FedEx Freight | FedEx labor provision

If you think you can open your mouth and talk and not get anything in return, your a complete tool.

Moron!!!...

Can't even spell 'fool' correctly...and yet calls SS a punk!

You 'pups' need to go lay beside your water bowl and let your 'betters' alone.
Hopefully your stupid ass will be banned shortly and we won't have to read your foul rants anymore. :6799:

Rat

Last edited by a moderator:
You do it the way you want, it's your life but I found out that if I don't have anything but utilities going out, I don't have to make much, I don't worry about getting cancelled for the 3rd day this week, I could have worked and threw the extra board guy out in the cold but since I don't have to worry about making alot of money, I don't have to throw my fellow man under a bus so I can pay for the house I couldn't afford when I bought it or the 50k car sitting in the driveway or a woman who thinks she is a princess that has to have all of the above....

The beauty of my life situation is is the fact my wife thinks just like me and my 14 yr daughter wrote an essay for school she got an A on describing the what it does to you to buy things with money you don't have....

Live it the way you want Mr. Ray of sunshine, I bet you are a joy to work with
Your right Jeff. I'm not as far along as you but I have the 6 month fund. Felt good when I took the old truck in for a 100 dollar repair that turned into 800. You should have seen the girls eyes when I whipped out some hundred dollar bills. She said, dont you have a credit card? I told her I dont deal with credit anymore and if cash was a problem then we had a problem!

Wages like this are also very common with union companies, the only difference is you put in 70 plus hours, pay much more for benefits and have very little job protection.
KarenK

Sorry, but your wrong. The difference you speak of is not there.
55-57 hrs. a week gets me 77K, full insurance for my wife and I is $9.21/week. 401K match to 6%, a company sponsored pension plan and employee stock purchase options. And with what we've seen with the YRC/IBT situation over the past few years we'll not even discuss the job protection issue....
But I'll put it this way....No job is 100% safe anywhere you go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your right Jeff. I'm not as far along as you but I have the 6 month fund. Felt good when I took the old truck in for a 100 dollar repair that turned into 800. You should have seen the girls eyes when I whipped out some hundred dollar bills. She said, dont you have a credit card? I told her I dont deal with credit anymore and if cash was a problem then we had a problem!

Keep digging man, you will get there, only you can do it.... and you will if you want it bad enough, its a mindset, once you do it for a while, it becomes habit and you will never go back...

No matter what people tell you keep diggin, people will balk at you, say you are weird or don't enjoy things in life and you just explain to them you earn the money first then spend instead of borrowing to buy.... people that use credit for a lifestyle will never have anything but a big stack of bills and stress

FedEx pays you near Teamster scale to keep you from signing a card.
If the threat of organization is ever removed, I will bet you all the tea in China that you won't be making $80k/year.
Not even half that.

You people don't know who or what you're dealing with.
But you will find out as the Teamsters continue to lose bargaining power in the Freight business.

Look at FedEx Ground...no threat of a union there.
Some of those guys are making $10.00/hr and no bennies busting their humps in package cars.

Take a good look...because that's YOUR future!
You have to relize mikey that ground is o/o not company employees so what they make is what the truck owner pays them.

I know of a few retired Teamsters out driving those owner operator trucks. Collect their pension and get out of the house with spending money. They have no life outside of a cab.
You have to relize mikey that ground is o/o not company employees so what they make is what the truck owner pays them.

Here in Kansas City, drivers make $14 an hour at most companies.

I won't touch FedEx Freight here, because they stick experienced drivers on the dock, and train 21 year olds who worked on the dock to drive, and have them drive instead.

Here in Kansas City, drivers make $14 an hour at most companies.

I won't touch FedEx Freight here, because they stick experienced drivers on the dock, and train 21 year olds who worked on the dock to drive, and have them drive instead.

I would rather work the dock at 20 an hour than 14 an hour to drive a truck

Gee, working 60-70 hours a week usually netted me a take-home pay of around $700. Of course, I'm single, so I have to pay more in taxes.

:stirthepot: I have a 6 month fund and had a 3 month until I had to have knee surgery and most of it got ate up. I don't like the thought of giving my money to IBT anymore than anybody else but this isn't American Freightways anymore and Fedex Freight doesn't give a hoot and holler about you as a person, you are just a number and if it gets to the point you are making to much money then they will find a way to get rid of you. I am suprised they haven't tried to make Freight like Ground where you have to have your own truck. It was bad enough when they sent out e-mails to all their customers saying how YRC was going belly up and if they wanted on the Fedex Freight train they better hurry up. Bunch of Arrogant people who run this company.