XPO | FedEX Presses Congress for 33-ft Twin Trailers

Lets pull twin 53's! What the heck, put a bunch more drivers out of work. Greedy B'TARDS!

I will never get to the reship! Both yellow engine lights on, won't pull, lots of downshifting. Thats with a set of pups. The management wants all of this fuel mileage gains, but if the emissions are screwed up they don't want to get it fixed. I don't care, I'll keep putting in 10 extra gallons of fuel in the truck every day. That's been going on for 5 weeks!!! Yes I do keep writing it up. It's not my money.

Yep, why not ? First 33's then 38's. Why not ? They must not have cube utilization over there at FedEx. If we got a bigger trailer we'd need double axles. Spend three hours loading a trailer and it is gonna be full and heavy.

Yep, why not ? First 33's then 38's. Why not ? They must not have cube utilization over there at FedEx. If we got a bigger trailer we'd need double axles. Spend three hours loading a trailer and it is gonna be full and heavy.

LDA is getting 60 of those trailers for p&d only. SCM says it's a test..some time this year.

I will never get to the reship! Both yellow engine lights on, won't pull, lots of downshifting. Thats with a set of pups. The management wants all of this fuel mileage gains, but if the emissions are screwed up they don't want to get it fixed. I don't care, I'll keep putting in 10 extra gallons of fuel in the truck every day. That's been going on for 5 weeks!!! Yes I do keep writing it up. It's not my money.

Have you driven one of the new automatics? I drove one a few nights back..after you get used to it, it's not bad. If you keep your foot in it, it pulls the hill a lot better with that 12 speed. Atleast that was my experience. I passed a couple of our drivers.

Right, spend 3 hours loading only to move load <200 miles only to be broke again!! We handle Freight way too much!

Have you driven one of the new automatics? I drove one a few nights back..after you get used to it, it's not bad. If you keep your foot in it, it pulls the hill a lot better with that 12 speed. Atleast that was my experience. I passed a couple of our drivers.

I'M sure that they D'ont worry about how it shifts lol...

It doesn't shift at all like they want. The box is ringing all the time. go figure..

These are the idiots that put a shift monitor in an AUTOMATIC truck... Wonder how long it will take for the geniuses in management to pull someone in to coach them about their poor shift score, not realizing the truck is an automatic.

I'm sure it will still be the drivers fault somehow...

I heard years ago about Con-way getting these back when some big dog came to visit.
I think he said it was something that they were looking at in the future.
He may have just been talking in generalities as far as all LTL's.

Ain't about efficiency.....it's about filling trick seats outta the schooll EASIER.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

These are the idiots that put a shift monitor in an AUTOMATIC truck... Wonder how long it will take for the geniuses in management to pull someone in to coach them about their poor shift score, not realizing the truck is an automatic.

I'm sure it will still be the drivers fault somehow...

The auto's at our barn aren't hooked up to the monitor. I've driven several of them for the past month, not one of them rings the shift monitor, and you don't get a score either.