FedEx Freight | FedEx Freight vs Ups Freight

CnDX0oL.jpg

Not as fast as Back to the future car, about as powerful as 195NHE Cummins
An absolutely terrible car, and one of my all time favorite cars. I'd love to own one so I could swap out the V6 for something more worthy.

An absolutely terrible car, and one of my all time favorite cars. I'd love to own one so I could swap out the V6 for something more worthy.

Terrible, puts it mildly, feels like sitting in a coffin, windows don't roll down in these cars, just the small center part.
It's really an eye catcher, people flag you down, wanting to make their picture standing beside.
Very heavy and underpowered, all aluminum,electronic fuel injected, it was auto, most were 5 spd.
The cooling system was not purged and ran hot, like I said, it was in boxes when she bought the car.
My wife tired of it and we sold it after 4 yrs.
To me, it was like owning a convertible, my first and last one.
Doubled our money, if you don't count $75,000 of my labor.

So I've heard. But what I hear mentioned of it is that the pay received for sitting isn't what could have been made at work. I've also heard that road runs in some cases are being deliberately structured in a way that's too far for a road driver to complete, justifying giving out to PTS.

I don't know for absolute certain, and I won't claim to know, but I have seen a lot of UPS road drivers complaining about it. So I can only believe that it's a problem.
A Road driver would be paid to sit at home for what ever he would have been scheduled to do for the night of being sent home. We do have a lot of contractors that has gotten way out of control and has not allowed our road operation to grow at all. No doubt that this needs to be addressed and fixed in the next contract. Contractors are only supposed to be pulling freight one way direction only but the company has figured out ways to get around this. We will never be able to stop all contractors from coming in but there needs to be much more restrictions and percentages set in place through the next contract.

A Road driver would be paid to sit at home for what ever he would have been scheduled to do for the night of being sent home. We do have a lot of contractors that has gotten way out of control and has not allowed our road operation to grow at all. No doubt that this needs to be addressed and fixed in the next contract. Contractors are only supposed to be pulling freight one way direction only but the company has figured out ways to get around this. We will never be able to stop all contractors from coming in but there needs to be much more restrictions and percentages set in place through the next contract.
I agree completely, and I hope that the next contract gives you what you need.

Terrible, puts it mildly, feels like sitting in a coffin, windows don't roll down in these cars, just the small center part.
It's really an eye catcher, people flag you down, wanting to make their picture standing beside.
Very heavy and underpowered, all aluminum,electronic fuel injected, it was auto, most were 5 spd.
The cooling system was not purged and ran hot, like I said, it was in boxes when she bought the car.
My wife tired of it and we sold it after 4 yrs.
To me, it was like owning a convertible, my first and last one.
Doubled our money, if you don't count $75,000 of my labor.
The auto was a slug. A 3 speed unit provided by Renault, I believe. The manual had 2 more gears and is the only way for the car to seem like a sports car.

It was the 1980's, after all. 130hp thanks to all the smog equipment on it, heavy thanks to the stainless body. But man do they look cool. Like a Lamborghini Countach, only slightly more practical and a lot cheaper.

One guy stuffed a Lotus Esprit V8 in his. Not super hard to do since the DeLorean's chassis was engineered by Lotus and based on the Esprit chassis. Another guy stuffed a Cadillac Northstar V8 in one. And they've done some engineering work on the V6 to bring the power up, too, if engine swaps aren't your style. Cams, heads and exhaust, plus a better suspension, and you start seeing the car John DeLorean had in mind.