XPO | Fedex Last Mile Service

We had that at Overnite years ago, what a nightmare. They were exercycles of some sort, contract with shipper said 2 drivers, that didn't last, always alone. 175 lb. crate up stairs, don't damage my floor, careful with my steps, don't scrape the wall, the dog is "friendly", the kids are always like that, couple that with the fact you are alone in someone's house without a witness, best of luck with that. Pressure from dispatch, " what is taking so long". Wanted to go home every time I saw one... Didn't last long, to many claims. Picking up one that they didn't want was even worse

We had that at Overnite years ago, what a nightmare. They were exercycles of some sort, contract with shipper said 2 drivers, that didn't last, always alone. 175 lb. crate up stairs, don't damage my floor, careful with my steps, don't scrape the wall, the dog is "friendly", the kids are always like that, couple that with the fact you are alone in someone's house without a witness, best of luck with that. Pressure from dispatch, " what is taking so long". Wanted to go home every time I saw one... Didn't last long, to many claims. Picking up one that they didn't want was even worse
We already have a last mile service in place but it’s 100 % sub contractors and the turnover is nearly the same percentage. The contractors rent straight trucks. Xpo does not own any vehicles in that sector.

People are getting more lazy nowadays, they order their junk on the internet and it's up to someone else to bring it and set it up. It sucks period. Lots of things we used to go to a brick and mortar store and buy bring home, set it up - days are going away. Freight companies see this as the new emerging markets for profits. It's been mentioned in some of our company meetings. It's where things are going.

People are getting more lazy nowadays, they order their junk on the internet and it's up to someone else to bring it and set it up. It sucks period. Lots of things we used to go to a brick and mortar store and buy bring home, set it up - days are going away. Freight companies see this as the new emerging markets for profits. It's been mentioned in some of our company meetings. It's where things are going.
That's how we make the money!!!! Order everything and have it delivered, but they have to be realistic. You order a 600 lb. weight machine and want me to put it downstairs. There are two ways to do it, get me some friggin' help, or come back in 20 minutes it will be there, sign this first... shippers and salespeople will say anything to get the freight, "just do what you can", "I paid to have you take it upstairs", "where is your help?", "what do you mean you need a liftgate?". Thank you Jesus for linehaul!!!!!!!!!!!