FedEx Freight | Fedex Freight starting pay as road driver. And any info

Brandonva804

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi I was interested in applying for a road driver position for Fedex Freight. Was wondering where does CPM start at and how much could I expect annually a year until I top out for my first year.

How much dock work is required and do we get weekends off?

Typical hours in a day you work as a road driver as well.

Hi I was interested in applying for a road driver position for Fedex Freight. Was wondering where does CPM start at and how much could I expect annually a year until I top out for my first year.

It depends where you live on pay I’m in Michigan our top pay is 32.22 hr and .7407 mile don’t know what starting pay is. Our shortest run is around 100 miles Toledo and our longest is JOT 600 miles so what you make is depending on bid most TOL drivers I was told they r around 100 k a year and longest runs somewhere around 145 k a year this all depends on if you want to make money and work dock some guys do as little as possible and some push for all dock time they can get. Hours you work again depends on run and how much your willing to work so anywhere from 11 a 14 hours hope this helps overall all companies have good points and bad most managers are pretty decent people to work with as most drivers I’ve been here for 17 years and I like working here

Also yes weekends off

3 years to top pay and I was told a lot of centers r starting new drivers at top pay to attract new drivers with shortages

It depends where you live on pay I’m in Michigan our top pay is 32.22 hr and .7407 mile don’t know what starting pay is. Our shortest run is around 100 miles Toledo and our longest is JOT 600 miles so what you make is depending on bid most TOL drivers I was told they r around 100 k a year and longest runs somewhere around 145 k a year this all depends on if you want to make money and work dock some guys do as little as possible and some push for all dock time they can get. Hours you work again depends on run and how much your willing to work so anywhere from 11 a 14 hours hope this helps overall all companies have good points and bad most managers are pretty decent people to work with as most drivers I’ve been here for 17 years and I like working here
I’m at Fedex Ground with almost two years experience. I make a sound $310 a a day which totals $1550 gross a week. I get weekends off and work 12 hours or less a day. Same hours everyday and get off same time everyday. I make about 82K-85K a year home daily. Peak season plays a part in that extra 2-5K to total 85K. We have trash health insurance with United healthcare but a good 401K. Would I be able to make 85K first year with freight if i’m a road driver. I don’t do any dock work now but I’m willing if it pays to reach 100K eventually.

I’m at Fedex Ground with almost two years experience. I make a sound $310 a a day which totals $1550 gross a week. I get weekends off and work 12 hours or less a day. Same hours everyday and get off same time everyday. I make about 82K-85K a year home daily. Peak season plays a part in that extra 2-5K to total 85K. We have trash health insurance with United healthcare but a good 401K. Would I be able to make 85K first year with freight if i’m a road driver. I don’t do any dock work now but I’m willing if it pays to reach 100K eventually.
Must work for a good contractor. Most don’t offer healthcare.

Well you pointed out the one issue I have here we have same health care, we were told Fedex is under contract for 3 years before they can change so 2 more years if our health care was what is was in past r gets better in future id have no issues with Fedex, but saying that overall Freight is a good place to work we r home every day and off weekends I hired in in 2005 at 17.43 hr and .46 mile I worked inbound and outbound dock to get 14hrs a day that’s a lot I know and I was grossing over 90k I’m on a 599 turn now and I’m a little over 140k don’t know what state r center that’s close to you but if you were at my center on a TOL bid with you would be is around 190 miles you would have option to work in and outbound dock you wouldn’t have to work anymore hours than you r now and you’d be well over 100k but that in your hands how much r little you want to make and work most TOL guys r cut most nights to run longer runs

Must work for a good contractor. Most don’t offer healthcare.
Also again you need to ask center your close to, but a lot of centers around country r hiring drivers in at full pay what state r you in and city we have 4 pay scales here we r at 2 highest paid area

Location is a significant factor for pay rates. The range is... significant.

B - $30.09/hr - .6864/mi
C - $31.54/hr - .7226/mi
D - $32.22/hr - .7407/mi
E - $32.95/hr - .7588/mi.
I didn’t know the range it’s Definitely significant thanks

Well you pointed out the one issue I have here we have same health care, we were told Fedex is under contract for 3 years before they can change so 2 more years if our health care was what is was in past r gets better in future id have no issues with Fedex, but saying that overall Freight is a good place to work we r home every day and off weekends I hired in in 2005 at 17.43 hr and .46 mile I worked inbound and outbound dock to get 14hrs a day that’s a lot I know and I was grossing over 90k I’m on a 599 turn now and I’m a little over 140k don’t know what state r center that’s close to you but if you were at my center on a TOL bid with you would be is around 190 miles you would have option to work in and outbound dock you wouldn’t have to work anymore hours than you r now and you’d be well over 100k but that in your hands how much r little you want to make and work most TOL guys r cut most nights to run longer runs
I’m in Hopewell, Va