FedEx Freight | FedEx Freight vs Ups Freight

Our,Gold Coop dispatcher told us the other day when we run a load from Calgary,to Texas, we will make more money too,because it’s downhill all the way,and we will get there faster.
Your Gold Coop dispatcher would be correct since Calgary is about 3,516 miles above the equator and Texas is only about 2,094 miles....hope the hotel has good brakes!!

Your Gold Coop dispatcher would be correct since Calgary is about 3,516 miles above the equator and Texas is only about 2,094 miles....hope the hotel has good brakes!!
I also did some math,and determined if our Gold D,Big Dave would let Wong wear,The Hat,it would act as a jake brake and slow us down 15 percent...

Our,Gold Coop dispatcher told us the other day when we run a load from Calgary,to Texas, we will make more money too,because it’s downhill all the way,and we will get there faster.
The Gold Hotel Pipeline? You carrying totes of oil? Must be a blast going through Montana.

I see this topic has gotten away from the origin of the inquiry.

However to the original subject,I'm a retired UPS Freight city driver,& can report that I was paid a good wage.
Being based on an agreement between the Teamsters representation,& UPS.
Although for my union representation,I was required to shell out monthly dues of 2.5 hours of my pay.

I don't know what the line haul drivers dues are,but we all had to pay dues to be in the union,for our pay & benefits.

Don't know if this has totally addressed this topic,although it is a little bit of a difference to being union or non-union.

How does your FedEx pension stack up against theirs?

Crap, but then again if your in your 40’s and beyond, it’s rather a pointless comparison. Obviously if your younger than that, then maybe, perhaps maybe a jump would seem justified, but I still wouldn’t agree to loose upwards of 2,000 a month for a better pension

Crap, but then again if your in your 40’s and beyond, it’s rather a pointless comparison. Obviously if your younger than that, then maybe, perhaps maybe a jump would seem justified, but I still wouldn’t agree to loose upwards of 2,000 a month for a better pension

They are actually working on the pay thing. In my area they are starting drivers at $23.00/hr because with the $17.20/hr pay start we couldn't get any good qualified drivers. We are starting to see a much better quality of driver coming onboard with all types of LTL experience. Of course this is just the new starting wage for P&D drivers, there isn't a new starting wage for road drivers.

At 35, I left a very lucrative job at ABF to do seasonal at UPS small package. I was fortunate to impress the right people, and I got hired. My first year I made about...eh...30 grand less than I used to make. But oh my God, do I love the job compared with ABF. I've lost a ton of weight, I'm home every day...I should write my old terminal manager a thank-you letter. I didn't think I'd ever enjoy trucking.

So sometimes a scary gamble pays off. I think I just finally unclenched my fists. Lol

It will likely last longer. The only solution to the Teamster Pension crisis is to merge all the Teamster plans together, reduce benefits by 60% or more, and say "Sorry".

ST
Your post doesn't make much sense. The teamsters have nothing to do with UPS Freight's pension plan. I think he was referring to how well it pays out when he asked how it stacks up. Let's take the over 40 scenario. Say you work there from age 45 to age 65. $2,000 a month, I believe, so even if you're over 40 not a bad move in my opinion.

Last edited: