FedEx Freight | Fedex Freight starting pay as road driver. And any info

It depends where you live on pay I’m in Michigan our top pay is 32.22 hr and .7407 mile don’t know what starting pay is. Our shortest run is around 100 miles Toledo and our longest is JOT 600 miles so what you make is depending on bid most TOL drivers I was told they r around 100 k a year and longest runs somewhere around 145 k a year this all depends on if you want to make money and work dock some guys do as little as possible and some push for all dock time they can get. Hours you work again depends on run and how much your willing to work so anywhere from 11 a 14 hours hope this helps overall all companies have good points and bad most managers are pretty decent people to work with as most drivers I’ve been here for 17 years and I like working here
What does dock work consist of doing. How many hours you work dock

What does dock work consist of doing. How many hours you work dock
Loading and unloading trailers mainly, time on dock depends on length of bid, I think 400 round trip mandatory, 400 to 478 drive option no delay if don’t, and 478 up round trip hub turn you get delay pay it’s been awhile since I’ve been on dock bid really it’s in your hands some guys work every minute they can get and some avoid dock like the Plague most hubs don’t chase you down but in some cases not working dock you may be there a while sometimes you working dock Determines how fast your freight is loading and if you want to leave quicker that’s the best way to do it

Loading and unloading trailers mainly, time on dock depends on length of bid, I think 400 round trip mandatory, 400 to 478 drive option no delay if don’t, and 478 up round trip hub turn you get delay pay it’s been awhile since I’ve been on dock bid really it’s in your hands some guys work every minute they can get and some avoid dock like the Plague most hubs don’t chase you down but in some cases not working dock you may be there a while sometimes you working dock Determines how fast your freight is loading and if you want to leave quicker that’s the best way to do it
Are you unloading loading trailer by hand or with pallet electric pallet jack?

Location is a significant factor for pay rates. The range is... significant.

B - $30.09/hr - .6864/mi
C - $31.54/hr - .7226/mi
D - $32.22/hr - .7407/mi
E - $32.95/hr - .7588/mi.
How do you know which location is associated with those letters? I'm in the Charleston, WV area and I want to know what rate the terminal in Nitro is at.

If you see a position posted, they have to tell you the pay rate. Otherwise, a good manager can tell you. Just ask.
Interesting, neither positions have payrates posted, the terminals in Nitro and Kenova. I wonder why that is. So there's no other way to know which pay zone/locale a terminal is in without seeing the payrate?

Interesting, neither positions have payrates posted, the terminals in Nitro and Kenova. I wonder why that is. So there's no other way to know which pay zone/locale a terminal is in without seeing the payrate?

My guess is they copy and paste the ad whenever they're hiring. Pay rates change and you don't want one guy copying and pasting bad info. I'm sure if you call and ask, they'll tell you.

How do you know which location is associated with those letters? I'm in the Charleston, WV area and I want to know what rate the terminal in Nitro is at.
Nitro is gonna be a B or C. Most likely B. NYC, Chicago is gonna be an E. Already you can see the mentality you're up against. Still a decent driving job though.

Nitro is gonna be a B or C. Most likely B. NYC, Chicago is gonna be an E. Already you can see the mentality you're up against. Still a decent driving job though.
I see. Yeah it's funny because even the job posting for Nitro has a typo in it, it says "Driver Aoprentice-City" lol.

It depends where you live on pay I’m in Michigan our top pay is 32.22 hr and .7407 mile don’t know what starting pay is. Our shortest run is around 100 miles Toledo and our longest is JOT 600 miles so what you make is depending on bid most TOL drivers I was told they r around 100 k a year and longest runs somewhere around 145 k a year this all depends on if you want to make money and work dock some guys do as little as possible and some push for all dock time they can get. Hours you work again depends on run and how much your willing to work so anywhere from 11 a 14 hours hope this helps overall all companies have good points and bad most managers are pretty decent people to work with as most drivers I’ve been here for 17 years and I like working here
Don’t listen to this guy. He has no clue. J/K

Well it is what it is…. FedEx takes care of my family I’m thankful to have it. There is things I’d like to see changed and some people I could do without but you have to make the best of it
This attitude doesn’t fly around this forum of negative nancies…lol. You be safe headed west brother. Peace