FedEx Freight | FedEx pilots vote in favor of strike in push for pay rise !

SMOKESTACK

Survival my only hope , success my only option.
Administrator
Credits

If either side declines, both parties enter a 30-day "cooling off" period, after which pilots and management can engage in self-help - a strike by the union or a lockout by management.

So then what then FDX comes to a complete halt ?

It will probably be like the last time this happened. Pilots wanted more so FedEx gave them a bonus to ratify the new contract. In the shareholders paperwork it said they gave the bonus that would have gone to the freight employees to the pilots as a bonus to ratify their new contract. So we got screwed so the pilots would be happy.

If either side declines, both parties enter a 30-day "cooling off" period, after which pilots and management can engage in self-help - a strike by the union or a lockout by management.

So then what then FDX comes to a complete halt ?
Be nice if pilots and FXF drivers went on strike at same time. I know I gotta quit drinking this early...

It will probably be like the last time this happened. Pilots wanted more so FedEx gave them a bonus to ratify the new contract. In the shareholders paperwork it said they gave the bonus that would have gone to the freight employees to the pilots as a bonus to ratify their new contract. So we got screwed so the pilots would be happy.

Where did you see that about the pilots bonus? I would love to read that and push it up.

Which one?
The list would be long, if "better than" is the only criteria.

Pretty much any union CAN represent. Doesn't have to be a transportation related union. If I remember correctly, Uber drivers signed cards for representation by a Machinist's union.

In my opinion, FedEx pilots union would be BEST. But they declined our request back in the day, being the elitist group that they are. If they had the good sense to think It though, imagine the leverage Drivers AND Pilots combined could have.

Feel free to start a thread on the topic of which union(s) could be the best choice. I'll play.
:smilie93c peelout: