Guys -
I am considering a job in FedEx Freight (either city or road driver). Can anyone tell me (1) Does FedEx offer a minimum guaranteed miles or hours in a week? and (2) what additional pay or bonus on top of base per mile or per hour you get, for example incentive for on-time delivery, safe driving, etc. (3) Do they reimburse you for hotel, food, parking etc. ?

Hi! And perhaps I can offer some incite. In answer to your questions, no, no and no. Take care

Hi! And perhaps I can offer some incite. In answer to your questions, no, no and no. Take care
Please excuse my very blunt friend there, even though he is correct.
There is no guarantee of work hours or miles.
There isn’t a safety payout like you were asking, but there is a long time safety prize at 20 years and at 25 years you get a trophy truck and $5000 (2017).
Lay down road run drivers get a motel and possible per diem but I’m not one so I’m not sure.

Thanks for the response Clandestine_ice and Big Dave. So, if a planned load is cancelled or if you are detained at a facility, you are on your own (i.e. FedEx won't compensate you for your time in these cases?)

99% of.the time you're out.and.back.same trip.
Not very many laydowns.
Weather,breakdown OR missed meet are for.the most part the only times,you'd go to bed.And.if.so.company.would pay for.it..
This.is.for.my area in.the midwest. Other area may be.different..

We’re currently busting at the seams with freight so your question should be, “Are they gonna work me to the max everyday?”...the answer to that question is yes. Do we pay time and a half over 8hrs for city...yes.

As for road, it all depends on the location but there’s currently plenty of work. If delayed, we get delay pay at our hourly rate...weather, freight not ready, meet driver late, etc. Laydowns are rare since we primarily run meet and turns or to a hub and back but in the event you are laid over, hotels are paid for by the company.

We do get an incentive bonus based on the overall performance of the company that’s paid out twice a year.

There isn’t a safety payout like you were asking, but there is a long time safety prize at 20 years and at 25 years you get a trophy truck and $5000 (2017).
Lay down road run drivers get a motel and possible per diem but I’m not one so I’m not sure.

It’s friday b4 vacation! Just letting loose lol

Hey Guys -
You might get a better idea on what to expect if you share the location you're interested in.

9A6PPCN.jpg

Dave, hope you don't mind if I show Clanedestine a pic of your "Trophy Truck"

No guarantees , rules change whenever , crappy TM's , don't talk to any lot back stabbers , shop guys are dopes. Just like any other company except it says FedEx Freight. Everything is subject to change.

Shop guys are dopes? .... I can see where your 4 likes come from, these guys should be your best friends.
I could leave at midnight in 10 deg. weather, my truck was running and warm, be nice to the shop guys.

not my shop , they give a crap.
As far as likes go I keep them at 0 Sir.
I am here not for your likes or anyone
else's likes , just like at FDX.

not my shop , they give a crap.
As far as likes go I keep them at 0 Sir.
I am here not for your likes or anyone
else's likes , just like at FDX.

Guess you won't be winning a popularity contest?
Really, our shop in Charl was tops, I'll admit some locations were a nightmare to deal with.