FedEx Freight | Fedex Freight Portable Pension

Did you read the entire article? Or just the part that alleges Wall Street wrong doing. Glad to see you're an illiterate Bozo.
I read the article and the first thing I noticed was at the very beginning of the title...”Opinion”!!

Then in the 4th paragraph it clearly says...”Unable to reverse a decades-long outflow of benefits payments over pension contributions...”

It was this decades long outflow of benefits over contributions that did the fund in...5 retirees taking out (mostly orphans) for every 1 contributed employee!! The billions provided by UPS’s exit strategy that was poorly invested in the market was just a proverbial hailmary for the fund....and just like the author of the article, that’s my opinion!!

It's no wonder I call you guys the clown crew what a joke. :poster stupid:

You're the clown. In 1974, a democrat "read communist" congress set up the union pensions to fail long term with "ERISA". The "Employee Retirement Income Security Act". The set up to fail in this bill was that it disallowed pension plans from building significant over funding to anticipate "Baby Boomers" retiring in mass. Instead, any time a fund was had a significant enough "nest egg" it had to bump up pensions to those retiring to wipe out the nest egg. Early 80's, a teamster pension was $1,000 a month or so, by 1990, it was easily double that or more, and clearly not sustainable when baby boomers started mass retirement under the "golden 85", which was also not sustainable long term. At that point, add in de-regulation, also a democrat law written by Teddy Kennedy and signed by Jimmy Carter, and the fix was in. The Teamsters have now lost their only selling point, by virtue of a pension doomed to fail by virtue of ERISA, and the deregulation that doomed many of the companies in the Multi-employer pension plans to failure.

I bet you still vote democrat despite having multiple knives in your back courtesy of their constant double crosses of labor.

ST

You're the clown. In 1974, a democrat "read communist" congress set up the union pensions to fail long term with "ERISA". The "Employee Retirement Income Security Act". The set up to fail in this bill was that it disallowed pension plans from building significant over funding to anticipate "Baby Boomers" retiring in mass. Instead, any time a fund was had a significant enough "nest egg" it had to bump up pensions to those retiring to wipe out the nest egg. Early 80's, a teamster pension was $1,000 a month or so, by 1990, it was easily double that or more, and clearly not sustainable when baby boomers started mass retirement under the "golden 85", which was also not sustainable long term. At that point, add in de-regulation, also a democrat law written by Teddy Kennedy and signed by Jimmy Carter, and the fix was in. The Teamsters have now lost their only selling point, by virtue of a pension doomed to fail by virtue of ERISA, and the deregulation that doomed many of the companies in the Multi-employer pension plans to failure.

I bet you still vote democrat despite having multiple knives in your back courtesy of their constant double crosses of labor.

ST

I'm sure some of the many bats that you beat the dead horse with contributed to the fail of multi employer pensions, but the fact remains the largest reason for the down falls of CSPF was the loss on stock market mentioned in the article I posted. I know your old and can't remember ::shit:: but I will remind you once again I am not a Democrat and never will be, just because I am pro union does not automatically mean I'm a Democrat. Nice try clown no. 2.

ST
Republicans gave huge tax breaks that are supposed to "trickle down:
Anybody really check on the portable pension we have i pay attention to it my account has not changed in 1.5 years i called to ask why and they keep giving me the run around!
Pension money was put in today

Not so fast... Jobs aplenty increase wages. Not because they want to, but because they have to.

Any company not sharing the windfall, is only able to get away with it because we (as a group) let them.

Agreed that's why our standard for drivers has went way down now we take almost any driver. When I started they were very picky about who they hired, but now they have to fill those empty positions they can't fill, heaven forbid they fix the GPD and give us a better benefits package though. They are pissing everyone off at my center right now by bringing back the 4 10's and pushing everyone's start time back. I remember the last time they did this a few years back what happened :scratchhead:

Any company not sharing the windfall, is only able to get away with it because we (as a group) let them.

Careful now, there's an ornery old man on here who'll be along to call you a Communist if you keep that up.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist."

Dom Hélder Câmara