FedEx Freight | Fedex freight raise

Biggest difference between FXF and OD is the task pay. Besides the dock work. I turned down an offer from OD because of the low task pay. I also couldn’t get a clear answer on being paid for waiting on freight from the TM. Seems at OD only way you can make the big bucks is running hard every night. I don’t want to run 600 a night. I’d rather run 450 and work the dock for an hour or 2. Plus I was told some locations ask drivers to work the dock……This was a Chicagoland location. Trucks are all 10 speeds at the place I applied at which I thought was cool. Until I thought about it when I was crawling thru traffic on 294 during morning rush hour. Well got a interview at my local public works facility next week. Big pay cut but a real pension and 7-3:30 shift M-F and all the OT when the snow is flying. End of rant.
Good luck. If it makes you happy that's all that matters.

How the hell are you making over $100k as a city driver?
Is that working 12hrs every day and taking an extra 600mi road run on Saturdays?
I gross 2100 a week working 12 hours a day. I volunteer for whatever I can take on Saturday, which is usually 400ish miles and that's an extra 350ish.

Ok believe it or not I'll try to be positive for once.

IF IF FedEx gets rid of the $150 spouse insurance charge every month, lowers deductibles some, and doesn't raise our insurance any I'll be ok with the raise.

I'll just deal with coming inflation and hope it goes away in a year. I know inflation is already here. Trust me it's gonna get alot worse before it gets better.

Maybe we can charge FedEx a peak inflation surcharge when it hits kinda like they are charging customers a peak surcharge.

O
Chicago area at 32.95 but i just talked to saia and OD driver and saia at 32.98 ot after 45 hours and Od said 33.70 with ot after 50 hours now, I don’t think we’re competing
OMG they are blowing us out!! Pretty sure Fedex pays OT after 40. However the great thing about our economic system is that if you aren’t happy with what is being provided you have the freedom to completely change your situation. Well I mean unless you are held back by institutional racism.

O

OMG they are blowing us out!! Pretty sure Fedex pays OT after 40. However the great thing about our economic system is that if you aren’t happy with what is being provided you have the freedom to completely change your situation. Well I mean unless you are held back by institutional racism.
Unless your place is different with their OT. Our OT is anything over 8/day

Biggest difference between FXF and OD is the task pay. Besides the dock work. I turned down an offer from OD because of the low task pay. I also couldn’t get a clear answer on being paid for waiting on freight from the TM. Seems at OD only way you can make the big bucks is running hard every night. I don’t want to run 600 a night. I’d rather run 450 and work the dock for an hour or 2. Plus I was told some locations ask drivers to work the dock……This was a Chicagoland location. Trucks are all 10 speeds at the place I applied at which I thought was cool. Until I thought about it when I was crawling thru traffic on 294 during morning rush hour. Well got a interview at my local public works facility next week. Big pay cut but a real pension and 7-3:30 shift M-F and all the OT when the snow is flying. End of rant.
Good luck

Already making sure our raise doesn't effect bottom line... lol

Actually the labor shortage is affecting their bottom line… Stock dropped 11.72 a share after the close. Freight rates are being raised 7.8 percent. Someone smarter than me tell me what the profit margin is on freight that doesn’t get picked up.

Worth knowing, excerpts from sneak preview.

ins---increase---2022.md.jpg

...with the recent resurgence of COVID-19, we have made the decision to tie the $100 HRA credit/HSA contribution to vaccines. It’s the single most important measure we can take to minimize the risk to our employees and customers. You (and your covered spouse) can earn an extra $100 to your HRA or HSA for 2022 by verifying you have had the COVID-19 vaccine. More on this later. In addition, for Bind-, Cigna-, and UHC-administered HRA medical plan option participants, FedEx will offer a one-time HRA credit of up to $500 that can be applied toward out-of-pocket costs incurred in 2022 for treating a breakthrough case of COVID-19. Proof of vaccination may be required. Look for more details coming soon!

Working spouse surcharge – If your spouse has access to medical insurance from their non-FedEx employer and you choose to cover them under the FedEx health plan, you will still be subject to a monthly $150 surcharge. If your spouse loses access to their own employer-provided medical coverage, that generally is considered a qualifying event, and you can add them as a covered dependent under the FedEx Corporation Group Health Plan without paying the $150 per month. If you don’t make an active medical election this year, your current spousal surcharge status will roll over as the default.

Actually the labor shortage is affecting their bottom line… Stock dropped 11.72 a share after the close. Freight rates are being raised 7.8 percent. Someone smarter than me tell me what the profit margin is on freight that doesn’t get picked up.
If we miss pickups then we can't damage the freight!