FedEx Freight | Fedex phoenix terminals

aztxrogue

TB Lurker
Credits
I saw fedex national in phoenix, just built a new terminal in phoenix, within the last year or so, i was wondering whats the situation is in phoenix.

i was just there, what they are doing is splitting the valley, freight on one side, nat. on the other. There may be some consolidation, but as of now both centers are remaining open. I will tell you this... The security level at the PHX freight yard is high! I had my current badge, and still the ops. sup. came outside the gate to talkwith me. No appt. no going in. I am glad they run it like that, it does look good that not just anyone canwalk in and see whats what and where. And it doesnt look like it is in a very safe area either, as far as that goes.

Nat'l will become the road barn.

We (MRL) just got the rough drafts of the bid schedule, and just so folks know, any run UNDER 400 miles round trip will require dock work. In fact, every driver whether they are P & D or linehaul is required to be dock certified. The implications of this are far reaching and will have a direct affect on decisions whether to take the severance or run the risk of getting canned for poor job performance down the road (Min. 6 bills per hour).
The Phoenix terminal is really nice also.

We (MRL) just got the rough drafts of the bid schedule, and just so folks know, any run UNDER 400 miles round trip will require dock work. In fact, every driver whether they are P & D or linehaul is required to be dock certified. The implications of this are far reaching and will have a direct affect on decisions whether to take the severance or run the risk of getting canned for poor job performance down the road (Min. 6 bills per hour).
The Phoenix terminal is really nice also.

I have never understood the fear of dock work. It's a minor inconvenience at most. The dock supervisors are generally decent people who treat you with respect. Anyone who feels they are above dock work fails to understand the big picture.