Central Transport | Fedex Running Everyone Under

ltlrunner

TB Lurker
Credits
Fedex is going around offering a reduced rate for 90 days if the company will ship with them. (Quote::::They "Fedex" are supposibly stating that if they dont ship with them now, they will not haul the freight if and when Roadway goes under)They are trying to run Roadway and others under. I know we lost alot of our freight because of this already.

ive seen this mentioned in other forums as well, if its true and we do lose some buisness, hopefully they will come back after the 90 days....seems foolish to haul freight for a loss just to get the account.

Fedex is going around offering a reduced rate for 90 days if the company will ship with them. (Quote::::They "Fedex" are supposibly stating that if they dont ship with them now, they will not haul the freight if and when Roadway goes under)They are trying to run Roadway and others under. I know we lost alot of our freight because of this already.

This is not true. It is a rumor and only a rumor.....I have talked to several FX sales people from a couple different locations and they sternly deny any such offer being made to anyone... they are being allow to match existing rates a customer is getting, which they couldn't do until recently, but that's it.

True

It is true, several big corporations that we pick up at has told me. We lost all our freight to Fedex because of this.

then why do we still have road drivers laid off if we have all this freight come on use your brains if we gave one customer 90 would they all not want the same deal .

It is true, several big corporations that we pick up at has told me. We lost all our freight to Fedex because of this.
Your customers are not telling the whole truth. It is a bundled product, if you ship using fedex express,ground,and freight they will discount some of these services for a while to try a solution for all your needs. Fedex is not trying to put everybody out of business.

fatneck Quote:

Your customers are not telling the whole truth. It is a bundled product, if you ship using fedex express,ground,and freight they will discount some of these services for a while to try a solution for all your needs. Fedex is not trying to put everybody out of business.

I work for a different LTL company. According to our management guys, Fedex did offer a 90% discount or some outrageous amount like that. I find Fatnecks last sentence interesting. He said "Fedex is not trying to put everybody out of business. So if you Clintonian parse this, then Fatneck, who is Fedex trying to run out of business. Our guys say Fedex targeted YRCW. Who knows what is the truth but there sure are a lot of accusations from a lot of different companies. Either we believe one or the many, which is it?

yes, fedex is trying to put yrc out of business. Maybe, maybe not. But I don't feel one bit sorry for vitran if they are losing out on this deal, we've been losing freight to them for years. What goes around comes around.

Relax it's FedEx

Fed ex has choked themselves with so much freight they cant deliver it all.

We are running over 99% on time.

We are offering current customers and potential customers bundle deals kinda like getting your phone, internet and cable in one. Weather it's an envelope, carton, skid or a truck load one name with many different services.This is something the transportation industry has never seen and shippers are eating it up.
We also offer seamless shipping to and from Canada and Mexico.

FedEx is not looking to run any one company out. This is just business. A project that has been in the works for a long time, now being realised.

Don't be a hatter because other companies can't compete.
This 90% for 90 days is NOT TRUE.