FedEx Freight | FedEx labor provision

Great News

With House control now in the hands of the Republicans, and Rep. John Mica, R-Fla., now likely to succeed Oberstar as chairman of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, don't expect the FedEx labor amendment to come back.

Mica is a former chairman of the aviation subcommittee and well known to the airline industry. Without the FedEx labor provision, Mica could find FAA reauthorization a relatively quick legislative accomplishment to tote up in the next Congress.

It's about time the folks in Minnesota gave Oberstar the boot.

:guiness::guiness::guiness:

Thank God card check is dead. Now if we can just break the back of the IBT the world would truly be a wonderful place. Oh wait YRCW is going to do that for us. Yeeha

Thank God card check is dead. Now if we can just break the back of the IBT the world would truly be a wonderful place. Oh wait YRCW is going to do that for us. Yeeha

Not trying to start anything here but why would you say that? What kind of problems has the IBT caused the world or you in your eyes?

Not trying to start anything here but why would you say that? What kind of problems has the IBT caused the world or you in your eyes?

jimmyjoe :clap:

How about taking union dues from their members to support political Pacs that feed money to Democrats so they can get elected in order to try to ruin the economy of the United States of America.
Of course I will say that the IBT is not as bad as the SEIU and AFL-CIO that take the union dues from public sector workers in order to grow the government with the intention of bankruptying the US economy.

:funky::funky::funky:

Excuse me Z. I already make $80,000yr. You don't here me crying. FedEx treats me just fine. I do my job and FedEx pays me what they say they will pay me. I don't expect more. The labor market will dictate the future.

How many years and hours to you spend slaving on a dock leemcabee? What is your equipment like? Do you think $17 bucks a week in dues would break your piggy bank? Do you have the power to bargain for higher wages and better working conditions? Ya, thats what I thought.

How many years and hours to you spend slaving on a dock leemcabee? What is your equipment like? Do you think $17 bucks a week in dues would break your piggy bank? Do you have the power to bargain for higher wages and better working conditions? Ya, thats what I thought.

No, we don't have the power to bargain for higher wages and working conditions. 90% of our equipment is new or a couple years old. From reading and hearing where the teamsters are going, the question would be, do (you) have the power, here, let me answer that for you, NO, so yes, that $17 does come in pretty handy every week. Maybe you should sit back and see how good you really have it, or NOT.:nono_h4h:

Welcome Harley- please explain what exactly the brothers at YRC able to bargain for with their union representatives? Higher wages? Better working conditions? Better pension contribution? ?Perhaps job protection? ?Better Equipment? ?longer runs? ?better hours?

Please help me- I'm running out of variables.

Where can I get a set of those rose-colored glasses?

Good luck!

Smokestack, GFY.

What is it that scares everyone about a union you need to ask yourselves? Maybe you should sit down and talk to a happy UPS driver and find out just what your missing and just why Fedex is fighting back the union. I know myself that higher wages and someone to back me up when I have a problem would just blow. :nono_h4h: . Now I realize most of you have never been in a union and your scared, but trust me its ok. Maybe everyone at Fedex should sit back and see how greener it could be!

Na, I'm good, the unions been going down hill for about the last 20 plus years and they aint gettin any better, so I'll stay with what I have. Thanks for askin though!!

Smokestack, GFY.

What is it that scares everyone about a union you need to ask yourselves? Maybe you should sit down and talk to a happy UPS driver and find out just what your missing and just why Fedex is fighting back the union. I know myself that higher wages and someone to back me up when I have a problem would just blow. :nono_h4h: . Now I realize most of you have never been in a union and your scared, but trust me its ok. Maybe everyone at Fedex should sit back and see how greener it could be!

$24.00 and hour starting 1-1-11, on our third year with no medical co pay increases. Thanks to our teamster contract. Yes YRC is in the crapper right now, but not thanks to the Teamsters(thanks to bad management).

Excuse me Z. I already make $80,000yr. You don't here me crying. FedEx treats me just fine. I do my job and FedEx pays me what they say they will pay me. I don't expect more. The labor market will dictate the future.

FedEx pays you near Teamster scale to keep you from signing a card.
If the threat of organization is ever removed, I will bet you all the tea in China that you won't be making $80k/year.
Not even half that.

You people don't know who or what you're dealing with.
But you will find out as the Teamsters continue to lose bargaining power in the Freight business.

Look at FedEx Ground...no threat of a union there.
Some of those guys are making $10.00/hr and no bennies busting their humps in package cars.

Take a good look...because that's YOUR future!

How the hell do you make $80,000 a year driving a truck for someone else? What part of the country are you in?

How the hell do you make $80,000 a year driving a truck for someone else? What part of the country are you in?
I don't know about drivesafely but I make that and I'm concidered lazy. I'm in the midwest flyover, can't read, guns and religion part of the world

Heck I make 75,000. I don't have a college degree. Brother in law has an MBA and makes less. I have someone to back me up it's a good boss. Yes there are some. The union only gives to the members what the union wants. When the recession hit all management took pay cuts. Union members took pay-cuts but the leaders keep making the same. Only union worth it's weight is the trades union.